NEW FOR 2013:
– 5.7-litre Hemi V8 available on 3500 ST SRW.
– Additional transmission options: 385 hp/850 lb-ft Cummins with AISIN automatic, 370 hp/800 lb-ft with 6-speed automatic, 350 hp/660 lb-ft with 6-speed manual.
– Clean diesel tech with Selective Catalytic Reduction system for all diesel models.
– Ram Active Air intake system for all diesel models.
– 50,000 psi high-strenth steer frame for Ram 3500.
– New front-rear suspension for Ram 3500.
– New front-axle disconnect system for Ram 3500 4×4.
– Standard Class V high receiver with 17,000 lb capacity.
– Factory installed fifth wheel/gooseneck hitch provisions for Ram 3500.
– Upgraded interior with premium materials.
– Uconnect with 8.4-inch touchscreen available.
– 7-inch in-cluster multiview vehicle information display.
– PowerNet electrical architecture for enhanced connectivity and technologies.
– Centre High Mounted Stop Lamp position rear view camera.
As like every year when it comes to heavy-duty pickups, there are a number of changes – some trivial and others major – to enhance value for professionals. New transmission options are available, along with a new steel frame for the 3500. Interiors have also been redesigned and upgraded with better materials and enhanced electronics.
The 2500 and 3500 come in Regular Cab, Crew Cab and Mega Cab, in single or dual-wheel configuration. The 2500 is available with a choice of 5.7-litre Hemi V8 with six-speed automatic, or 6.7-litre Cummins turbodiesel inline six-cylinder with six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission. The 3500 uses the diesel exclusively. Trim levels are the ST, SLT, Outdoorsman, Laramie and Laramie Longhorn. The Power Wagon package is available in ST, STL and Laramie trim.
Features on the ST include 17-inch steel wheels, air conditioning, grey bumpers and upper fascia, bright grille, side and curtain airbags, 40/20/40 heavy-duty vinyl bench seat, folding rear seat, black door handles, tilt steering wheel, automatic headlamps, CD/MP3 stereo, black vinyl floor covering, and trailer tow with four-pin wiring harness. The Quad Cab version includes rear under-seat storage, and power windows, locks and mirrors.
The SLT adds 17-inch alloy wheels, chrome grille, body-colour upper fascia, overhead console with trip computer, vehicle information centre with exterior temperature gauge and compass, keyless entry, colour-keyed instrument panel bezel, premium door trim with map pocket, and cloth and Stain Repel seat fabric. The Quad and Crew Cab models include B-pillar blackout tape and rear power sliding window.
The Outdoorsman adds lower two-tone Mineral Grey metallic, front and rear rubber floor mats, anti-spin rear differential, fog lamps, quad headlamps, body-colour grille, painted bumpers, tow hooks, extra-heavy-duty shock absorbers, 4.10 axle ratio and skid plates.
The Power Wagon is a 4×4 only and uses the 5.7-litre engine; it includes electric-locking front and rear differentials, 33-inch off-road tires, Bilstein gas-charged shocks, skid plates and 4.56 rear axle. Its features are similar to the ST, SLT or Laramie, depending on the trim level selected.
The Laramie builds on the SLT and adds dual-zone automatic climate control, heated leather seats with memory, bright grille, lower two-tone paint, fog lamps, interior woodgrain and bright accents, power-adjustable pedals, chrome mirrors, rearview camera, remote starter, MyGIG entertainment system, UConnect hands-free, surround sound with subwoofer, security alarm, and rear park assist.
The Laramie Longhorn adds premium low-bucket heated and ventilated leather seats, heated rear seats, premium door trim panel, full-length console, premium instrument cluster and interior accents, driver’s side memory, painted bumpers, lower two-tone White Gold metallic paint, Mopar door sill guards, accent-colour running boards, premium leather-wrapped steering wheel, spray-in factory bedliner, 3.73 rear axle ratio, and luxury floor mats.