Author Topic: Hyundai Canada Announces Pricing for Santa Fe XL  (Read 14568 times)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2114
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: Hyundai Canada Announces Pricing for Santa Fe XL
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 04:01:33 pm »
I believe i read that in a year or two all new cars must have a back up camera

Yep, not 100% for sure yet but it looks like it

http://www.fyidriving.com/article/nhtsas-big-backup-camera-plan/

Great.....yet another thing that can break. What idiot thought this was a good idea, if you need a backup camera on a sedan, coupe or hatchback, you shouldnt be driving.

True.. but it can't hurt too much to have one.  I wonder, if it breaks, are you legally responsible to fix it?

Yeah, but its yet another things that driving the price of cars up. I dont think its a horrid or useless thing, I reserve that for the "smart key" systems, but I just dont find it necessary for a lot of cars.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013, 04:10:34 pm »

Great.....yet another thing that can break. What idiot thought this was a good idea, if you need a backup camera on a sedan, coupe or hatchback, you shouldnt be driving.

True.. but it can't hurt too much to have one.  I wonder, if it breaks, are you legally responsible to fix it?

Yeah, but its yet another things that driving the price of cars up. I dont think its a horrid or useless thing, I reserve that for the "smart key" systems, but I just dont find it necessary for a lot of cars.

Funny, I'd include smart keys under the list of those things that I wouldn't want to give up after having one.  I find it really convenient not to have to fish for keys in my pocket if I'm carrying stuff. It doesn't matter which pocket I put them in, jacket or pants, I just touch the door handle and the car unlocks....push the button and it starts...no muss,no fuss, no fumbling around  .....and I've never left my keys in the car ;D
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2114
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 04:12:10 pm »

Funny, I'd include smart keys under the list of those things that I wouldn't want to give up after having one.  I find it really convenient not to have to fish for keys in my pocket if I'm carrying stuff. It doesn't matter which pocket I put them in, jacket or pants, I just touch the door handle and the car unlocks....push the button and it starts...no muss,no fuss, no fumbling around  .....and I've never left my keys in the car ;D

My buddy lost the key to his Jetta, cost him $250 bucks....and that wasnt a smart key, I wouldnt want to think if I lost or damaged one of those bloody things.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2013, 04:17:17 pm »

My buddy lost the key to his Jetta, cost him $250 bucks....and that wasnt a smart key, I wouldnt want to think if I lost or damaged one of those bloody things.

You're far less apt to lose one if you never take it out of your pocket.  ;)

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +39/-88
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Forester Touring; 2009 Civic EX-L
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2013, 04:27:40 pm »

I have one and I love it for the reasons that sailor mentioned.  I think it costs around the same amount ($250-300) to replace one of these 'Intelligent' keys.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2013, 05:28:13 pm »
By the sound of it all if I go Korean again, it will be Sorento with the same 3.3V6. I won't have to have the silly third row and the floor will be just right for cargo. I wish this Fe came with the third road delete option and like many ppl already complained, I'd like the Premium trim to have a backup cam. It is impossible not to have after you tried it.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +706/-12358
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2013, 05:34:51 pm »
Smartkey, backup cam - wouldn't want to go back to doing without them.

This is a sharp-looking ride.
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2013, 05:50:31 pm »
I would have no reason not to buy the shorter SF without third row and the V6. Now that would be the ideal unit for me.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2013, 05:56:33 pm »
I would have no reason not to buy the shorter SF without third row and the V6. Now that would be the ideal unit for me.
Or in other words, you'd like a Santa Fe with two rows of seats and a V6?  ;)
(not picking, just trying to decode the message)

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2013, 11:28:00 am »
Looks good, as expected.

252lb-ft of torque is pretty weak for the size, though.

Plus, not offering the rearview camera in the FWD and AWD Premium trims is not so good, either.

Is it really all that weak?  The Pathfinder has 240 lb-ft.  The Explorer has 255 lb-ft.

This vehicle is within the range, but here's the icing on the cake:

"145 kg lighter than the outgoing Veracruz, 108 kg lighter than the all-new Nissan Pathfinder"

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2013, 11:38:34 am »

Fail.

