Author Topic: Nissan Teases New Truck On Facebook, Instagram  (Read 3447 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Nissan Teases New Truck On Facebook, Instagram
« on: June 02, 2014, 01:40:56 pm »

New model likely to be next-generation Frontier

Read More...

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +103/-326
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
Re: Nissan Teases New Truck On Facebook, Instagram
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 02:40:11 pm »
About time Nissan!!!

Offline SaskSpecV

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +87/-149
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Subaru Forester Touring 6MT, 2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLsport 5MT, 2009 GMC Sierra 2500 6.0L
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 03:07:19 pm »
Rather than "teasing" a new truck on social media, you know what would be great?

If Nissan actually sold an updated truck on the market!!

The Titan debuted in 2004, and the Frontier in 2005 IIRC.  An entire decade without any major revisions?  FFS Nissan, just bring out the new product already!!

Online tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 03:35:55 pm »
I'm AMAZED that Nissan would consider selling a new Titan given the reputation of the previous.. er.. current model. 
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline SKYMTL

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +30/-77
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 BMW 440i, 2014 Mazda 3 GT Sport
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 03:55:09 pm »
Am I the only one who is sick and tired of diesels being referred to as "oil burners"?  This isn't the early 90s' anymore folks! 

It's high time to ditch the inaccurate stigma associated diesels, first and foremost by journalists.  The current crop is, due to a number of factors, as clean or cleaner than many comparable gasoline-based power plants.  Then we can finally drop the "clean diesel" marketing BS that's started lately. 

/end rant

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 04:58:29 pm »
new Frontier?
should be interesting.

with the new GM Twins, Honda Ridgeline and now this........
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Toyota..... do you see this????

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 05:11:26 pm »
new Frontier?
should be interesting.

What, the 2005 Tacoma theyve rebadged as a 2014 isnt doing it for ya??
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 09:42:42 pm »
Am I the only one who is sick and tired of diesels being referred to as "oil burners"?  This isn't the early 90s' anymore folks! 

It's high time to ditch the inaccurate stigma associated diesels, first and foremost by journalists.  The current crop is, due to a number of factors, as clean or cleaner than many comparable gasoline-based power plants.  Then we can finally drop the "clean diesel" marketing BS that's started lately. 

/end rant

I would like to see the back up for that  :popo:

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Honda Odyssey Touring; 1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo; 2009 Nissan Rogue S AWD (wife's); 2002 Mazda Protege ES-GT (retired)
Re: Re: Nissan Teases New Truck On Facebook, Instagram
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 11:47:37 pm »

/end rant

It's true.  Significantly lower nitrous oxides and carbon dioxide emissions.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
Re: Re: Nissan Teases New Truck On Facebook, Instagram
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2014, 08:07:37 am »

/end rant

:rofl2: Are you an industry expert?

Offline mixmanmash

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Nissan Teases New Truck On Facebook, Instagram
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2014, 09:41:14 am »

/end rant

http://www.transportenvironment.org/press/new-petrol-engines-cause-more-air-pollution-dirty-diesels

They have links to TÜV's report as well.

You can also go on fueleconomy.gov as well as NRCs website where the publish CO2 tailpipe emissions and the diesel engines numbers are lower than equivalent gas engines.

Here's another article with links to the source research.  http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/03/120302193928.htm
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:51:35 am by mixmanmash »

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2014, 09:53:17 am »
new Frontier?
should be interesting.

What, the 2005 Tacoma theyve rebadged as a 2014 isnt doing it for ya??

well i can certainly live with it but I'm annoyed at Toyota thinking they can sit back because there are no other options yet.  Let's get on with it already!!!!

Offline MarkStevenson

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +33/-123
  • Editor @ TTAC
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2004 Suzuki Vitara (snowplow), 2008 Saturn Astra, 2003 Buell XB9S Lightning, 2009 Yamaha R6, 1984 Honda Nighthawk CB450SC (stolen)
Re: Re: Re: Nissan Teases New Truck On Facebook, Instagram
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2014, 11:40:37 am »

/end rant

http://www.transportenvironment.org/press/new-petrol-engines-cause-more-air-pollution-dirty-diesels

They have links to TÜV's report as well.

You can also go on fueleconomy.gov as well as NRCs website where the publish CO2 tailpipe emissions and the diesel engines numbers are lower than equivalent gas engines.

Here's another article with links to the source research.  http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/03/120302193928.htm

Without looking at the links (so excuse my ignorance before hand), I think I read direct injection engines, while good for CO2, weren't the best when it came to particulates. And diesels, no matter how clean, still have issues with certain gases that have negative impacts on health.

Until we find truly clean, portable sources of energy, this is going to be a never ending debate.

Also, with regard to the 'oil burners' usage in the article, I will stand by it. I like putting a little bit of colour in the news. If you want bland, politically correct, and marketing department spun articles, I have some press releases you might be interested in.

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +25/-245
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2014, 05:59:46 pm »
Hummmm......A diesel Frontier could put a less than a year old Versa Note back on the lot. :lick: