Author Topic: Little Things That Irritate Me  (Read 1056377 times)

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
Re: Little Things That Irritate Me
« Reply #1860 on: November 10, 2017, 08:08:23 pm »
Grrrrrr...why does the dog have to drink every time my wife goes in the kitchen?  And then not just a little bit.  Fuhking 45 seconds of gawdamn slurp slurp slurping....
She walks out, he comes with her.  She goes back in...and right back to the water pail again.  Do you not drink on your own!!? When we're not home?
Fack...there he goes again!!
 >:( :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

That's not normal.  Maybe there's something wrong with him.   :-\  My dogs rarely drank more than a couple of times a day unless it was really warm out.

Yeah, 2 pages back you were complaining about him peeing on the floor.  Did you take him to a vet yet?

Yeah, what's the vet say?
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #1861 on: November 10, 2017, 08:22:22 pm »
Grrrrrr...why does the dog have to drink every time my wife goes in the kitchen?  And then not just a little bit.  Fuhking 45 seconds of gawdamn slurp slurp slurping....
She walks out, he comes with her.  She goes back in...and right back to the water pail again.  Do you not drink on your own!!? When we're not home?

That's not normal.  Maybe there's something wrong with him.   :-\  My dogs rarely drank more than a couple of times a day unless it was really warm out.

Yeah, 2 pages back you were complaining about him peeing on the floor.  Did you take him to a vet yet?

If you haven't taken the dog to the vet, or made an appointment, I'm going to drive to Emerson and kick your ass.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: November 10, 2017, 09:52:05 pm »
 :rofl2:
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7199
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: November 11, 2017, 07:28:14 am »
Diabetic....

Dog overweight a bit too?
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7199
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: November 13, 2017, 10:46:32 pm »

By the lack of response, I'm guessing not vet visit yet.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: November 14, 2017, 08:23:03 am »
Yeah...no vet yet.  He hasn't peed in the house since.  Not overweight (anymore).  Used to be but cut his food way back over a year ago.  Was looking at old pictures...never occurred to me/us.  Spring check ups they never mentioned anything.  He probably doesn't drink all day...'cept when my wife goes into the kitchen.  Then it's game on.  It's just the sound that annoys me...low sleep brings out higher irritation levels.

Wink...I look forward to our first meet and beat.  ;D (non-Scaerio version  :P  :rofl: meat and beat  :-X)

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #1866 on: November 15, 2017, 12:30:45 am »
Yeah...no vet yet.  He hasn't peed in the house since.  Not overweight (anymore).  Used to be but cut his food way back over a year ago.  Was looking at old pictures...never occurred to me/us.  Spring check ups they never mentioned anything.  He probably doesn't drink all day...'cept when my wife goes into the kitchen.  Then it's game on.  It's just the sound that annoys me...low sleep brings out higher irritation levels.

Wink...I look forward to our first meet and beat.  ;D (non-Scaerio version  :P  :rofl: meat and beat  :-X)

:o   :rofl:
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #1867 on: November 20, 2017, 10:59:17 pm »
The little details on my mother's Audi A3 (which I don't love):

Why isn't there a retracting cover for the cupholder ? The open gap in front of the shifter looks cheap, and even its "cheap" brother the VW Golf has one. Also the deletion of the 12V outlet beneath the rear vents......I knew they'd cheapened out something with that big blank plastic piece. Also, is there a way to change track/songs just from the steering wheel? Cuz the < > button just goes between menus........ Also, why have navigation buttons installed on a non-equipped vehicle ? It's just taunting me.

Oh, and the shrill warning chimes everytime you start the car are totally unnecessary and give me a heart attack. BEEEEEPPPPP!!! Passenger airbag on !!  :fall:

Makes me glad to get back into my old BMW 325i every time.
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #1868 on: November 21, 2017, 08:29:00 am »
North American spec Golfs don't have a cover for the cupholder aside from possibly the Golf R. It may be a distinction between models with a normal vs. electronic parking brake.

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: November 21, 2017, 09:42:26 am »
North American spec Golfs don't have a cover for the cupholder aside from possibly the Golf R. It may be a distinction between models with a normal vs. electronic parking brake.
Those damn accountants !  :-\  "We can achieve a 1€/vehicle savings !" . I actually like the centre console of the Golf more than the A3; the plastic "arch" on the A3 seems to creak whenever I rub my knee against it.

I guess visually the open cupholders wouldn't be so bad if my mother's A3 had the ambient lighting packet (illuminated rings around the bin), but generally it seems more premium to have a cover for unused bins. Think even the 1er/2er BMWs have a sliding cover.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #1870 on: November 21, 2017, 01:13:57 pm »
This was a while ago, but I saw the "call or click before you dig" billboard and it set me off.

I hate fences.  I've torn down most of our fencing (only shared ones remain) and replaced them with trees/bushes/etc where I want a physical barrier.  Planning on planting a row of hedges, I called the "call before you dig" number.  I found out they don't really do it all.  You still have to figure out who has things buried in your yard and call some of them yourself.  Okay.

