Author Topic: 2011 Ford Edge  (Read 13404 times)

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
2011 Ford Edge
« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2016, 08:49:45 am »
^^^ the op is likely looking to smear Ford - waste of our time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline duck

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +7/-157
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Scion xB
Re: 2011 Ford Edge
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2016, 01:10:34 pm »
I LOVE the Ford Edge. I want to buy one.    I want something that's trouble free and reliable.   However, I do not want to spend my hard earned money on frequent repairs.  I am comparing my Toyota to what I have heard about the Edge.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 01:12:26 pm by duck »

Offline duck

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +7/-157
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Scion xB
Re: 2011 Ford Edge
« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2016, 01:20:20 pm »
Our 2011 has been to the dealer once . it has been on the road almost every single day since we had the vehicle. Has 148000km on it. It is a no drama vehicle. No drama on the highway no drama on the dirt (all grip) and no drama in the snow. With blizzacks the thing is a tank in snow. The awd, stability control and abs really work well together. The engine and tranny have been excellent.

Changed the 2 font tie rod ends,, back brakes twice, front brakes once.  At 160k it will need plugs,  front brakes, struts and shocks and all the  fluids changed. It will be good for another 100000km

Now what to look for when test driving is road noise. That is a sign of either a bad bearing or a ptu (power tranfer unit fwd to awd) failure. I replaced the bearing in the back and it was a pita to replace. A ptu  failure is very expensive to replace.

Once you decide on one take it to a ford dealer and get it checked out. Get them to check the ptu the rear bearings, the tie rods, the brakes and tires You should try to find an edge with less mileage on it. I think at 160 k you can expect some suspension and drivetrains parts need replacement. Tell them to remove the ptu fill  plug to see the condition of the oil and to see if there are metal fillings.

Factger , thanks for your feedback. I love the colour of your Edge.