Author Topic: Kia's Stinger Sports sedan  (Read 143885 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7199
    • View Profile
Re: Kia's Stinger Sports sedan
« Reply #400 on: November 30, 2017, 10:45:29 pm »
But let's be realistic here...it sure ain't no Giulia QV!  :rofl2:

Yea, the Kia doesn't break down!

fake news! I have read one instance of an actual breakdown that was widely reported. Other "eccentricities" have been cited in other reviews, but no breakdowns. Look, it is far from a solidly reliable car, but it is not as bad as you make it out to be  :)

Personally, would rather an interesting unreliable car than a reliable boring one.

I don't think the Kia is boring....
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
« Reply #401 on: December 01, 2017, 10:18:53 am »
If you lease it, it's up to 15% cheaper than MSRP, as posted previously

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +706/-12358
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #402 on: December 01, 2017, 10:28:14 am »
People are obviously entitled to their opinions on pricing and everything else for that matter.  But really, this twin turbo beast of a GT shouldn't be priced any higher than a loaded Camry?  ???  I don't get that at all.
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline alljay

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +3/-11
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Infiniti Q50; RIP 2007 Mazdaspeed6
« Reply #403 on: December 01, 2017, 10:30:08 am »

I understood that to be in the US only.  Apologies if this includes Canada....does it?

Kia Canada's website doesn't seem to offer a lease option in the Build and Price section (at least not one that I can find).

Offline alljay

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 01, 2017, 10:32:34 am »
People are obviously entitled to their opinions on pricing and everything else for that matter.  But really, this twin turbo beast of a GT shouldn't be priced any higher than a loaded Camry?  ???  I don't get that at all.

I'm with you.  I understand that people might not want to pay that much, but to say that the price should be lower doesn't reflect what this car is (or at least seems to be). Kia would sell more by lowering the price by $10k, but I'm not sure it would be profitable and it isn't meant to be a volume car. This is not meant to be an Accord or a Camry.

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
« Reply #405 on: December 01, 2017, 11:31:13 am »

I understood that to be in the US only.  Apologies if this includes Canada....does it?
unknown at present, but possibly.  :)

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 01, 2017, 06:15:01 pm »

A loaded Camry is $51K?  Holy crap.  I had no idea.

When you put it that way then it looks like a deal.  And I guess I wasn't saying that it wasn't a deal, exactly.

Think about this:

Would you rather pay $40k for a VW Golf AllTrack, 170hp or $45k for a Stinger, 335hp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +39/-88
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Forester Touring; 2009 Civic EX-L
« Reply #407 on: December 02, 2017, 01:01:02 am »

To be fair, MSRP for Camry V6  XLE is $40,690. Top-end Stinger is $49,995.  I'd go for the Stinger if they're willing to deal.

Offline conwelpic

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +85/-815
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Mazda CX-30 GS FWD - Snowflake white
« Reply #408 on: December 02, 2017, 09:49:55 am »
The Stinger was named as one of three finalists for the 2018 North American Car of the Year.

Offline conwelpic

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +85/-815
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Mazda CX-30 GS FWD - Snowflake white
« Reply #409 on: December 02, 2017, 11:38:42 am »
The Stinger has been named among seven shortlisted cars for the 2018 European Car of the Year award.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #410 on: December 02, 2017, 01:58:52 pm »
Stinger GT with the twin turbo V6 is 44k. If it "should" be priced 10 per cent less, that's 40k. Which is what a loaded Camry costs.

So no, I don't get that.  But yeah, if people think it should be priced no more than a Camry - sure - they are entitled to their opinion.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 02, 2017, 01:59:25 pm »

I'm with you.  I understand that people might not want to pay that much, but to say that the price should be lower doesn't reflect what this car is (or at least seems to be). Kia would sell more by lowering the price by $10k, but I'm not sure it would be profitable and it isn't meant to be a volume car. This is not meant to be an Accord or a Camry.

Spot on my man.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 02, 2017, 03:00:15 pm »

A loaded Camry is $51K?  Holy crap.  I had no idea.

When you put it that way then it looks like a deal.  And I guess I wasn't saying that it wasn't a deal, exactly.

Think about this:

Would you rather pay $40k for a VW Golf AllTrack, 170hp or $45k for a Stinger, 335hp?

I know where I'd rather spend my money. Kinda hard to look at the automotive market and the Stinger objectively and say it is way overpriced. But people have, and will.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 04:09:41 pm by Jaeger »

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 02, 2017, 05:45:20 pm »
I feel like it's overpriced by 5-10k.  When comparing it to a Fusion Sport($43.2k) .

hmmm you know the Stinger GT is $44,195.00 correct? LOL

and the Ford Fusion can't hold its own when compared to this....

