Author Topic: Test Drive: 2012 Honda Civic Si coupe  (Read 15338 times)

Offline cruzzer

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +6/-22
    • View Profile
Re: Test Drive: 2012 Honda Civic Si coupe
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2011, 01:43:53 pm »
6.2 litres per 100 km. Sounds good to me.

Offline PhiDelt

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +4/-6
    • View Profile
  • Cars: BMW X1, BMW 325CI, 2013 Ford Taurus
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2011, 05:37:18 pm »
I have a Acura TSX and the engine is fantastic, glad to see it in more of Honda's lineup. Great fuel economy , good power when you need it, and easy to maintain (timing chain only has to be looked at, at 190,000km, spark plugs can be changed by yourself in 5 mins). I have had a few people think I had a V6 in the car because of the power it had and how smooth the engine was. 6.2 L/100km is bang on for economy, I get right around that number consistently.

richink

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2011, 09:27:53 am »
2 things I just clued into over the weekend.

1) Front end of the 2012 Civic looks remarkably like the Kia Forte.

2) Toronto Star published story that Honda themselves are thoroughly disappointed in the public's reponse to the new Civic to the point that they will be moving up the mid-cycle refresh to late 2013.

Offline LimitedSlip

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +1/-5
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Current - Civic Si Coupe '07 & Si Coupe '13
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2011, 02:06:07 pm »
2 things I just clued into over the weekend.

1) Front end of the 2012 Civic looks remarkably like the Kia Forte.

2) Toronto Star published story that Honda themselves are thoroughly disappointed in the public's reponse to the new Civic to the point that they will be moving up the mid-cycle refresh to late 2013.

The car (coupe) looks like it's chasing itself ....... and about to trip over itself!! Duhhh! Honda!
Introduce a little Slip On-Every-Corner

Offline dragonfly

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +22/-90
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2011, 04:18:33 pm »
 There seems to be much ado about very little in the way this "new" engine is highlighted in this story.. Anyone ever check out the engine in the new Sonata?  2.4 liter DI , 198 HP, 186 Lbs of torque...REGULAR gas...better fuel economy...100 KPH @ 2000 RPM....My oh my, what a miracle of an engine that NEW Honda engine is...Patooey    ( my 2011 Sonata weighs 3160#, six speed stick...Slightly slower, but I get 40 MPG on the highway with 4 passengers comfortably seated and a full load of luggage aboard...And it's really a good looking load..Better, I think than this "new " Civic...especially with the black rims and 18" tires)...Okay...enough horn blowing...Oops..I forgot.....cost   $18,300 American...Jack

Offline greengs

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +26/-57
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 BRZ
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2011, 10:19:49 am »
There seems to be much ado about very little in the way this "new" engine is highlighted in this story.. Anyone ever check out the engine in the new Sonata?  2.4 liter DI , 198 HP, 186 Lbs of torque...REGULAR gas...better fuel economy...100 KPH @ 2000 RPM....My oh my, what a miracle of an engine that NEW Honda engine is...Patooey    ( my 2011 Sonata weighs 3160#, six speed stick...Slightly slower, but I get 40 MPG on the highway with 4 passengers comfortably seated and a full load of luggage aboard...And it's really a good looking load..Better, I think than this "new " Civic...especially with the black rims and 18" tires)...Okay...enough horn blowing...Oops..I forgot.....cost   $18,300 American...Jack

Funny that with all that Sonata finishes last in a lot of magazine comparos.  One test drive in an Si will show you why not everyone buys cars strictly by looking at the spec sheet ;)

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2011, 11:29:46 am »
Funny that with all that Sonata finishes last in a lot of magazine comparos.  One test drive in an Si will show you why not everyone buys cars strictly by looking at the spec sheet ;)
last in a comparison of 3 models...hardly indicative of a "last place car" (would likely finish more mid-pack if it were in a pack of 8-10 models, like you would do when you shop for a car).

as well, at the recent AJAC test fest, Hyundai/Kia still managed 5 first place awards in 11 categories...if you really want to see how good of a result that truly is, they only ran vehicles in 6 categories, so in the 6 categories they ran a vehicle in, they finished first in 5 of them (the Genesis R-Spec Sedan being the only one not finishing first).
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline greengs

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +26/-57
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 BRZ
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2011, 01:38:29 pm »
last in a comparison of 3 models...hardly indicative of a "last place car" (would likely finish more mid-pack if it were in a pack of 8-10 models, like you would do when you shop for a car).

as well, at the recent AJAC test fest, Hyundai/Kia still managed 5 first place awards in 11 categories...if you really want to see how good of a result that truly is, they only ran vehicles in 6 categories, so in the 6 categories they ran a vehicle in, they finished first in 5 of them (the Genesis R-Spec Sedan being the only one not finishing first).
I know they are much improved cars and definatelly you can do far worse in the market right now.  But specifially he was talking like Sonata was the best car in the world and the Si was a huge POS.  Everyone has different priorities when buying cars.  I could say that the Dodge Caliber 2.4L turbo is amazing compared to the 2.4 Sonata if were were just looking at specs.