Author Topic: Long-Term Test Update 2: 2016 Kia Sorento SX  (Read 46778 times)

Offline Allen

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +121/-437
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Q5 Sline, 2022 Honda HRV Touring
Re: Long-Term Test Update 2: 2016 Kia Sorento SX
« Reply #140 on: March 09, 2016, 05:43:51 pm »
The Sorento, I just bought my wife is the base LX with AWD, I must say the fit, finish and materials are very good even on this base model and it's very quiet ... so much better than the crap can 2011 Escape we traded in which was a rattle trap and the engine sounded like a cement mixer..  so far very happy with this vehicle
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 05:45:38 pm by Allen »

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #141 on: March 09, 2016, 06:09:44 pm »
The Sorento, I just bought my wife is the base LX with AWD, I must say the fit, finish and materials are very good even on this base model and it's very quiet ... so much better than the crap can 2011 Escape we traded in which was a rattle trap and the engine sounded like a cement mixer..  so far very happy with this vehicle

That gen Escape dates back to 2007, 9 years ago!  Your vehicle is brand new, lets see how the rattles are after a few years.  I found the Duratec V6 was fine in the Escape.  Nothing fast, be did the job without a problem. 

Offline Allen

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 09, 2016, 06:46:03 pm »

That gen Escape dates back to 2007, 9 years ago!  Your vehicle is brand new, lets see how the rattles are after a few years.  I found the Duratec V6 was fine in the Escape.  Nothing fast, be did the job without a problem.

Its was a 4cyl not the 6, from the day we bought it you would never call it quiet.. I have always said the Americans can't build a decent 4 banger. The main reason I got rid of it was the tranny was starting to lurch which I read was the start of overall failure, very disappointing for a dealer maintained vehicle with 68K  :(, which meant it was off of warranty.. I will be the first to let you know any issues with the Kia...

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #143 on: March 09, 2016, 07:38:33 pm »

That gen Escape dates back to 2007, 9 years ago!  Your vehicle is brand new, lets see how the rattles are after a few years. 
i wouldn't be too concerned about it...i've had my Rio5 now for just over 4 years and it's still as good as new, with no problems experienced...still have original brakes on it, and have about 67k kms on it currently...in fact, the low cost of ownership and quality experience i've personally had with my Rio5 played a role in us getting the Sorento as well...while the Sorento can certainly stand on its own, and "worries" about quality or durability were absent due to my personal positive experience with them with the Rio5.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #144 on: March 09, 2016, 09:02:01 pm »

Its was a 4cyl not the 6, from the day we bought it you would never call it quiet.. I have always said the Americans can't build a decent 4 banger. The main reason I got rid of it was the tranny was starting to lurch which I read was the start of overall failure, very disappointing for a dealer maintained vehicle with 68K  :(, which meant it was off of warranty.. I will be the first to let you know any issues with the Kia...

That old 2.3L engine that produces under 155hp in a CUV with a 4 speed tranny, is not a Ford Engine.  It's a very dated Mazda engine, used by Ford with their joint partnership.

The V6 would have been a much better choice, along with the 6 speed auto. 

Offline Allen

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2016, 09:14:14 pm »

That old 2.3L engine that produces under 155hp in a CUV with a 4 speed tranny, is not a Ford Engine.  It's a very dated Mazda engine, used by Ford with their joint partnership.

No, a much  better choice would have been not buying the piece of crap :)

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2016, 09:33:06 pm »

some people never learn from their mistakes.

Offline Allen

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2016, 10:02:20 pm »

Agree, I have and have moved on... let me know how your Exploder is doing a few years from now   ;D

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2016, 10:08:39 pm »

Must.....resist.....commenting........MUST....RESIST....... :rofl: :rofl2:
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...