NEW FOR 2011:
– 4.4-litre V8 discontinued; V6 engines increase in power
– Standard Sirius satellite radio
– Premium Audio speakers change from Dynaudio to Harman, no change in performance
– New sunroof wind deflector and rear park camera
– Compass, garage door opener and grocery bag holder now available as accessories
– Bi-xenon headlamps with Active Bending Lights added as stand-alone option for the 3.2 and T6
– Executive Package replaced with Inscription Package; T6 adds 18-inch Balius wheels from Executive Package as standard equipment
– Nivomat self-levelling shocks deleted from the sport chassis in the Dynamic Package, with no difference in performance
– Rear headphone jacks and audio controls deleted
– Exterior colour: White Pearl discontinued
For 2011, the Volvo S80 sheds its 4.4-litre V8 engine, as the turbocharged six-cylinder now offers similar horsepower and torque. Other changes are in trim, including a new sunroof wind deflector that reduces wind noise, new standard and optional features, new packages and new stand-alone options.
The S80 is available as the 3.2 FWD, with 3.2-litre inline six-cylinder engine, and as the T6 AWD, with turbocharged 3.0-litre six-cylinder. Both use a six-speed automatic transmission.
Features on the 3.2 FWD include 17-inch alloy wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, heated mirrors with puddle lamps, electronic brake force distribution, brake assist, front and rear fog lights, headlight washers, electrically-folding rear head restraints, whiplash-preventing front seats, heated cloth seats, fold-flat front passenger seat, 60/40 split-folding second-row seat, tilt and telescopic leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, CD stereo with auxiliary input, Sirius satellite radio, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, cruise control, heated washer nozzles, illuminated vanity mirrors, illuminated locking glovebox, floor mats, outside temperature gauge, auto up/down windows, intermittent wipers, and trip computer.
The T6 AWD adds 18-inch alloy wheels, blind spot information system, retractable mirrors, Four-C Active Chassis, adaptive xenon headlights, power sunroof, heated and ventilated perforated power-adjustable leather front seats, driver’s side memory, heated rear seats, six-CD/MP3 stereo with Sirius satellite radio, Bluetooth connectivity, humidity sensor, and front and rear parking assist.