So, I come home one day to find my yard with a series of little flags running around it.  Great!  They left us a little map - but the map and the flags don't seem to line up in the slightest!  So I call the "call before you dig" number to try to get a little help.  Nope.  They acted like I was a moron and I needed to stop wasting their time.

I was outside trying to figure out what went where and my neighbour, a retired civil engineer, wandered over, curious about my project.  Together we couldn't figure out how the map related to the flags!  To add to it, neither the map nor the flags for the gas line made any sense since they didn't seem to come near the meter.

In the end, I figured that since where I was digging had no flags AND was clear on the map, I'd just gingerly dig down and hope for the best.  It worked out, but now I curse every time I see their ads or commercials.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #1871 on: November 21, 2017, 01:34:02 pm »
SaskPower do a pretty fair job marking power and gaslines with flags and spraypaint.

Agree on fencing. Everyone here has a fenced backyard. My house was the first on the street and the fence is all on my yard. It's overdue for replacement and only one neighbour is interested in chipping in. I need roughly 70 metres of fencing. Seems like a huge waste, especially with the earth moving around so much here.

I'm still debating replacing it with a hedge. We had white cedar around our backyard in Fredericton. Much nicer than a fence, and no height restrictions. It was about 5 metres tall when I left.   
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #1872 on: November 21, 2017, 02:06:31 pm »
A hedge would be really nice, but I bet it would take 20 years to get one to grow in decently here. And unless you can get your neighbor to agree, I assume you’d have to plant it well inside the property line.

We’re only on a 50’ wide lot, so not a lot of extra room to devote to a hedge. Luckily, we’ve got fantastic neighbors on each side, but I’m still not about to give up my 5’ foot fence. Wish it was 6’, actually, but that’s not allowed.  :(

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: November 21, 2017, 02:09:31 pm »
My parents' HOA prohibits fencing; most people just plant bushes or hedges if the properties are directly adjacent. I agree- fencing gets rather unsightly.

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: November 21, 2017, 02:23:03 pm »
A hedge would be really nice, but I bet it would take 20 years to get one to grow in decently here. And unless you can get your neighbor to agree, I assume you’d have to plant it well inside the property line.

We’re only on a 50’ wide lot, so not a lot of extra room to devote to a hedge. Luckily, we’ve got fantastic neighbors on each side, but I’m still not about to give up my 5’ foot fence. Wish it was 6’, actually, but that’s not allowed.  :(

Just after moving into the Fredericton house, I called the city about the rules for fencing, and the person I spoke with may have been new, but basically told me I could build what ever I wanted. "Wait, so if I wanted a 12ft high chainlink fence with razor ribbon at the top, I could?" "Well, if that's what you really want, sure."

Decided to go with a hedge, with only a small section of wood fence between the garage and house.  ;D

The dumbest thing about fences here in Regina is the ground moves so much it only takes a couple of years before it's all heaved and out of line. Setting the posts in concrete just makes it that much more difficult to lift and rest the posts. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 02:25:02 pm by Sir Osis of Liver »

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #1875 on: November 21, 2017, 02:39:52 pm »
^^ Ground heaving is a huge issue here, too. Luckily, our fences on the east and west sides of the property are fine, but the short section at the back of the lot heaves like crazy. We redid it 5 years ago, and it’s moved a bunch already.

Same issues with all the neighbours, and most people just live with it. I watched with interest a few years ago when one guy put in a mega fence, with 6”x6” fence posts placed in concrete, but it heaved in a few years just the same.

I’m actually thinking now just to somehow let the fence panels rest on the ground and have them fit loosely around the posts, leaving the posts to move up and down freely without taking the fence with them.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2114
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #1876 on: November 21, 2017, 02:42:00 pm »
I am one of those "good fences make for good neighbors" types....gimme a 6 foot high fence any day.
Lighten up Francis.....

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: November 21, 2017, 02:50:40 pm »
^^ Ground heaving is a huge issue here, too. Luckily, our fences on the east and west sides of the property are fine, but the short section at the back of the lot heaves like crazy. We redid it 5 years ago, and it’s moved a bunch already.

Same issues with all the neighbours, and most people just live with it. I watched with interest a few years ago when one guy put in a mega fence, with 6”x6” fence posts placed in concrete, but it heaved in a few years just the same.

I’m actually thinking now just to somehow let the fence panels rest on the ground and have them fit loosely around the posts, leaving the posts to move up and down freely without taking the fence with them.

I'm thinking about using steel poles or c-channel

They can be driven into the ground with an electric jackhammer. If they move, they're easy to re-set. They don't rot off quite as quickly either.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #1878 on: November 21, 2017, 02:56:39 pm »
Even my 7ft fence can't hide my neighbours weeds.

:rofl:  :rofl: I hear you!! We put up a 7ft fence this spring on one side... facking weeds still though!!
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2114
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #1879 on: November 21, 2017, 02:57:34 pm »
Even my 7ft fence can't hide my neighbours weeds.

We have a nice, green, lush lawn and our neighbors look like a vacant lot in downtown Detroit  >:( >:(