Offline dougjp

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +165/-170
  • Cars: 2019 VW Jetta GLI, 2014 Elantra GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 02, 2017, 06:10:10 pm »
I'm not going to get into whether its right or wrong to compare a base Stinger with a loaded whatever, because it takes too much time to really see if the base Stinger already has comparable features. And I haven't bothered to compare features of a loaded Stinger with a Ford Fusion Sport (which only comes one way, loaded), leave that to a journalist.....

However I'm thinking just on the surface of it that the two are the most comparable cars out there at present, so I suggest a comparo test! Now the Fusion Sport has IMO a most pedestrian looking interior like a mid range family car, but the exterior design is very nice indeed. I saw my first one yesterday in black with the dark wheels, freshly polished. Looked sinister....OK its larger, about 4" longer. I don't think it will hold value much better than a Stinger. Its had problems too, I'm on some of their forums as I was seriously looking at it for a while. The dead battery problem put me off.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 02, 2017, 06:26:36 pm »
I feel like it's overpriced by 5-10k.  When comparing it to a Fusion Sport($43.2k) .

The loaded version compared to loaded version is an almost $8K difference.  I think Ford sucks so the Fusion would never be on my radar but compare apples to apples.

You too Jaeger.

The top of line GT offers a lot more equipment than the Fusion Sport...you lose a couple features when you compare the Sport to the GT base, but you gain a bigger engine with lots more power....Kia would have to offer a mid-level trim to make the comparison fair.

So you are wrong here...the GT base can be compared a Fusion Sport.

And sure you do, you are a VW snob! We all know that around here...you’d definitely buy the AllTrack over a GT and try to convince the world is the best vehicle out there.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 02, 2017, 06:53:01 pm »

The loaded version compared to loaded version is an almost $8K difference.  I think Ford sucks so the Fusion would never be on my radar but compare apples to apples.

You too Jaeger.

The top of line GT offers a lot more equipment than the Fusion Sport...you lose a couple features when you compare the Sport to the GT base, but you gain a bigger engine with lots more power....Kia would have to offer a mid-level trim to make the comparison fair.

And sure you do, you are a VW snob! We all know that around here...you’d definitely buy the AllTrack over a GT and try to convince the world is the best vehicle out there.

Agreed.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 02, 2017, 08:31:26 pm »

You too Jaeger.

VW snob?  LMAO.  I am in the midst of a buyback you 'tard.

Any chance I can buy those 5.0 badges off you?  Want to throw them on the Pilot.

here you can buy yours: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Ford-Mustang-Cars-Side-Badge-Fender-Emblems-3D-Logo-5-0-Decal-For-2011-2014/132326872119?hash=item1ecf4bd437:m:mpOLOPfNlnlrr54_P3YnbIg&vxp=mtr

Offline JacobBlack

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +440/-499
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Ford F-150
« Reply #418 on: December 02, 2017, 11:05:51 pm »
Any chance we can run this robust conversation without running down people with issues they can't help?
I'm down for the cut and thrust, but I baulk at the use of derogatory terms that slur people with different needs.

TL:DR - please don't say "retard" - it's offensive to me, and cruel to people who have a rough enough life as it is.

Offline alljay

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 03, 2017, 12:13:59 am »
Somebody wanted to compare the Toyota Camry XSE V6 vs the Kia Stinger GT

Base Price -- 
Camry: $39,690
Stinger: $44,196

Engine --
Camry:  6 cyl normally aspirated; 301 hp @ 6600 / 267 lb - ft @ 4700
Stinger:  6 cyl, twin turbo; 365 hp @ 6000 / 376 lb - ft @ 1300

Drive wheels --
Camry:  Front wheel drive
Stinger: AWD

Key Equipment differences (that I could find)--
Camry:
- No hatchback
- No heated steering wheel
- No android audio or apple car play
- No auto dimming or heated side mirrors

Stinger:
- No autonomous pre-collision braking
- No smart cruise control
- No lane departure assist
- only 7" entertainment display
- No auto dimming rear view mirror
- No head-up display
- No 360 degree camera

There may be other differences, but to me, it comes down to more safety features for the Camry vs. AWD and a more powerful engine.  I don't think that it is fair to imply that the Kia Stinger GT is, in any way, a base vehicle for the price.  It is very well equipped.  The Camry is definitely very well equipped.

The $4500 price difference comes down to a personal preference -- safety features vs performance and AWD (and hatch).  If I were looking for a car, I'd certainly cross shop the two cars. 

On paper, I'm much more interested in the Stinger. I think the exterior looks better (even with the hood scoops and side vents), the interior looks better.  I love what I've read about the performance and it just seems a more upscale car.  And, I love that it is AWD with a rear wheel bias. 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 10:22:38 am by alljay »