Author Topic: Latest Movie Thread  (Read 826695 times)

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
Re: Latest Movie Thread
« Reply #2760 on: August 06, 2018, 10:47:06 pm »
Saw Fallout Saturday night with the kids, it was awesome! Really, really enjoyed it!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: August 07, 2018, 03:10:22 am »

You know my ex was a CSIS officer, right?

Unless they looked like Mila Kunis, nobody cares. :)
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #2762 on: August 07, 2018, 06:56:15 am »
You know my ex was a CSIS officer, right?

Not really.  But now I understand why the title of the film was meaningful to you.   ;D

Offline Allen

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +121/-437
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Q5 Sline, 2022 Honda HRV Touring
« Reply #2763 on: August 07, 2018, 07:29:32 am »
Saw Fallout Saturday night with the kids, it was awesome! Really, really enjoyed it!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

We went yesterday and saw it and really enjoyed it as well....  we also tried the Cineplex VIP theater  were you have the recliners and bar service, great way to watch a movie  :cheers:

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #2764 on: August 07, 2018, 01:49:19 pm »
My brother went to see the latest Jurassic Park movie at the drive in at Enderby BC on the weekend. He liked it a lot.

But....he had a :censor: of a time with his Mustang. Found that shutting off all the lights on a modern car can be a tough thing.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #2765 on: August 07, 2018, 08:05:36 pm »
My brother went to see the latest Jurassic Park movie at the drive in at Enderby BC on the weekend. He liked it a lot.

But....he had a :censor: of a time with his Mustang. Found that shutting off all the lights on a modern car can be a tough thing.

Pass on that movie , boring

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #2766 on: August 08, 2018, 07:09:13 am »

Pass on that movie , boring
It had its moments, but yeah was a little disjointed and needlessly complicated yet simplistic at the same time

also, that Brachi scene was totally heart breaking and unnecessary considering the rest of the movie

MI: Fallout was great with fantastic action scenes. It felt long in places, but damn was it a good time.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #2767 on: August 11, 2018, 08:33:03 pm »
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society’  On Netflix is a pretty good movie

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #2768 on: August 14, 2018, 12:10:52 pm »
Recently, I watched:

1)  Robin Williams:  Come Inside My Mind    (https://www.hbo.com/documentaries/robin-williams-come-inside-my-mind)

Excellent and sobering look at the life of someone who went all out to do what he did and paid a very heavy price more than once.  Also learned a bit more about his health issues which no doubt contributed to his suicide.

2)  The Snowman   (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1758810/?ref_=nv_sr_1)

Slightly above average mystery thriller.  All the relevant people are introduced, meaning that the "who" in the "whodunit" is not some parachuted character fit in to make it work.  On the other hand, the pacing, dialogue and vibe is most definitely not what audiences nurtured on classic American fare have come to expect.  I enjoyed it but am happy I saw it on the Movie Network.  I'm not sure I would have enjoyed paying $10 to $15 to see it in the theatre.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #2769 on: August 14, 2018, 12:16:32 pm »
Neither critics nor moviegoers were kind to The Snowman. 8% on RT, with an 18% audience score.

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #2770 on: August 19, 2018, 10:01:24 am »
Saw Fallout yesterday evening, quite good. Better than the typical Hollywood blockbuster thesedays. Plot and the twists were cool and kept things interesting.  :thumbup:
ř cons: Peugeot 308: Yamaha R3 [/URL]

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #2771 on: September 10, 2018, 07:50:00 am »
Mountain (2017)

An experience about the highest peaks around the world.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6203570/

Noticed this popped up on Netflix so gave it a watch last night. Having seen many outdoor and sport films this one felt old and didn't bring anything new to the table. The first 10 minutes was boring and drawn out. Could have used a lot more editing/deleting making it shorter than it was. Also felt like I've seen many of the scenes before from other films.

Skip unless you are bored and have nothing else to watch.

Zion (2018)

A portrait of Zion Clark, a young wrestler who was born without legs and grew up in foster care.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7820962/

AMAZING short (12 mins) about Zion and what he has overcome and achieved. Well worth a watch.

