Author Topic: our experience EV shopping  (Read 8347 times)

Offline Agiledood

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +32/-11
    • View Profile
    • Visit my site
Re: our experience EV shopping
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2017, 10:12:29 am »
Port Hope Hyundai is now selling the Ioniq EV demo we asked about over a month ago. Dude's called twice and emailed twice since last week "we have a long list of people who want this car so call with a deposit before it's gone!"

It's listed for 39K, but I'm guessing since it's a demo it's not going to qualify for the 14K incentive. I think it only applies to the first registered owner, not demos or used EVs.

If the dealer already pocketed the incentive he should pass it on to you. You should ask what is the status of the incentive.

We're not in the market anymore since we bought the C-Max, just thought the "we have a long line of people..." comment, then he proceeds to email and call 4 times (2 each).
2019 Mazda 3 GS-L, 2013 Ram 1500 and an EV that cost 5 times what my Mazda3 costs but is louder with a crappier interior.

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +313/-518
    • View Profile
Re: our experience EV shopping
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2017, 02:40:40 pm »
Port Hope Hyundai is now selling the Ioniq EV demo we asked about over a month ago...It's listed for 39K, but I'm guessing since it's a demo it's not going to qualify for the 14K incentive. I think it only applies to the first registered owner, not demos or used EVs.

Not necessarily, see FAQ:
http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/vehicles/electric/electric-vehicle-faq.shtml

Extended mileage demos with mileage between 2,000 and 15,000 km. These vehicles must be pre-registered by the dealership with the Ministry of Finance when the mileage was less than 2,000 by completing and submitting the Extended Mileage Demonstrator Vehicle Application.