Author Topic: Tweet Thread  (Read 3133318 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7199
    • View Profile
Re: Tweet Thread
« Reply #9960 on: November 12, 2014, 04:46:52 pm »
I don't take well to anesthetics or narcotics.  I remember waking up midway through the procedure and the dentist was kneeling on my chest while trying to pull a tooth.  No joke.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
« Reply #9961 on: November 12, 2014, 11:05:18 pm »
In had 4 pulled I was put out.  And glad I was.  Was swollen and in pain for a week after.
I remember when I had mine pulled. I was only frozen...I wish I could have been knocked out for it. The freezing started to come out after only 2 teeth. I could hear the crunching. It was facking miserable!
"This is no Playstation, this.  There is no reset button if you get it wrong.  You just go through the pearly gates...on fire!"   -Jeremy Clarkson

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9962 on: November 12, 2014, 11:14:05 pm »
In had 4 pulled I was put out.  And glad I was.  Was swollen and in pain for a week after.
I remember when I had mine pulled. I was only frozen...I wish I could have been knocked out for it. The freezing started to come out after only 2 teeth. I could hear the crunching. It was facking miserable!

As I said, I don't take well to freezing or narcotics.  Of course this wasn't fully realized until I was well into my 20s.  I forget the term for it.  Anyways, when I was a child, every time I'd visit the dentist and had a cavity I was drilled...and could feel every second of it.

Was awful.  Truly, truly awful.

Offline TheHire

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +102/-402
  • Manual Preservation Officer
    • View Profile
    • DoubleClutch.ca Magazine
  • Cars: '07 V8 Vantage 6MT, '91 Diablo, '97 550 Maranello, '91 911 Carrera, '04 S2000, '00 M5, '90 Camry AllTrac, '09 LS 460 AWD, '24 LC 500 Performance, '24 Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve, '04 G35 Coupe 6MT
« Reply #9963 on: November 13, 2014, 10:36:58 am »
I despise anaesthetic. I had a local (plus lots of pain meds) when I had a heart ablation a couple years ago; I distinctly remember grabbing the surgeon by the collar and saying "MORE MEDS". Worst feeling ever. Surgery this January is going to be fun...  :-[
Resident Connoisseur of Jalopies & Reality Checks

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Tweet Thread
« Reply #9964 on: November 14, 2014, 03:06:54 am »
So...recommendations for the water line to a fridge? For some odd reason, they don't include that little piece of equipment when you buy one...go figure.  Would I be correct in assuming a 3-4' braided line is the way to go? (you've already convinced me to do that for the DW  ;) :P)

...uhm...tweet!?
For my fridge, it's a really small ¼" tube. That tube taps into my copper water line with a teeny shut off valve. I brought the plastic hose in from the basement through the floor

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Watts-Ice-Maker-Kit-with-Floor-Adapter-K-1/100014800
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 03:09:21 am by rrocket »

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #9965 on: November 14, 2014, 05:24:46 am »
My folks bought a 2015 Q7 TDi today. IT will replace the Cayenne. They are now a two audi family with their 2014 a4. My favorite large SUV and it will work well from the for the drive to Florida and long trips to bridge tourneys.
Excellent. And in the last model year I think before a major redo it should be reliable as well.   which model?  Progressiv or the fancy Vorsprung one?
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +92/-128
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Taco
« Reply #9966 on: November 14, 2014, 03:14:20 pm »
recycling insultation...

good or no?

I'm ripping down walls and areas of our basement to make it more the way we need it.
for some strange reason, the previous owners put insultation in some interior walls.  (meanwhile some exterior walls never got done)

While I don't plan to reuse the insultion for inside the house, I'm thinking of using it for the garage.
I want to rip the walls off the attached garage and insulate them. 

I was thinking of reusing the insulation they used for the interior walls.   It's not that I'm too cheap to buy new stuff, I just thought it might be nice to recycle.  (I have no idea how old or the quality of this insulation)

also, since it's an attached garage, the walls between the house and garage are already insulated. 
So it's just the outside garage walls, so the garage can be a little warming in the winter.

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #9967 on: November 14, 2014, 03:20:32 pm »
recycling insultation...

good or no?

I'm ripping down walls and areas of our basement to make it more the way we need it.
for some strange reason, the previous owners put insultation in some interior walls.  (meanwhile some exterior walls never got done)

While I don't plan to reuse the insultion for inside the house, I'm thinking of using it for the garage.

I was thinking of reusing the insulation they used for the interior walls.   It's not that I'm too cheap to buy new stuff, I just thought it might be nice to recycle.  (I have no idea how old or the quality of this insulation)

also, since it's an attached garage, the walls between the house and garage are already insulated. 
So it's just the outside garage walls, so the garage can be a little warming in the winter.

If it looks to be in decent shape, not squashed or moldy, I'd probably reuse it.  Mind you, if its really old, the R value might be quite a bit lower than what newer insulation would be.

I insulated our garage when we moved in.  Its attached, however unheated.  It rarely goes below freezing, only slightly below zero on the worst of the cold stretches (-25 or colder for days on end).
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #9968 on: November 14, 2014, 05:24:00 pm »
My folks bought a 2015 Q7 TDi today. IT will replace the Cayenne. They are now a two audi family with their 2014 a4. My favorite large SUV and it will work well from the for the drive to Florida and long trips to bridge tourneys.

My favourite large SUV as well.  Well out of my price reach.  Just the two of them?  They didn't think about the Q5 tdi? 

Was thinking of your TL, as every now and then, I do a search for a TL.  Almost impossible to find one manual, that isn't black!

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9969 on: November 15, 2014, 08:51:31 am »
recycling insultation...

good or no?

If it looks to be in decent shape, not squashed or moldy, I'd probably reuse it.  Mind you, if its really old, the R value might be quite a bit lower than what newer insulation would be.

I insulated our garage when we moved in.  Its attached, however unheated.  It rarely goes below freezing, only slightly below zero on the worst of the cold stretches (-25 or colder for days on end).

it looks good which is why I'm tempted to recycle it.   I just don't know the R Value.
I think I'll use it, put it in the walls and see how well it seems to work before putting on the dry wall.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #9970 on: November 15, 2014, 10:01:14 am »
recycling insultation...

good or no?

it looks good which is why I'm tempted to recycle it.   I just don't know the R Value.
I think I'll use it, put it in the walls and see how well it seems to work before putting on the dry wall.
Rvalve depends on thickness
http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/co/grho/grho_010.cfm

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #9971 on: November 15, 2014, 10:11:53 am »
recycling insultation...

good or no?

Good idea.  Reuse whenever possible is my motto. 

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9972 on: November 15, 2014, 10:41:48 am »

thanks for the link.  for good info to have!

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #9973 on: November 15, 2014, 10:58:25 am »

Is paperback insulation ? If it is I get rid of it , more of a pain-in-ass to try to reuse it

Offline blotter

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9974 on: November 15, 2014, 11:55:16 am »

Is paperback insulation ? If it is I get rid of it , more of a pain-in-ass to try to reuse it

it's the "regular" stuff.  but instead of pink, it's yellow.   :think:
doesn't seem that old, it's in great shape but previous owners did everything crazy cheap, so i'm just not sure what quality this stuff has.

Offline phazotron

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +12/-22
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 05 Montana SV6
« Reply #9975 on: November 15, 2014, 11:01:32 pm »

If the stuff is old enough, it could have asbestos in as well (they used that sh!t in just about everything in the old days - vinyl tiles, insulation paper, spackle, insulation, drywall compound, etc...)

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
Tweet Thread
« Reply #9976 on: November 18, 2014, 04:27:35 pm »
Just when you thought there was no other way to take a selfie :)

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #9977 on: November 18, 2014, 09:41:27 pm »
^ ;D
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #9978 on: November 20, 2014, 11:38:35 am »
Holy JeZ-uS is it more expensive to rent a car from the airport vs. any other place.

Going to Banff/Kicking Horse for the Xmas holidays.  Basically, for a week it's over $300 MORE to rent from an airport.
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #9979 on: November 20, 2014, 11:53:01 am »
Thanks for the tip.  They definitely had the cheapest price I have found.. Still $250 more or so. 

Alamo any good?

I am going to see if my sister in law can pick us up, then I could have Enterprise get me the day we need the car.  However, if the logistics don't make any sense I'll go the Costco route.