Author Topic: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset  (Read 2331008 times)

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Re: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset
« Reply #620 on: April 30, 2015, 11:42:34 pm »
No Amazon Music? Found them to be generally less hassle.

Then again, I own no Apple nor Android products so I don't know about compatability.
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7199
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 01, 2015, 12:05:43 am »
No Amazon Music? Found them to be generally less hassle.

Then again, I own no Apple nor Android products so I don't know about compatability.

Amazon is compatible with Android.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #622 on: May 01, 2015, 01:31:27 pm »
Recently placed a coupled of items for sale on Kijiji.

Just hate the guys that respond with "I'll give you half of what your asking and for both, cash" Like I was accepting other payment options outside of cash.

I think these guys are testing the waters for drug user, stolen items or desperate sellers in need of some quick cash.

I know I should just delete these responses but prefer to reply with something like this:

http://i1.wp.com/theverybesttop10.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/the-world_s-top-10-best-images-of-laughing-horses-6.jpg?resize=550%2C525
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:34:16 pm by redman »
Past New (8yrs) Car Dealer for : BMW, Lexus, Nissan and Toyota<br />Past Used Vehicle Dealer: All Makes and Models. Seen a lot of it. Drove a lot of it. <br />Four-stroke Otto Engine 1876. Modern timer, pop-up toaster 1919 keep convincing yourself that you have the "latest appliance".

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #623 on: May 01, 2015, 10:01:54 pm »
Recently placed a coupled of items for sale on Kijiji.

Just hate the guys that respond with "I'll give you half of what your asking and for both, cash" Like I was accepting other payment options outside of cash.

I think these guys are testing the waters for drug user, stolen items or desperate sellers in need of some quick cash.

I know I should just delete these responses but prefer to reply with something like this:

http://i1.wp.com/theverybesttop10.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/the-world_s-top-10-best-images-of-laughing-horses-6.jpg?resize=550%2C525

where's the link for the stuff for sale?   ???

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #624 on: May 03, 2015, 12:02:16 pm »
Just learned that one of my tire pressure gauge is reading 3~4 psi too high.
 :(

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #625 on: May 03, 2015, 01:09:19 pm »

on the car?  or a handheld one?  could be worse, could be too low...

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 03, 2015, 10:41:43 pm »
Finding some awesome roads, and then realising that my car can't take them properly without getting all upset.

Scene 1: New interchange in Charlotte. The ramps are wide, flat, and have excellent sight distance. It's amazing:

https://youtu.be/8czDkgzpSco?t=43s

I took the exact same ramp illustrated in the video above at 130km/h. The Mazda felt like it was going to roll over. Summer tires held on but the car felt tippy, for lack of a better term. Unacceptable for a car billed as "sporty". When I had my BMWs, I was grinning ear to ear doing this.

Today, I discovered NC 181 (I realise all of you all are in Canada so I don't mind sharing this). Hugely popular with motorcyclists, and I can see why. Really for them, it's 15km of "how low can you drag your knees". For my Mazda, it was toasted brakes, brake judder, and shattered expectations. The actual braking performance wasn't bad, but they started burning up quickly- these are higher speeds where I'm hammering 120+ down to 80-90km/h within 100m of the corner. The tires clug on and shouldered the burden. But the chassis and suspension was completely overwhelmed. Disappointment and massive anger at the car.

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +231/-1072
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #627 on: May 03, 2015, 10:48:10 pm »
:( sorry to hear about that. I can definitely understand being frustrated with a car that doesn't meet your expectations. Going back to your other thread, clearly this isn't the car for you. I guess the Mazda 3 is more of a "sporty" car for the masses, rather than an enthusiast's sporty car.

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 03, 2015, 10:55:11 pm »
Its time to trade it in.

A GTI would have been a better choice for you for not so much more $$.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2114
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #629 on: May 03, 2015, 11:10:01 pm »
Try a nice FR-S/BRZ........power to the proper wheels, light, sticky, comfortable and comfortable.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: May 03, 2015, 11:14:15 pm »

on the car?  or a handheld one?  could be worse, could be too low...

Reading high is bad. You'll end up filling low.

Funny I just found mine was the same. I had a mechanical one with a little reset button that I thought was the bees knees since the seal was very good unlike some crappy electronic ones I've had in the past... just press on and no real leak of air.

however cross checked it with the new air compressor that is included with the Volvo and it seems to be 4-6 PSI high. I'm inclined to trust the Volvo pump here but I will get the one from the GLK out to test as well.

Today, I discovered NC 181 (I realise all of you all are in Canada so I don't mind sharing this). Hugely popular with motorcyclists, and I can see why. Really for them, it's 15km of "how low can you drag your knees". For my Mazda, it was toasted brakes, brake judder, and shattered expectations. The actual braking performance wasn't bad, but they started burning up quickly- these are higher speeds where I'm hammering 120+ down to 80-90km/h within 100m of the corner. The tires clug on and shouldered the burden. But the chassis and suspension was completely overwhelmed. Disappointment and massive anger at the car.