Engine   litres   lbft   lbft/litre
MB M276   3.5   273    78.00
Toyota 2GE-FSE   3.5   277    79.14
BMW N52   3   232    77.33
VQ37VHR   3.7   269    72.70
Santa Fe   3.3   252    76.36
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2013, 11:53:31 am »

Fail.

remember...It's a Hyundai so who really knows what the HP, torque or FE numbers really are?   ;D :stick:

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Hyundai Canada Announces Pricing for Santa Fe XL
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2013, 12:23:59 pm »

Fail.

remember...It's a Hyundai so who really knows what the HP, torque or FE numbers really are?   ;D :stick:

Also they ripped the name off the Mexicans.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Factger

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +6/-6
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2018 Sportwagen 4 motion 2018 Ford Edge 2013 Ford Focus SE (5 Speed Man.)
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2013, 12:25:50 pm »
Our 2011 edge has 285hp @ 6500rpm &253ft-lb @ 4000rpm weighing over 4000lb. The edge can scoot along quite nice (mid 7 sec 0-60) So I do not think the santa fe is under powered based on the stated specs. The towing  capacity on the edge is 3500lbs but I think the edge could handle more easily based on engine power ( braking would be the limiting factor in towing)

The santa fe xl is 3960lbs. Very light for the size of the vehicle.

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2013, 07:49:29 pm »
Our 2011 edge has 285hp @ 6500rpm &253ft-lb @ 4000rpm weighing over 4000lb. The edge can scoot along quite nice (mid 7 sec 0-60) So I do not think the santa fe is under powered based on the stated specs. The towing  capacity on the edge is 3500lbs but I think the edge could handle more easily based on engine power ( braking would be the limiting factor in towing)

The santa fe xl is 3960lbs. Very light for the size of the vehicle.

Transmission would also be a weak point for towing, along with chassis strength.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2013, 09:46:43 am »

I'm skeptical on the posted fuel economy ratings considering Hyudai has been less than stellar in regards to posted numbers.

...7.8L/100km highway for FWD models.

Wouldn't it be nice if the EPA estimates were for the worst-performing model, and then you could only expect better?  i.e. require the citation of only the AWD, fully-loaded (and weight-burdened) trim?  It'd be more realistic and few actually buy the base model anyway (especially FWD in larger SUVs).

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2013, 09:48:55 am »
Looks good, as expected.

Plus, not offering the rearview camera in the FWD and AWD Premium trims is not so good, either.

Good point.   Backup cameras are becoming pretty much expected in these things.

Why are people all hot and bothered about back up cameras. The only reason Id like one on my truck is to hook up the trailer but otherwise I cant see any reason for them.

When someone backs into you, you'll wish they were mandatory - just because you look behind you (and thank you for that) doesn't mean the rest of the drivers around you do.

I wish Toyota's cross-traffic alert in the new Rav4 would be mandatory - auto brake before hitting something in reverse?  Come on, how is that not given more media attention?

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +706/-12358
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
Re: Re: Hyundai Canada Announces Pricing for Santa Fe XL
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2013, 09:51:58 am »

Also they ripped the name off the Mexicans.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

My geography is dodgy at the best of times, but isn't Santa Fe in the US?

Offline PJ

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +64/-153
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2013, 11:14:57 am »
Looks good, as expected.

Good point.   Backup cameras are becoming pretty much expected in these things.

Why are people all hot and bothered about back up cameras. The only reason Id like one on my truck is to hook up the trailer but otherwise I cant see any reason for them.

When someone backs into you, you'll wish they were mandatory - just because you look behind you (and thank you for that) doesn't mean the rest of the drivers around you do.

I wish Toyota's cross-traffic alert in the new Rav4 would be mandatory - auto brake before hitting something in reverse?  Come on, how is that not given more media attention?

I think the cameras will cause more fender benders.  The people I've seen just stare at the screen and are blind to everything else around them.  Sure good drivers will just glance at them and still look where they are going but good drivers have no problem backing up and don't need them at all.

I want tougher standards and tests for drivers rather then gadgets.  You can't make things idiot proof because someone will just invent a better idiot.

Offline Shnak

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-49
  • New toy! :)
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2006 Kia Sportage
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2013, 11:43:31 am »
I gotta say that 3.3 Premium AWD looks pretty damn good for $35k... all it's missing is keyless entry and premium audio. Hopefully they add these as options over the next few years as this would make a great replacement for our Sportage. I don't want leather, and I don't particular care for the sunroof, so the Premium AWD looks like a great package for me. And it's $35k, but realistically, it'll probably be more like 32-33k with 0% financing over 60 or 72 months... so that turns it into a lot of vehicle for the price.