Author Topic: 2015 Volvo XC90 - Priced, Packaged, With 1,927 Units Waiting To Be Delivered  (Read 4016 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile

First Edition model to start at $81,500

Read More...

Offline hemusbull

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +15/-153
    • View Profile
Looks to me better than Land Rover even considering the starting price!

Northernridge

You have to say no to a lot of other choices to end up saying yes to an $81,000 Volvo CUV...it better be good.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
1) I hate hanging dials on the dashboard (that holds true of Mercedes and Chryfi, as well)
2) I'm assuming many women will be unhappy that by placing a heavy purse on the centre area behind the shifter, they may inadvertently shut off the engine

Other than that, it sounds very convincing (if not for the price) to have such tech as a twin-charged (NOT twin-engine  :banghead:) and hybridized 400hp engine and a claim that no person should die or be seriously injured if the vehicle is smashed up.

Thankfully, before Volvo has time to ruin my career, I will already be retired as it'll take a long, long time before everyone owns a Volvo  :rofl2:.

Offline roundupready

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +6/-12
    • View Profile
I hope Volvo can turn around. I'd hate to see another Nordic car company go down.
---------------------------
2013 328 xDrive
2010 Legacy 3.6R LTD
2005 Legacy GT 5EAT Stage 2

Offline JRM

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +22/-94
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 VW Passat TSI, 2004 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Very stylish inside and out and that it looks more wagon (read: no cladding) than SUV is a big bonus!  Now, as to the price.....

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
Very generic styling (re: X5, Q7), with only the taillights giving it a true Volvo touch.
Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Online OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
Very stylish inside and out and that it looks more wagon (read: no cladding) than SUV is a big bonus!  Now, as to the price.....

Cladding is available:

Online OliverD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
Very generic styling (re: X5, Q7), with only the taillights giving it a true Volvo touch.

Did you not see the grill?  :P

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
You have to say no to a lot of other choices to end up saying yes to an $81,000 Volvo CUV...it better be good.

Agreed.

Online OliverD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
$80k+ is obviously top of the line. Most of its competitors (Q7, X5, GL) can be optioned well over $90k.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
so.... what's so special about the launch edition?

i just skimmed the article and it says it's available from $61k so "limited special" launch edition has 20k worth of options?  or less?  or more?

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
I hope Volvo can turn around. I'd hate to see another Nordic car company go down.

In a sense that happened. The Chinese purchased Volvo cars from possible closure. The good is that engineering & assembly are still in Sweden for the Western markets.
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline JRM

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +22/-94
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 VW Passat TSI, 2004 Pontiac Vibe AWD

Cladding is available:

At least it's optional.  I'll give them that

Offline dpoon

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 VW Golf Sportwagen
Same complaint I have with Land Rover.  We need them offered with diesel engines in Canada because heavy cars with poor petrol fuel economy is not ideal.

Northernridge

I was kind of hoping that Volvo would pursue a market position that is a more upscale and sophisticated version of Subaru. Very utility, functional and lifestyle oriented safety focused, supremely practical with just the right amount of quirky style and driver feel. Sort of a Subie-style alternative to Acura and Infiniti. I know I'm thinking about the good old days and living in the past but I'm having a hard time being interested in Volvo's new direction...too many others already occupy the space.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
I was kind of hoping that Volvo would pursue a market position that is a more upscale and sophisticated version of Subaru. Very utility, functional and lifestyle oriented safety focused, supremely practical with just the right amount of quirky style and driver feel. Sort of a Subie-style alternative to Acura and Infiniti. I know I'm thinking about the good old days and living in the past but I'm having a hard time being interested in Volvo's new direction...too many others already occupy the space.
+1

Offline Trainman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +24/-28
  • Tree Whisperer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Subaru Forester XT; 2017 Infiniti QX50; 2012 Toyota RAV4 Base AWD, the daughters car

I like this thought, I too sort of think as Volvo (the old Volvo anyway) in a similar vein to Subaru.  But now, I guess so they can survive, they have gone rather mainstream.
2016 Subaru Forester XT

Online OliverD

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile

I think you are describing the old Volvo perfectly. The I find the Volvo-Subaru comparisons interesting because my local dealer is actually a Volvo-Subaru store. It's a neat combo because there isn't a ton of overlap in their product lines.