Author Topic: Little things that make you happy  (Read 2266599 times)

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
Re: Little things that make you happy
« Reply #1160 on: November 01, 2014, 11:57:29 am »
Finally a routine is developing.  No naps anymore, with the oldest, both kids sleeping by 8:30pm, 3 days this week so far.  Just played Gin with my wife for 2 hours, haven't played with her in over 4 months!  At the moment she is slightly ahead, which is rare.  :rofl2:

Next time, try drinking gin with the wife for 2 hours and see where it goes!   ;D

Yeah, think I want to be cleaning up the bathroom and do laundry in the middle of the night.  And the booze going straight to my son!  :rofl2:  Those days have been on hold for awhile!  :(

I was going to say drinking gin for 2 hours might ultimately lead to another child... :rofl2:

Better not, I have to wait till March for "the procedure", can't believe they are that booked!

yup..... it's a long wait but it'll be worth it 3 weeks AFTER it's done.

In the mean time, guess the pill will have to do.....

I had waited 1.5 years to see the Urologist my doctor recommended.  I just got my surgery date...Dec. 22 :banghead:  I won't even be in town then.

I think I'm going to get snipped too. My dad is a retired general surgeon and used to do them. I wonder if I can do some shots on JD and get him to to snip me while I'm sprawled out on the kitchen table.

I got done in August at that So Simple place in Oakville.  Easy, in and out in a lunchtime.  Bit sore afterwards but nothing major.  Not more ankle-biters for me.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
Little things that make you happy
« Reply #1161 on: November 01, 2014, 12:46:08 pm »
Daughter is at chair lift rescue training all day and I get to miss it this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #1162 on: November 01, 2014, 01:27:15 pm »
i'm going to have to look up this place in burlington bob!... now that number two is here and healthy, i don't see any reason not to snip...

as for halloween, our house got about 15 kids. 3-4 captain americas.... only one elsa. that was the going drinking game costume, so only one beer had.

to make me happy was my kids doing trick or treating... not even 18 months but he took it like a champ walking around.. only screamed at one house with an animatronic thing at the door... my daughter being not even 4 weeks staying in a sling around mom as she was introduced to the neighbours.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline Julie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-366
    • View Profile
  • Cars: nb miata, nc mx-5, e92 m3, mk6 gti
« Reply #1163 on: November 01, 2014, 01:42:28 pm »
What makes me happy: knowing I can recover from being sick.

Been ill for a few weeks. Did not end up being too serious, but harder than usual as I have a respiratory condition, got one infection after another, and needed some big gun antibiotics in the end. Some days were harder than others. Really made me appreciate being able to recover, even if it takes time.

Appreciate even more the little things now. :)

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #1164 on: November 01, 2014, 01:58:35 pm »
i'm going to have to look up this place in burlington bob!... now that number two is here and healthy, i don't see any reason not to snip...

as for halloween, our house got about 15 kids. 3-4 captain americas.... only one elsa. that was the going drinking game costume, so only one beer had.

to make me happy was my kids doing trick or treating... not even 18 months but he took it like a champ walking around.. only screamed at one house with an animatronic thing at the door... my daughter being not even 4 weeks staying in a sling around mom as she was introduced to the neighbours.

Haha that's a great picture

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #1165 on: November 01, 2014, 03:04:30 pm »

Been ill for a few weeks. Did not end up being too serious, but harder than usual as I have a respiratory condition, got one infection after another, and needed some big gun antibiotics in the end. Some days were harder than others. Really made me appreciate being able to recover, even if it takes time.

Appreciate even more the little things now. :)
Glad you feeling better,
were you the doctor 's worst patients  :rofl2:

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #1166 on: November 01, 2014, 05:04:44 pm »
Piano moved successfully!

Turned out to be not too big of a deal with a smaller piano, 4 people and a lift to help get it up to truck box level.

Offline Dexer

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +49/-167
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: November 01, 2014, 05:39:03 pm »
I had 52 trick or treaters show up last night. That's higher than average.

One was from the neighbourhood. The other 51 were dropped off in cars and vans.

On the bright side...the hot chick from down the block came by with a cupcake for me. I had a huge crush on her many years ago. She's now a grandmother and was out with her grandson. Hey, at my age a hot chick can be 50 years old!

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #1168 on: November 01, 2014, 06:17:56 pm »

On the bright side...the hot chick from down the block came by with a cupcake for me. I had a huge crush on her many years ago. She's now a grandmother and was out with her grandson. Hey, at my age a hot chick can be 50 years old!

At my age, a hot chick can be 69 years old.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2808766/Dame-Helen-s-sparkling-new-role-new-face-L-Oreal-copy-ageless-style.html

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #1169 on: November 01, 2014, 06:18:33 pm »

Good to hear you're feeling better.   :)

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #1170 on: November 01, 2014, 07:44:43 pm »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2808766/Dame-Helen-s-sparkling-new-role-new-face-L-Oreal-copy-ageless-style.html

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #1171 on: November 01, 2014, 08:35:59 pm »
^^ Major turn off

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
Re: Re: Little things that make you happy
« Reply #1172 on: November 02, 2014, 01:57:28 am »

That's really hot.....

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Little things that make you happy
« Reply #1173 on: November 02, 2014, 08:21:59 am »

That's really hot.....

Sent from my Galaxy S3

As long as it's not YOU she's aiming at. ;)
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #1174 on: November 02, 2014, 04:01:39 pm »
Upgrading to business class for $81.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
« Reply #1175 on: November 02, 2014, 05:35:01 pm »
Beautiful fall weather bringing out a lot of classic cars, including a '63 split window Corvette.

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #1176 on: November 02, 2014, 08:19:49 pm »
Checking in on the web w/ Air Canada for my YOW->YVR flight and snagging the last aisle seat for the 5h 20min flight.  And it's near the front of the cabin.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #1177 on: November 02, 2014, 08:40:03 pm »
Well rounded weekend.  On Friday, got an easy snow removal contract.  They have a house in Florida, just want me to remove the snow if it snows more than 3-4 cm, any time of day.  Also did some cleaning around the house, went as a family to a select 10 houses on the street.  Left a bucket for kids to help themselves at my house. 

Saturday, hosted a surprise birthday party for my Aunt, had 15 people over, made fajitas for lunch.  Must have been ok, they didn't leave till supper time.  Today, Wife and kids went for a play date with her sister.  So I stayed inside, pigged out on candy, chips, watched Lord of the Rings marathon, nice and loud on Blu-Ray.  Supper time, went to in-laws for turkey (they like turkey a lot) for supper.  Told them about the new car, mother in law was not thrilled.  In her eyes, we should wait till the Mazda5 is paid off, and have a decent down payment for the Mazda6.  Whatever... She just doesn't like change, still has parquet flooring in the basement, and panelling on the walls.  Same house for over 25 years. 

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
« Reply #1178 on: November 03, 2014, 12:34:22 am »
Finally getting the garden shed finished and filled, and shelves build in the garage. I'll be parking my car inside yet.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
Little things that make you happy
« Reply #1179 on: November 03, 2014, 11:52:31 am »
the world famous Moe's No. 3 at YUL