Author Topic: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset  (Read 2330993 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7199
    • View Profile
Re: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset
« Reply #8900 on: April 12, 2018, 11:02:23 pm »
Nothing like killing 7.5 hours in the airport :(

Isn't that what alcohol and cigars is for?    ;D
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Firm

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +231/-1072
  • Urban Hick
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 XKR, 2007 DTS, 2006 Escalade, 2000 Sonoma ZQ8,1996 Firebird, 1996 Firebird Formula, 1985 Trans Am, 1984 Camaro, 1978 MGB x2
« Reply #8901 on: April 12, 2018, 11:49:11 pm »
Guess I am lame because I spent most of the time working. Decided I am not going to the office tomorrow though, f that noise :)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8902 on: April 12, 2018, 11:49:42 pm »
Guess I am lame because I spent most of the time working. Decided I am not going to the office tomorrow though, f that noise :)

Your lack of dedication is troubling.... :rofl: :rofl2:

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #8903 on: April 15, 2018, 11:47:44 am »
ate something bad yesterday. 
apparently caused stomach gas pushing on my lungs, felt like i was suffocating even though i was breathing fine.  felt like this until i threw up until nothing came out.   

throwing up is fine, but feeling of suffocation was startling.   that sucked.

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #8904 on: April 16, 2018, 07:16:28 pm »
Ahh..humane society...doesn't mean shi# does it.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/shamed-in-his-dogs-death-jeremy-quaile-took-his-own-life/ar-AAvVNK3?li=AAggNb9
It's particularly telling when people are posting they'd like to see a human die...without knowing what the truth is...and that somehow, a dogs life is more important than a humans.  ::)

So much for adults being all anti-bullying...LMFAO...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 07:46:49 pm by BWII »

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #8905 on: April 16, 2018, 07:25:05 pm »
Some clowns headed up one of the most heavily crevassed glaciers in the Canadian Rockies without a rope or gear.  I should put in the "happy" thread they managed to survive, but holy hell what stupidity.  I've been over this area several times and climbed Mt. Columbia and it's a SERIOUS undertaking with a lot of hazard.

https://www.mountainconditions.com/reports/crevasse-fall

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8906 on: April 16, 2018, 07:29:44 pm »
Some clowns headed up one of the most heavily crevassed glaciers in the Canadian Rockies without a rope or gear.  I should put in the "happy" thread they managed to survive, but holy hell what stupidity.  I've been over this area several times and climbed Mt. Columbia and it's a SERIOUS undertaking with a lot of hazard.

https://www.mountainconditions.com/reports/crevasse-fall

Yea, there was another one about a month ago in Alaska.  2 very experienced climbers, one Canadian.  They went missing after trying a new route.  Their families said they never carried beacons or satellite phones.   :banghead:

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #8907 on: April 16, 2018, 07:34:22 pm »
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/shamed-in-his-dogs-death-jeremy-quaile-took-his-own-life/ar-AAvVNK3?li=AAggNb9
It's particularly telling when people are posting they'd like to see a human die...without knowing what the truth is...and that somehow, a dog;s life is more important than a humans.  ::)

that is horrible, all-round...both lives are important. End.

yes, bringing a dog to a shelter should be a last resort, and us rescuers hate it when we see a perfectly capable owner bring in a dog because it is difficult, or inconvenient...and then the dog ends up being put down....but it could be worse: in a shelter, the dog has a minuscule chance. It could have been neglected, abandoned, or sold off to a fighting ring, etc.

Adopt, dont shop people. And if you are going to take on the responsibility of getting a dog, damn well treat it like you are bringing in a member of the family, because it is. It is not an appliance that you can bring home, get bored, and then discard when you no longer want to take care of it.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #8908 on: April 16, 2018, 07:36:36 pm »
Yea, there was another one about a month ago in Alaska.  2 very experienced climbers, one Canadian.  They went missing after trying a new route.  Their families said they never carried beacons or satellite phones.   :banghead:

I knew Marc-Andre, and he was one of the most skilled young climbers in the world.  They were attempting a super-hard route on a remote peak.  They knew exactly the risks and something very, very serious must have gone wrong for them to perish.  They were far from two clueless idiots wandering around on a glacier they knew nothing about without the right gear.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8909 on: April 16, 2018, 07:44:55 pm »

I knew Marc-Andre, and he was one of the most skilled young climbers in the world.  They were attempting a super-hard route on a remote peak.  They knew exactly the risks and something very, very serious must have gone wrong for them to perish.  They were far from two clueless idiots wandering around on a glacier they knew nothing about without the right gear.

Meh...not carrying any beacons or item for calling help strikes me as a "clueless idiot" move...even though they were highly skilled; especially so on a new route that seemed to be perilous.  Seems to be a common them when they "highly skilled" guys die. 

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8910 on: April 16, 2018, 08:19:19 pm »
I would agree that Marc-Andre and his partner should have carried an InReach.  Probably would not have helped them in this case, but it's still a great thing to have.  On our recent ski traverse we had a PLB, an InReach and a VHF radio.

That said, it's not uncommon for a climbing fatality on super difficult peaks to happen in circumstances where a communication device would make no difference.  You and your partner being avalanched into a bergschrund under 10M of snow means you're just dead.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #8911 on: April 17, 2018, 12:08:38 pm »
It's particularly telling when people are posting they'd like to see a human die...without knowing what the truth is...and that somehow, a dog;s life is more important than a humans.  ::)

yes, bringing a dog to a shelter should be a last resort, and us rescuers hate it when we see a perfectly capable owner bring in a dog because it is difficult, or inconvenient...and then the dog ends up being put down....but it could be worse: in a shelter, the dog has a minuscule chance. It could have been neglected, abandoned, or sold off to a fighting ring, etc.

Adopt, dont shop people. And if you are going to take on the responsibility of getting a dog, damn well treat it like you are bringing in a member of the family, because it is. It is not an appliance that you can bring home, get bored, and then discard when you no longer want to take care of it.

Also, people with mental illness and/or drug addictions shouldn't be allowed to have children or pets.
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +267/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #8912 on: April 17, 2018, 12:40:18 pm »

Also, people with mental illness and/or drug addictions shouldn't be allowed to have children or pets.

The issue becomes, who determines what is mentally ill, and how mentally ill is too mentally ill to have children or pets?  Where is the line drawn where you are protecting animals and children, vs infringing on the rights of individuals? 

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #8913 on: April 18, 2018, 03:10:14 pm »
I love the continued lack of support from HR in Germany.

I've been trying to figure out my insurances, incl. the mandatory health insurance. Contact person is out this week sick, so yay no one to explain to me how the whole system works. Legally I have 14 days to decide and report to HR my healthcare choice.

Go figure, for all my belief in a public gov't-run healthcare system, in my situation I'd be better off with private health insurance in Germany...... ???
ø cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #8914 on: April 19, 2018, 09:01:19 am »
When you wake and your joints hurt more than when you went to bed

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #8915 on: April 19, 2018, 09:11:06 am »

The issue becomes, who determines what is mentally ill, and how mentally ill is too mentally ill to have children or pets?  Where is the line drawn where you are protecting animals and children, vs infringing on the rights of individuals?

The Germans thought they had that all figured out 80 yrs ago, didn't go so well for several million people...

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #8916 on: April 19, 2018, 09:17:23 am »
Do you take any of those joint vitamins - Glucosamine and/or Chondroitin? Are they just snake oil?
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #8917 on: April 19, 2018, 09:27:40 am »
Do you take any of those joint vitamins - Glucosamine and/or Chondroitin? Are they just snake oil?
Railton
they are not - at least for my senior dogs. Fountain of youth pills honestly - night and day.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #8918 on: April 19, 2018, 10:11:27 am »
Railton

I tried all that stuff, for me it did not work
Glucosamine, give to our dog daily , i do not think it works

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #8919 on: April 19, 2018, 10:28:39 am »
It seemed to work for our dog.