Author Topic: Truck "demographics"  (Read 15382 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7199
    • View Profile
Re: Truck "demographics"
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2018, 12:31:53 am »
Wow, I'm actually quite surprised at some of the hatred and stereotypical posts from some here regarding truck owners.  A little disappointed TBH.   :(

Meh...some people are going by experience.  Hard to fault that.

Here, where I live, my experience goes like this.

1) Stock truck owners:  Mostly normal...occasional ass-hat driving because they are in an indestructible tank.  The pinnacle of their stupidity, if any, is in winter where they continue to use all season tires, yet still drive like it's dry because 4X4.  But mostly normal drivers...like anyone in a car.

2) Lightly modded, slightly lifted: Occasional idiot, but still mostly normal vehicle owners.

3) Highly modded, high lift, rolling coal:  High tendency for douchebaggery.

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7199
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2018, 12:33:59 am »
Most truck drivers are normal, most cyclists are law obeying, most motorcyclists following the flow of traffic, most Camry drivers are competent.

Come to Toronto. Your views will change.

So... Toronto's the problem?  ;D

Yes, it is.  Easily the worst drivers I've seen in Ontario.  But even more frightening to see is the total deathwish the cyclists seem to have.  I have been to many cities in the US and here....but GTA takes the cake for suicidal cyclists.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2018, 04:49:41 am »
It is not a deathwish rr. Cyclists in TO have been led to believe , by generations of municipal politicians, that they are entitled to ride like crazy people and if any street has parking then that must be replaced with a cycle lane etc etc.
Recently on the local new some cyclists were complaining loudly that the bike lanes were not cleared of snow properly where there was a cross street! Would you believe cars were actually allowed to drag some snow and slush onto the bike lane  and there would be no city employee there to remove it immediately.      I am not joking, this was an item on City TV news last week.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2018, 11:30:17 am »
Not talking about the truck.  Talking about someone that would put a "whores" sticker on their vehicle.  Just the fact that you'd put that on your car/truck/min-van/scooter/whatever makes you a first-grade loser a$$hole.

Or just an immature kid that thought it was funny...
How many people here thought it was funny  ::)

Too many people still think you can treat women like things

I don't mind it, in traffic if they have that sort of sticker I never have to wonder if they are possibly an a$$hole, they are advertising it and I know what to expect.
Mr Pickypants

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2018, 05:01:54 pm »
It is not a deathwish rr. Cyclists in TO have been led to believe , by generations of municipal politicians, that they are entitled to ride like crazy people and if any street has parking then that must be replaced with a cycle lane etc etc.
Recently on the local new some cyclists were complaining loudly that the bike lanes were not cleared of snow properly where there was a cross street! Would you believe cars were actually allowed to drag some snow and slush onto the bike lane  and there would be no city employee there to remove it immediately.      I am not joking, this was an item on City TV news last week.

I’m never living in Toronto...omg I can’t tolerate this kind of liberal bs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk