Author Topic: Little things that make you happy  (Read 2270095 times)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
Re: Little things that make you happy
« Reply #4600 on: July 16, 2016, 03:48:38 pm »
stupid question.....................................you have an Oil Tanker follow you... :light: :banghead: ..and Airbalancer as your Deck Boy..cruise director cum chef!!! :shuffle:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #4601 on: July 16, 2016, 03:55:51 pm »
If you set off from NB or NS heading for,say, Portugal at your best economical speed in good weather, how many refuelling ships do you have to find in the Atlantic to do the trip.

:rofl:

Beautiful!  Whatcha gonna call her?

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #4602 on: July 16, 2016, 05:36:45 pm »
If you set off from NB or NS heading for,say, Portugal at your best economical speed in good weather, how many refuelling ships do you have to find in the Atlantic to do the trip.

Six fuel stops but it would be an awfully slow trip at 4.1 knots......and a long one...about 590 hours!  ;D

:rofl:

Beautiful!  Whatcha gonna call her?

The renaming discussion rages on.....normally I don't change the name on a boat but my wife and daughters are in agreement that Mass-Conn Fusion ( ::)) has to go.
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #4603 on: July 16, 2016, 08:40:16 pm »
Hmmmm 590 hours.   Do you have enough potable water tankage for a trip that long.     Years ago (1983)  I guy I worked with had a boat...IIRC about 36ft or 40ft waterline length sails and a small  Volvo diesel or something like that inboard.    He was just about to retire and his and his wife's plans was to:

Cross lake Ontario.  Put the mast(s) down.  Motor slowly down through the canal to NYC.  Load up, mast up and then sail to Cadiz, through the straits of Gib and then around the med.        His worry was that he did not have enough potable water tankage to cross the Atlantic...I forget how long he thought it was going to take but it was some considerable number of days.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #4604 on: July 16, 2016, 09:33:30 pm »
As posted on my FB yesterday:

"Living in the NOW also means ignoring what else is going on in the world. I used to be a news junkie. My browser had 'favourites' for all the news sites around the world: BBC, CNN, NYT, etc. I would click through them, every day, several times a day. I deleted all of them a week ago, because reading up on current events in the past year only ever resulted in imposing a negative vibe on my day. I know there are many unfortunate things happening in the world every day; however, I can neither prevent nor control them. In light of that, I'd rather not know about them. My days have been better ever since."

Even the minor stories were getting to me, and I needed to let go of those as well.  Too much negativity in the world right now.  Just silly.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #4605 on: July 16, 2016, 09:47:18 pm »
That looks like a Sea Ray. I/O or inboard?

Either way, 7.4L V8's?

You have a good eye tortoise. She's a Sea Ray 330 Sundancer....7.4l Merc inboards with V drives

My bil has the 310  Sundancer and it's amazing how much bigger yours looks in comparison.  They look absolutely massive on a trailer!

Maybe if you, Shane and I plan a  get together for lunch it should be onboard the boat. She should be here and commissioned by the end of the month.

That sounds perfect Graeme, you can definitely count me in!   :thumbup: :thumbup:
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #4606 on: July 17, 2016, 07:33:34 am »

Either way, 7.4L V8's?

You have a good eye tortoise. She's a Sea Ray 330 Sundancer....7.4l Merc inboards with V drives

My bil has the 310  Sundancer and it's amazing how much bigger yours looks in comparison.  They look absolutely massive on a trailer!

Maybe if you, Shane and I plan a  get together for lunch it should be onboard the boat. She should be here and commissioned by the end of the month.

That sounds perfect Graeme, you can definitely count me in!   :thumbup: :thumbup:

Sounds great indeed!  Count me in!   :banana:

It's funny that my wife and I have been seriously mulling over buying another boat for the last year.  Boating is the thing I miss the most about the cottage.  I sure don't miss looking after two big properties! The only thing I'm not sure of is having to trailer it to the launch every time we go out. It was so convenient having a dock at the cottage, so the frustration of the launch might ruin it for me.   

Graeme, maybe you should start a boat naming thread.  ;D. Also, a new Autos handle may be in order; Cruiser723 perhaps?  :D

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #4607 on: July 17, 2016, 07:37:32 am »

Either way, 7.4L V8's?

It's funny that my wife and I have been seriously mulling over buying another boat for the last year.  Boating is the thing I miss the most about the cottage.  I sure don't miss looking after two big properties! The only thing I'm not sure of is having to trailer it to the launch every time we go out. It was so convenient having a dock at the cottage, so the frustration of the launch might ruin it for me.   

Graeme, maybe you should start a boat naming thread.  ;D. Also, a new Autos handle may be in order; Cruiser723 perhaps?  :D
Here a link , that you can start your search for a new runabout http://www.moranyachts.com/yachts-for-sale/listings

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: July 17, 2016, 07:46:31 am »

Either way, 7.4L V8's?

Here a link , that you can start your search for a new runabout http://www.moranyachts.com/yachts-for-sale/listings

;D

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: July 17, 2016, 08:38:30 am »

Either way, 7.4L V8's?

Why not join one of the local Yacht Clubs and get a berth. A little extra cost but way more convenient than launching and retrieving it every time. 

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #4610 on: July 17, 2016, 10:03:29 am »
Yesterday brought a friend out to the kart track for some afternoon runs. Drove my fastest lap top since I started there, a 63,6 sec in the new karts the track just got a few weeks ago. Also a 1st place finish in a heat (I have lots and lots of 2nd place finishes under my belt).

https://youtu.be/t1Q_ot6NDsE

Still preferred the way the old Sodi karts drove. The new Praga ones are more beginner-friendly but there's more understeer and softer brakes somehow baked in ("safer" for the uninitiated I suppose), and the handling at the absolute limits isn't what I'd like it to be.
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #4611 on: July 17, 2016, 03:33:22 pm »

Either way, 7.4L V8's?

Why not join one of the local Yacht Clubs and get a berth. A little extra cost but way more convenient than launching and retrieving it every time.

Another perk to that idea is that starting this week, HRB will be on tap at RKYC.   ;D

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: July 17, 2016, 07:48:10 pm »

Either way, 7.4L V8's?

That's likely what we'll end up doing.  A few of our friends have joined clubs within the last couple of years for that reason. 

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #4613 on: July 17, 2016, 09:56:26 pm »
Gotta new contract offer Friday, took the weekend to think about it.... handing in my resignation tomorrow & taking the new gig, money's too good to pass up   ;D
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #4614 on: July 17, 2016, 10:41:47 pm »
Gotta new contract offer Friday, took the weekend to think about it.... handing in my resignation tomorrow & taking the new gig, money's too good to pass up   ;D

:fiver:

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: July 18, 2016, 05:55:04 am »

Either way, 7.4L V8's?

Another perk to that idea is that starting this week, HRB will be on tap at RKYC.   ;D

That's cool Shane. I didn't even know we had the capability for draught beer at the bar. Which of your brews will be on offer?

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #4616 on: July 18, 2016, 06:29:37 am »
:thumbup:

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +267/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #4617 on: July 18, 2016, 09:21:43 am »
New internet tomorrow.  I'll be upgrading from my MTS Lightning 25 ($67+tax, 25Mb/s down, 2Mb/s up) to Shaw's new Wide Open 150 internet.  150Mb/s down, 15mB/s up, and a 5GHz Wireless A/C router.  $49.99 for the first year, $79.99 for the 2nd year. 

It may not seem like a big deal for some of you guys, but it is for me.  I'm a big online gamer, and lag KILLS me.  Having 5 people in my house (including my basement MIL tenant) who all like to download/stream/torrent, I often deal with a LOT of lag.  Having SIX TIMES my current bandwidth will effectively eliminate the latency problems I've been having with my current internet.  And it's cheaper for the first year, to boot! 

I'm friggen chuffed to bits right now.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #4618 on: July 20, 2016, 09:08:41 am »
Prolly ArticSteve getting home after an all day BENDER... ???

another point Boat Nomenclature    SS  GRAEME MC GRAEME CRACKERS
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 09:11:28 am by safristi »

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: July 20, 2016, 12:43:10 pm »
Something that makes me happy is that yesterday, a young woman (obviously with some mental problems) waving a replica gun around at Portage and Main in Winnipeg was rescued (from herself) by the SWAT team without her being shot. 
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.