NEW FOR 2008:
– New standard features on all models: sunroof, bi-Xenon headlamps, driver’s seat and mirrors memory, auto-dimming rear-view mirror with compass, auto-dimming and folding exterior mirrors, seatback map pockets, rear-seat occupant detection (seatbelt reminder chime)
– Discontinued items: 12-volt power outlet in trunk (sedan only); under-seat storage drawer; cargo net in trunk; first-aid kit; adaptive air suspension and adaptive cruise control discontinued on 3.2 sedan
– Garage door opener and adaptive headlights now optional on A6 4.2 and S6
– SIRIUS Satellite Radio standard on A6 4.2 and S6
– CD button in MMI is now CD/AUX button
– 17-inch six-spoke wheels with all-season tires becomes no-cost option; new 18- and19-inch wheel styles
– Milano premium leather upholstery replaces Volterra
– Optional lane departure warning system
– New option packages: S Line interior, Premium, Technology and Cold Weather
– Navigation system with DVD becomes stand-alone option and is no longer part of the Technology Package on A6
– Adaptive lights removed from Xenon-plus headlights option on 3.2 models
– Garage door opener and adaptive lights now part of Technology Package
– Available active cruise control
– Exterior colours: Cambridge Green Pearl Effect discontinued
For 2008, the Audi A6 and S6 models receive a considerable number of changes to their list of standard and optional features.
The A6 is available as the 3.2, with 3.2-litre V6 engine; as the 4.2, with 4.2-litre V8; and as the S6, with a 5.2-litre V10 engine that’s also used in the A8. All engines mate to a six-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode, and all use Quattro all-wheel drive. All come as a four-door sedan, but the 3.2 is also available as an Avant (wagon) model.
Features on the 3.2 include 16-inch alloy wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, heated power-folding auto-dimming mirrors with reverse tip-down, tire pressure monitoring system, power sunroof, self-levelling bi-Xenon headlamps, leather-wrapped multifunction wheel, cruise control, auto up/down on all windows, 12-way heated leather seats, 60/40 split-folding rear seat, auto-dimming rear-view mirror with compass, six-CD stereo with SIRIUS Satellite Radio and rain-sensing wipers.
The 3.2 Avant adds cargo cover and cargo partition net.
The 4.2 adds power tilt and telescopic wheel, premium full leather upholstery, and Bose surround sound stereo.
The S6 adds 19-inch alloy wheels, S6-specific sport-tuned suspension, bolstered sport seats with Silk Nappa leather, black cloth headliner, and ski sack.
Beautifully finished and stylish, the A6 is a well-done blend of luxury and performance. The 3.2-litre does a great job of moving it around, and the 4.2-litre is even better, but the fire-breathing V10-powered S6 gives you the A8’s power in a small and less expensive package. The Avant offers all of the sedan’s charms with the practicality of a cargo-hauling wagon.