Author Topic: What you Buy or DIY show off thread  (Read 660341 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +922/-2295
    • View Profile
Re: What you Buy or DIY show off thread
« Reply #5560 on: January 09, 2018, 03:37:28 pm »
The ones I've replaced have been with a quick fill cap.

All caps should come like this IMO.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +362/-138
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Tech; DIY E-bike
« Reply #5561 on: January 09, 2018, 04:17:30 pm »
The ones I've replaced have been with a quick fill cap.

All caps should come like this IMO.

Yes, saw those last time I looked but IIRC the reviews were mixed.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +377/-292
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #5562 on: January 14, 2018, 10:53:50 am »
I ordered an Instant Pot from Amazon this morning.  I've heard lots of great things about them, and IIRC a number of members here have one.  Looking forward to trying it out, although not sure what I'll cook in it first.
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline pi314

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +53/-55
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #5563 on: January 14, 2018, 11:07:09 am »
it's great.

Great for rice too

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-451
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, business vehicle, 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan CVP
« Reply #5564 on: January 14, 2018, 11:08:32 am »
I ordered an Instant Pot from Amazon this morning.  I've heard lots of great things about them, and IIRC a number of members here have one.  Looking forward to trying it out, although not sure what I'll cook in it first.

I will order a Miata today.  I've heard lots of great things about them, and IIRC a number of member here have one.  Looking forward to trying it out, although not sure where I will drive it first!   ;D

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +149/-240
  • Professional Chewtoy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and Vehicles by age, newest first: BMW, Porsche, Suzuki, Subaru, Chevy, Suzuki, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, Suzuki
« Reply #5565 on: January 14, 2018, 11:09:14 am »

Aluminum and sodium hydroxide stew?

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +377/-292
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #5566 on: January 14, 2018, 11:19:02 am »

Aluminum and sodium hydroxide stew?

Sounds delicious, got a recipe?   ;D

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +362/-138
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Tech; DIY E-bike
« Reply #5568 on: January 14, 2018, 03:13:03 pm »
https://www.amazon.ca/Genuine-Hyundai-31010-3L600-Filler-Assembly/dp/B00BJMF3HI
Just ordered it for my dad. Can't beat $33 after shipping and taxes.
(It's a fuel cap that fits on a ton of Hyundais)

Fits my Entourage.  Not sure why I would need it.  I think mine is a replacement, can't remember.  But it doesn't tether, but easily hangs on the fuel door.

Could be a replacement. The one I'm replacing is a 10 year old "ratcheting" style cap, that is when tightened it clicks for as long as you keep turning it, while the just ordered one is an improved design that makes just one click and that's when you know it's closed tight. At least that's what I'm hoping to receive.
The old one feels loose and I want to replace it before it throws any check lights and codes.

Got a Sunday delivery to my door from Amazon. Nice! Just for the sake of drawing parallels, Canada Post delivered one parcel over the holidays and had me pick up the other. Both boxes were several hundred dollars combined and both looked like they were used as spear targets, seriously. But I digress...
Looks genuine to me:

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #5569 on: January 14, 2018, 04:25:15 pm »
With my daughter only having one day off during the Christmas break, the missus and I headed to Vernon for part of the break to visit the in-laws.  The missus' sister and her family bought themselves an Instant Pot for Christmas, like pretty much everyone in the world except for us!  We used it for some of the meals, and gotta say, I was impressed.  We cooked some yams and potatoes and other things, and it did a great job.

This winter I'm slowly adding to/altering my winter backcountry camping gear.  My old tarp-shelter is about to be replaced with a Black Diamond Mega Light - a great pyramid shelter that weighs only 1kg with the supplied pole.

The kid and I will put it to use on some multi-day ski tours.  Just not sure if we'll use it both for cooking and sleeping, or bring the tarp and a tent.  The tarps I have now are better suited to supplementing a tent, but the BD one looks like we could use it for both.  That's exciting, as the lightest tent/tarp combo I have now weighs a combined 2.5kg.  Knocking that down to 1kg flat would be sweet.  We're really hoping to get our systems down this winter as next winter we're hoping to plan a ski mountaineering trip covering 300km from Jasper to Banff.  Minimizing weight and maximizing utility is going to be a priority.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5570 on: January 18, 2018, 09:06:43 pm »
Trying a new vitamin since my old favorite vitamin company got bought by Monsanto..

Rainbow Light Men's One

https://www.rainbowlight.com/our-product/mens-health/mens-one-multivitamin.html