Author Topic: Truck "demographics"  (Read 15341 times)

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: Truck "demographics"
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2018, 11:07:46 am »

Saw a version of this on a vehicle, whats the appropriate mourning period before I can go back out into public??
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2018, 11:26:45 am »
It's calling women "whores."    ::)

Somepeople just don't get it and never will   :'(

whuuaa?    why do you think that?    it could be calling professional prostitutes (also known as whores) what they are. 

i mean, the truck owner is baller enough to be able to afford services from multiple of them at a time, what's wrong with that?

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2018, 11:27:28 am »

whuuaa?    why do you think that?    it could be calling professional prostitutes (also known as whores) what they are. 

i mean, the truck owner is baller enough to be able to afford services from multiple of them at a time, what's wrong with that?

:rofl2: :rofl2:

#whorelivesmatter

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2018, 11:28:55 am »

:rofl2: :rofl2:

#whorelivesmatter

It is the oldest profession...  :rofl:  :run:
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2018, 11:49:55 am »
Ever see the guys getting out of trucks like that?  99.9999% of the time they're disgusting obese pigs with giant fat rolls that long ago enveloped their micropenis and so yes, I'm sure they use the services of "whores" so they can pay someone to root around through their blubber to find what's left of their shriveled manhood and not throw up at the sight of their sagging man-boobs.

The irony in the "fat girls" sticker is as deep as the Marianas Trench.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2018, 12:00:13 pm »
Ever see the guys getting out of trucks like that?  99.9999% of the time they're disgusting obese pigs with giant fat rolls that long ago enveloped their micropenis and so yes, I'm sure they use the services of "whores" so they can pay someone to root around through their blubber to find what's left of their shriveled manhood and not throw up at the sight of their sagging man-boobs.

The irony in the "fat girls" sticker is as deep as the Marianas Trench.

Geez, and if someone dared to make a statement about anyone that drives anything but a truck being a neutered, soft, beta male, limp wrist cuck, there would be an absolute uproar.....project much??  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2018, 12:06:34 pm »
Geez, and if someone dared to make a statement about anyone that drives anything but a truck being a neutered, soft, beta male, limp wrist cuck, there would be an absolute uproar.....project much??  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/7xtn/2015-chevrolet-colorado-truck-guy-focus-group-rugged

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2018, 12:14:20 pm »
Nope, not projecting any more than calling women whores, etc.

I'm just telling it like it is.  I mean, really, who's a "beta male?"  Someone confident enough to drive whatever they want and respect people, or someone that shouts their insecurities from the roof-tops via misogynistic, racist, or other statements?

Hell, I'm even willing to play their game - but when someone stands up to them they fold like origami.  Every time one of these guys says "want to continue this outside?" they expect little old me to run for the nearest exit, and when I don't they wilt and make excuses and can't understand what just happened.  They got called on their $hit.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2018, 12:16:02 pm »
Nope, not projecting any more than calling women whores, etc.

I'm just telling it like it is.  I mean, really, who's a "beta male?"  Someone confident enough to drive whatever they want and respect people, or someone that shouts their insecurities from the roof-tops via misogynistic, racist, or other statements?

Hell, I'm even willing to play their game - but when someone stands up to them they fold like origami.  Every time one of these guys says "want to continue this outside?" they expect little old me to run for the nearest exit, and when I don't they wilt and make excuses and can't understand what just happened.  They got called on their $hit.

Hey, you are the one basing someone personality, and weirdly their physical being, by the vehicle they drive.

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2018, 12:20:56 pm »
Every time one of these guys says "want to continue this outside?" they expect little old me to run for the nearest exit, and when I don't they wilt and make excuses and can't understand what just happened. 

How often does this happen?

I always think of the dudes driving these lifted trucks as young bros, often small in stature.  Compensating if you will.  Often pitbull owners.  Ha ha. 
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2018, 12:26:37 pm »
Every time one of these guys says "want to continue this outside?" they expect little old me to run for the nearest exit, and when I don't they wilt and make excuses and can't understand what just happened. 

How often does this happen?

I always think of the dudes driving these lifted trucks as young bros, often small in stature.  Compensating if you will.  Often pitbull owners.  Ha ha.

Most of them are young, have no worldly possessions to speak of, work in an environment where lets say if you thought "locker room" talk was offensive your head would physically implode, and maybe have a grade 12 diploma. Yeah, not exactly the best kind of people.

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2018, 12:31:49 pm »
I've got no issue with most of them, my post above was mostly a joke.  Most of them are just young adults being young adults.  As mentioned earlier, I have a nephew with a lifted Dodge.  Great kid.  Comes over just to spend time with my much younger boys and shows a lot of respect to everyone.  I give him a hard time about his lifted Dodge  ;D.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2018, 12:33:19 pm »
I think some of you are highly prejudiced based on the 5% of the outlier population giving the respective trucks a bad name. Just like people who think all cyclists are stop sign running idiots, or all motorcyclists are 50 over the limit wheeling jerks, or all Camry drivers are old and slow.

Most truck drivers are normal, most cyclists are law obeying, most motorcyclists following the flow of traffic, most Camry drivers are competent. And if people are somehow tuning out those who aren't doing bad things, as a motorcyclist and cyclist that really really scares me.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2018, 12:44:17 pm »
A friend of mine has a 2 or 3 year old Ram....pretty much stock. I think it was just a case of it was the best deal at the time he was shopping. He's had both Ford's and GM's in the past.
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2018, 12:50:02 pm »
A friend of mine has a 2 or 3 year old Ram....pretty much stock. I think it was just a case of it was the best deal at the time he was shopping. He's had both Ford's and GM's in the past.

No white Oakleys?? Never ripped his shirt off in Sobeys and asked someone if they "wanna go bro"?? 

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2018, 02:13:44 pm »
Not talking about the truck.  Talking about someone that would put a "whores" sticker on their vehicle.  Just the fact that you'd put that on your car/truck/min-van/scooter/whatever makes you a first-grade loser a$$hole.

And I've had my share of run-ins with rednecks, though quite infrequently now.  A while back I inadvertently cut in line at the hot-dog counter at Costco and this guy said "if you weren't handicapped I'd go outside and beat your a$$."

Let's say I made it clear that I would be more than willing to visit the parking lot with him.  Suddenly he wasn't so angry.

Sometime ago I was crossing the street, in a marked crosswalk, with a "walk" light.  Douchenozzle in Rig-Rocket nearly runs me over.  I punch his truck.  He stops, jumps out acting all ragey and when I head right for him, whoops, back into the truck he goes and off he speeds.

Offline lebowski

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +96/-70
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car: '06 Legacy GT Wagon 5-speed. Rich corinthian leather upholstery. Roof rack. AM/FM/CD.
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2018, 02:34:11 pm »
I occasionally fantasize about being so rich that I have two cars in my garage, just for jokes: 1) a diesel bro-dozer with a giant "COEXIST" bumper sticker, and 2) a white, bulletproof Prius with mudflap girls and a sticker that reads "My Other Ride Is Your Mom".  ;D

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2018, 02:37:04 pm »
^ :rofl2:

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2018, 02:40:50 pm »
I occasionally fantasize about being so rich that I have two cars in my garage, just for jokes: 1) a diesel bro-dozer with a giant "COEXIST" bumper sticker, and 2) a white, bulletproof Prius with mudflap girls and a sticker that reads "My Other Ride Is Your Mom".  ;D

I use this one on you a lot, but it really works.  ;D

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2018, 02:42:48 pm »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: