Author Topic: Travel Feature: Cote d'Azur on a budget  (Read 7282 times)

Offline tinnemeneer

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +12/-13
    • View Profile
Re: Travel Feature: Cote d'Azur on a budget
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 02:48:19 am »
just to show you how lucky you are  ;D
:)

My humble apologies, I was preparing myself for flames and you're being friendly. This says something about the both of us I'm afraid.

I've been thinking about moving to Canada though. I'm not going to because I really hate snow, ice and cold weather,  but except for that it seems like an ideal country to me.
I live in quite a secluded area of the Netherlands and on a sunny Sunday you have congestion or even traffic jams on rural roads.

About 6 or 7 years ago we were on holiday in the Algarve, Portugal and were heading back. We decided we didn't want to hurry so we planned to take 4 days.
On the first day we arrived in Madrid around 3 or 4pm and as the traffic was light we decided to continue. So we did and in the evening we were close to the French border.
The next day we decided to take it easy again but again at 3 or 4pm we were near Paris. Traffic was light, so we decided to continue just a little bit.
North of Paris it started to rain (it always does) so we drove on, arriving at the Dutch border at 10pm. This is where we hit a traffic jam and the last 200km took us close to 4 hours.

A walk in the park isn't much fun when you're doing it in a queue. Mt grass may seem greener but it is heavily being trotted on. :)