Author Topic: The "what's in my driveway this week?" Show 'n Shine  (Read 43139 times)

Offline Arthur Dent

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +186/-80
  • 42?
    • View Profile
Re: The "what's in my driveway this week?" Show 'n Shine
« Reply #240 on: September 05, 2017, 05:26:10 pm »
I love that colour. A hue or two darker would be perfect but very nice. Good to see some actual colour for bigger cars.

Offline Patrick_D1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +100/-103
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 GTI, 2024 Tiguan R-Line Black
« Reply #241 on: September 10, 2017, 07:35:53 pm »
As some may have noticed based on some photos I take, I'm a fan of little details. Lights are always a good place to look. Here is the tail lamp on my Elantra GT, which has lots of cool little graphics embedded.

There's also the puddle lamps on the G80, which project the Genesis logo. Yes, I know these are becoming commonplace, but we were among the first automakers to do this back in 2014.

On an unrelated topic, this car didn't find its way into my driveway, but rather the driveway of a colleague who lives around the corner from me. A while back she overheard some Miata talk in the office (happens surprisingly often...) and mentioned her dad had one, but she wasn't sure exactly which one. I actually joked "watch it be a Mazdaspeed." Then she mentioned it was orange and we all shut up, knowing it must be. Today her dad was in the area and she let me know, so I stopped by to see it.

After chatting for a bit, he asked which ones I had driven. I replied that I'd driven pretty much all of them (1.6 and 1.8 NA, NB, NC, ND) except the Mazdaspeed. He grinned and handed me the key. WHAT A CAR. All the fun of the NB, which is my personal favourite generation, with a bit more power. Best of all, it's old-school turbo power - big lag followed by big rush. Such a cool car, and this 42,000 mile example (U.S. car) was incredible.

Needless to say, I owe my colleague one.

Manual gearbox evangelist. Die-hard automotive and motorsport enthusiast. Often found covered in mud.

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +39/-88
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Forester Touring; 2009 Civic EX-L
« Reply #242 on: September 10, 2017, 10:15:35 pm »
As some may have noticed based on some photos I take, I'm a fan of little details. Lights are always a good place to look. Here is the tail lamp on my Elantra GT, which has lots of cool little graphics embedded.

There's also the puddle lamps on the G80, which project the Genesis logo. Yes, I know these are becoming commonplace, but we were among the first automakers to do this back in 2014.

On an unrelated topic, this car didn't find its way into my driveway, but rather the driveway of a colleague who lives around the corner from me. A while back she overheard some Miata talk in the office (happens surprisingly often...) and mentioned her dad had one, but she wasn't sure exactly which one. I actually joked "watch it be a Mazdaspeed." Then she mentioned it was orange and we all shut up, knowing it must be. Today her dad was in the area and she let me know, so I stopped by to see it.

After chatting for a bit, he asked which ones I had driven. I replied that I'd driven pretty much all of them (1.6 and 1.8 NA, NB, NC, ND) except the Mazdaspeed. He grinned and handed me the key. WHAT A CAR. All the fun of the NB, which is my personal favourite generation, with a bit more power. Best of all, it's old-school turbo power - big lag followed by big rush. Such a cool car, and this 42,000 mile example (U.S. car) was incredible.

Needless to say, I owe my colleague one.

Awesome. Now you can say you have driven EVERY one of them!

Offline Patrick_D1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +100/-103
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 GTI, 2024 Tiguan R-Line Black
« Reply #243 on: October 30, 2017, 08:27:58 am »
Been a while since my last update what with the newborn and all, but the last few weeks I've been getting back into the automotive swing of things. Last week I took a brief (48 hours on the ground!) trip to Korea to drive some final-stage prototypes of this little rocket:

Can't share any further details for now, aside from saying that I think it's going to leave drivers impressed. My 6 prototypes load onto a ship this week and will arrive later this year. Also spent the weekend in this, the Volvo S90 T6 Inscription:

I'll admit that I neglected to take more photos, but the interior in this was truly a work of art. One of the best audio systems I've ever heard, as well. The twin-charged I4 has surprisingly decent performance, but I'll admit the suspension left me wanting more.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7199
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 30, 2017, 08:38:48 am »

I'll admit that I neglected to take more photos, but the interior in this was truly a work of art. One of the best audio systems I've ever heard, as well. The twin-charged I4 has surprisingly decent performance, but I'll admit the suspension left me wanting more.

I could live with the suspension...but the I4 not so much.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline dougjp

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +165/-170
  • Cars: 2019 VW Jetta GLI, 2014 Elantra GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 30, 2017, 08:59:53 am »
 :drive2:  :drool:

A thought......when do you get time to sleep?