Author Topic: Little things that make you happy  (Read 2252870 times)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Re: Little things that make you happy
« Reply #4640 on: July 22, 2016, 03:16:12 pm »
Having my mom's perogies for lunch ;D

What kind?

Sir O  :hello:
Potato and cheese, she only use old  cheddar cheese in hers
Fried with sour cream  ;D

Nice! I should "special order" the cabbage and beef ones, haven't had them a while  :D
She does those also but not my favourite, I have a problem with cabbage
Probably will not be having many more years, she is 86

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #4641 on: July 22, 2016, 03:45:13 pm »
Finding out that my new car's wheels have locking bolts and not having the key.  Why does this make me happy?  It's one week until my annual summer road trip to Arkansas with my son and the seller has found the key and is couriering it out to me.  Lot of time!  Much better than realizing you're missing it while at the side of the road with a flat tire!  The car has one of those tire goo kits and an inflater but I'd rather have this sorted out too.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: July 22, 2016, 04:14:26 pm »
Finding out that my new car's wheels have locking bolts and not having the key.  Why does this make me happy?  It's one week until my annual summer road trip to Arkansas with my son and the seller has found the key and is couriering it out to me.  Lot of time!  Much better than realizing you're missing it while at the side of the road with a flat tire!  The car has one of those tire goo kits and an inflater but I'd rather have this sorted out too.
I took the locks off the Prius wheels and should do it to the BMW wheels, as the locking bolts are getting hard to take off

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #4643 on: July 22, 2016, 07:05:55 pm »
So heres a good one!  I worked late today and just ordered Chinese food to take home.  I was waiting at the cash to place my  order when a lady walked in after me to pickup here order.  The cash lady walks over with the lady's huge order and asked whose next.  I told her what i wanted, but said if that's her order then I can wait while she pays for hers.  I then went to wash my hands and came back to pay and was told the lady took care of it as thanks for the differral!  That made me extremely happy!   8)

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #4644 on: July 22, 2016, 07:21:12 pm »
So heres a good one!  I worked late today and just ordered Chinese food to take home.  I was waiting at the cash to place my  order when a lady walked in after me to pickup here order.  The cash lady walks over with the lady's huge order and asked whose next.  I told her what i wanted, but said if that's her order then I can wait while she pays for hers.  I then went to wash my hands and came back to pay and was told the lady took care of it as thanks for the differral!  That made me extremely happy!   8)

Did you get her number? :-)

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #4645 on: July 22, 2016, 08:02:01 pm »
Tomorrow morning I drive out to Nordegg to pick up the kid.  She's spent the last two weeks as a guide's assistant working on climbing and kayaking camps.  Before that she was in the Bugaboos.  I've seen her for one day in the last three weeks.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #4646 on: July 22, 2016, 08:13:59 pm »
Tomorrow morning I drive out to Nordegg to pick up the kid.  She's spent the last two weeks as a guide's assistant working on climbing and kayaking camps.  Before that she was in the Bugaboos.  I've seen her for one day in the last three weeks.

absence makes the heart grow fonder! Still another 8 months till I see my Mom!

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #4647 on: July 23, 2016, 07:40:14 am »

Did you get her number? :-)

No,32 with extra Plum Sauce..............................
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #4648 on: July 24, 2016, 09:58:47 pm »
For years, I've bemoaned the lack of a classical music radio channel in my area (small town problems, I know). Then it dawned on me...."Wait, I already have a mobile app for all the radio stations Nederlands......there has to be a classical station."

Sure enough, there is one on the App. So I#ve been motoring this weekend along listening to the sounds of Bach, Grieg, and Ravel thru the surround-sound Logic7 speakers of the 3er the last couple days. "de meeste klassieke muziek Nederlands" . Problem solved.  :)

(Being fluent in both English and German, I find nederlands (Dutch language) hilarious to listen to, even if to me it is 70% mutually intelligible.)  :rofl2:  "De actuele verkeersinformatie......"  :rofl:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 10:01:09 pm by mlin32 »
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #4649 on: July 24, 2016, 10:09:08 pm »
For years, I've bemoaned the lack of a classical music radio channel in my area (small town problems, I know). Then it dawned on me...."Wait, I already have a mobile app for all the radio stations Nederlands......there has to be a classical station."

Sure enough, there is one on the App. So I#ve been motoring this weekend along listening to the sounds of Bach, Grieg, and Ravel thru the surround-sound Logic7 speakers of the 3er the last couple days. "de meeste klassieke muziek Nederlands" . Problem solved.  :)

(Being fluent in both English and German, I find nederlands (Dutch language) hilarious to listen to, even if to me it is 70% mutually intelligible.)  :rofl2:  "De actuele verkeersinformatie......"  :rofl:
When you said classical music I immediately thought of Pink Floyd, The Band and Black Sabbath lol

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
« Reply #4650 on: July 25, 2016, 10:17:05 am »
That's good of him!
"This is no Playstation, this.  There is no reset button if you get it wrong.  You just go through the pearly gates...on fire!"   -Jeremy Clarkson

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +231/-1072
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #4651 on: July 26, 2016, 10:14:33 pm »
New Headlight assemblies I ordered to replace the old yellow and cracked ones on the Escalade came in. Can't wait to get these in on the weekend.

The truck already has factory HID headlights, and I've ordered some LED replacements for the DRLs too.

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #4652 on: July 27, 2016, 01:12:22 pm »
So looks like my oldest son is now old / big enough to ride shotgun...

Suddenly the world of 2 door coupes is opening up for me!
I love it when a plan comes together.

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: July 27, 2016, 02:47:43 pm »
My replacement motorcycle boots came in the post today :)  . Had to file a warranty claim on them- the shifter pad where the toe was indenting into the toe area, the whole process went smoothly as planned.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #4654 on: July 27, 2016, 02:56:00 pm »
My replacement motorcycle boots came in the post today :)  . Had to file a warranty claim on them- the shifter pad where the toe was indenting into the toe area, the whole process went smoothly as planned.

Useless info unless you tell us the manufacturer/retailer.  :)

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: July 27, 2016, 03:17:23 pm »

Had a set of the Alpinestars SMX-6 boots, wore them mostly just on weekends since April. But the shifter is a bit stiff on the R3 and I change gear quite a lot (car logic.....I try and avoid but it happens). Bought it online off Revzilla, which is who I use for, well, practically everything. But I knew it was a defect/warranty and something I'd have to contact AStars directly for so that's what I did.

I rarely do warranty claims though; Astars has been making some good product since I bought their stuff for MTB 8 years  ago so prob just a one-off.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #4656 on: July 27, 2016, 04:39:16 pm »

Had a set of the Alpinestars SMX-6 boots, wore them mostly just on weekends since April. But the shifter is a bit stiff on the R3 and I change gear quite a lot (car logic.....I try and avoid but it happens). Bought it online off Revzilla, which is who I use for, well, practically everything. But I knew it was a defect/warranty and something I'd have to contact AStars directly for so that's what I did.

I rarely do warranty claims though; Astars has been making some good product since I bought their stuff for MTB 8 years  ago so prob just a one-off.

OK good to know.  Revzilla is great for returns, their customer service is excellent.

I have some old SMX-1's which I don't use anymore, and some SMX-3's which I now use for everything.

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: July 27, 2016, 05:11:50 pm »

OK good to know.  Revzilla is great for returns, their customer service is excellent.

I have some old SMX-1's which I don't use anymore, and some SMX-3's which I now use for everything.

I love Revzilla.  I buy most of my stuff from them unless I see a good deal at https://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: July 31, 2016, 03:29:22 pm »
Was reminiscing thru my vidéos again, decided to do edit a clip of some karting I did in June when I went to visit my friend in Seattle.

What do I do on my vacation? More motorsport-related activities of course...... :drv2:

https://youtu.be/hortrFiXABM

Takes place @The Ridge Motorsport Park; you can see the road course off to the right. They were having an open track day, so the sound of say, an Audi R8 V10, a bunch of Porsches/BMW Ms, a Ferrari, and more was music to my ears..... :fall:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 03:33:54 pm by mlin32 »

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: August 01, 2016, 11:01:19 am »
Not sure where to post this , pick up beer at Costco in Gatineau , for around a dollar per beer , about 1/2 of Ontario price
The roads are crap in Gatineau