Offline mlin32

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +65/-419
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Peugeot 308 GT; 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
« Reply #2772 on: September 12, 2018, 05:01:33 pm »
Picked up a copy of Taxi 5 at fnac. Cheap comedy flick, had a few good laughs. The 5th in the series :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fmUv6tVWf8

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #2773 on: September 13, 2018, 07:18:31 am »
Watched this last night, and loved it.  The story of Gander, NL on 9/11 after 38 flights from Europe were diverted to their airport, and how they dealt with the 6,500 stranded travellers.

http://www.hbocanada.com/details/gp143526-you-are-here-a-come-from-away-story

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #2774 on: September 14, 2018, 07:30:53 pm »
Mountain (2017)

An experience about the highest peaks around the world.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6203570/

Noticed this popped up on Netflix so gave it a watch last night. Having seen many outdoor and sport films this one felt old and didn't bring anything new to the table. The first 10 minutes was boring and drawn out. Could have used a lot more editing/deleting making it shorter than it was. Also felt like I've seen many of the scenes before from other films.

Skip unless you are bored and have nothing else to watch.

Agree.  Saw it on the big screen in Banff at the festival, but still thought it pretty ordinary.  Was stoked for it as Sherpa was involved and those guys can make some awesome films.

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2775 on: September 14, 2018, 07:38:27 pm »
I'm waiting for Alex Honnold' s movie to come out.

I'm a fan of his, despite having no interest in climbing or the sport in general.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #2776 on: September 14, 2018, 08:04:25 pm »
Honnold is a phenomenon whether you're into climbing or not.  The guy is unique.  I love that he's taken up alpinism and has gone onto some of the world's most aesthetic peaks in Patagonia and Alaska.

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: September 14, 2018, 08:07:45 pm »
Honnold is a phenomenon whether you're into climbing or not.  The guy is unique.  I love that he's taken up alpinism and has gone onto some of the world's most aesthetic peaks in Patagonia and Alaska.
It's funny...I read an article about one of his alpine trips and he thought the guys took some needless risks.

This coming from a free climber. LOL

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: September 14, 2018, 08:24:30 pm »
It's funny...I read an article about one of his alpine trips and he thought the guys took some needless risks.

Lots of people climb free, me included.  Free solo is the super dangerous sport that Alex engages in.  And in many ways, Alex is right.  Alpine climbing is horrendously dangerous thanks to a large number of issues that Honnold doesn't really face when he's soloing some big route.  He often climbs it a bunch of times belayed before soloing it.  He waits for a perfect weather day.  The big rock routes usually don't have avalanche risk and they're typically located at lower elevations.  The reality too is that alpinists often are soloing thanks to poor protection, and they have to just take it as they get it.  No "previewing" the route.  In many ways, it's a much more complex game, something Alex isn't accustomed to.

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: September 14, 2018, 08:46:39 pm »

Lots of people climb free, me included.  Free solo is the super dangerous sport that Alex engages in.  And in many ways, Alex is right.  Alpine climbing is horrendously dangerous thanks to a large number of issues that Honnold doesn't really face when he's soloing some big route.  He often climbs it a bunch of times belayed before soloing it.  He waits for a perfect weather day.  The big rock routes usually don't have avalanche risk and they're typically located at lower elevations.  The reality too is that alpinists often are soloing thanks to poor protection, and they have to just take it as they get it.  No "previewing" the route.  In many ways, it's a much more complex game, something Alex isn't accustomed to.
His thing was, IIRC, was "pushing through" exhaustion...just for the sake of it (like not doing so to beat the weather or something serious).

And I tend to agree...once you're exhausted...you're exhausted. Things won't get better. It's especially dangerous in climbing it seems.

I think this applies to any sport though. Exhausted mentally or physically and bad things happen. But worse things happen when you're on a mountain IMO.

He seem to lament the slow pace too a bit...understandable given his speed climbs. But other times he liked it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 08:51:52 pm by rrocket »