Just to play devils advocate.... are you sure you're not projecting what you want to see and feel and hear onto the car? I've been there and done that ;)
Also are you sure that this is a reasonable set of expectations for what is ultimately an economy car?

I think you need a GTI with performance package or WRX. Brakes are always going to be skimped on a bit in mainstream cars.... people don't buy cars for the brakes for the most part.
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 03, 2015, 11:36:10 pm »
The good thing is that soon, I will be working in Germany for 6 months, with a company car provided, so I don't need to do anything about it now since I will drive the Mazda to my parents' place and leave it there. Probably a good errand runner for them, although for unknown reasons, they haven't warmed to it either. Lovely urban runabout though, worked great in Montréal and in downtown Charlotte.

The hope is perhaps I can find a job while in Germany so I'll be able to stay there for add'l years, eliminating the headache process of finding a car here. A GTI or Golf is what I originally wanted and I love the hatchback practicality as a MTBer. But BMWs are a bit less watered down, so I fancy a used one of those is possible too. Not a near term worry.

Clippit of the road I was driving. Obviously, not at full speed with one hand on the camera.

https://youtu.be/6UAR5uQyZ8g

Because we were shuttling bikes, I did that stretch multiple times. For a reference point, at full tilt (not filmed), I held onto a maximum of ca. 125km/h that long straight (at 0:25) in 3rd. Braked last 100m to take that turn at about 80-85km/h (signed at 30km/h), opening to full throttle halfway. Repeat thru various iterations. Amazing road.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 11:44:58 pm by mlin32 »

Offline redman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +100/-298
  • Make mine a flat white, triple shot.
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 Subaru Legacy Limited, 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT son's
« Reply #632 on: May 04, 2015, 09:50:40 am »
Purchased new tires and had them installed at same tire shop in Oakville on Thursday.
Son informs me that something feels odd with the car and hears a rattle on Saturday.
I check around and find that the drivers front wheel lug nuts all 5 were hand loose and never torqued at the shop.
I end up checking each rim for peace of mind, all others are fine.
I did inform the shop this morning and they apologized, claiming that they will speak to tire tech who did the job. Offered to torque and check all tires etc..
Son planned to go to Ottawa next weekend with GF to see Carlton. I'm glad it was not this weekend.
Low mileage and low speed driving since new tire install, so chance of any damage low.
Sad that my once go to tire place dropped the ball and has lost my confidence for future purchase and installs.
Do I just chalk this up as $h!t happens ? The thought of a wheel flying off at highway speeds due to negligence really disturbs me.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 09:58:48 am by redman »

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 04, 2015, 09:53:28 am »
IMO, all shops will occasionally drop the ball. It's how they respond that is the important part.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 04, 2015, 10:17:38 am »
Call me skeptical of human beings in general, but I always check every single lug nut/stud immediately when I get home when wheels are mounted by someone else, and retorque if necessary. If I'm able to be at the shop (e.g quick tire mounting), I will periodically peek thru the window while my car is being serviced to oversee the process. Once, a shop used an air gun to overtighten the studs on one of the wheels (I couldn't loosen with my torque wrench) and I was back within 24h to politely ask that they do the job properly.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #635 on: May 04, 2015, 10:26:25 am »
Uncooperative Accounts Payable departments   >:(

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 04, 2015, 10:31:22 am »
The worst AP we've dealt with are certain Brazilian companies, mining and breweries.  They find every excuse to not pay.

'Your shipment is on Receiving Hold, so we can't pay the invoice.'
Why is it on Receiving Hold, your people signed for it?
'We don't know, you'll have to clear it up'
Umm, no, it's your people who have it on hold, they never told us about it, or told us why, we'll just put you on Shipment Hold until you're current with your AP.
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #637 on: May 04, 2015, 11:04:15 am »
Call me skeptical of human beings in general, but I always check every single lug nut/stud immediately when I get home when wheels are mounted by someone else, and retorque if necessary. If I'm able to be at the shop (e.g quick tire mounting), I will periodically peek thru the window while my car is being serviced to oversee the process. Once, a shop used an air gun to overtighten the studs on one of the wheels (I couldn't loosen with my torque wrench) and I was back within 24h to politely ask that they do the job properly.

I've changed enough wheels on my own vehicles to realize that "stuff happens".   The proper procedure is to drive a few km and then recheck the torque, but nobody does.    I've twice had wheels I know I tightened down with a torque wrench come loose after a few heat cycles.   
Mr Pickypants

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #638 on: May 04, 2015, 11:06:27 am »
Some places recommend customers return to check after X km.

I think it might be 1000 or 500 at Costco.  I hear people talk about how, they have to go back at exactly 500 or something, they think it's some golden rule lol

Northernridge

« Reply #639 on: May 04, 2015, 11:08:08 am »
Uncooperative Accounts Payable departments   >:(

This could also be a separate thread topic. Some of the hoops we've had to jump through to comply with US headquartered clients... :P

Been in court once in 25 years to collect on a bad debt and won and even got paid! ($12k).

Lifetime tally on uncollected bad debt is about $95k...clients went broke in every case...we were far down the priority creditor list.