Author Topic: 2024 Toyota Tundra Hybrid Review  (Read 815 times)

Offline AutoTrader.ca

• Administrator
  • Carma: +14/-17
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car
2024 Toyota Tundra Hybrid Review
« on: March 08, 2024, 11:25:42 am »
With its smooth ride and upscale interior, the Tundra Hybrid is ready for work and play.
Read more...

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
Re: 2024 Toyota Tundra Hybrid Review
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2024, 11:49:53 am »
I read a few lines, all I could bear.  This one did me in:

This tester was fitted with the Tundra TRD Pro package ($13,560), which includes a number of upgrades and cosmetic enhancements that give the Tundra an even more aggressive stance.

Yes, because that's what the TRD Pro package does, gives the truck a nice stance.  A TRD Pro is tested and there's nothing about its off road prowess written.  These articles are getting weaker by the day.  Nothing but feature speak.  Little to no valuable content.  I guess this is what the average reader wants?

Reminds me of Motormouth reviews.  Basically spewing features and specs for 15-20 minutes. 

Maybe I'm just an old man now.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 11:52:47 am by bridgecity »
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline draghon

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-27
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mine [07 Civic SI coupe] Wife [23 Sienna XSE AWD]
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2024, 03:44:48 pm »
I read a few lines, all I could bear.  This one did me in:

This tester was fitted with the Tundra TRD Pro package ($13,560), which includes a number of upgrades and cosmetic enhancements that give the Tundra an even more aggressive stance.

Yes, because that's what the TRD Pro package does, gives the truck a nice stance.  A TRD Pro is tested and there's nothing about its off road prowess written.  These articles are getting weaker by the day.  Nothing but feature speak.  Little to no valuable content.  I guess this is what the average reader wants?

Reminds me of Motormouth reviews.  Basically spewing features and specs for 15-20 minutes. 

Maybe I'm just an old man now.

Agreed, so many reviews are focused on safetey nannies and infotainment features with only an afterthought on how the vehicle actually drives. I guess this is what we get when the average consumer are shopping for souless CUV blobs. And yes, I know its hypocritical of me to say this as the last "fun" vehicle purchase I made was 17 years ago. :hide:
ex rides: 93 Aerostar XLT AWD
wife ex rides: 07 Wave base, 11 Tiguan Comfortline with sport package, 14 Acadia SLE II AWD

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2024, 03:54:51 pm »
Toyota really fooked the dog on this vehicle.  It's a throw back to the 2006 circa series.  That being 4/5s the size of regular size unit.  No one's buying them.  I test drove two different ones over night when they first hit the market. $80K plus and no auto 4wd?  It's a cheap machine at premium prices.

In contrast to the previous Tundra; very disappointing.  And it looks toy like.  :P

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7199
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2024, 04:07:49 pm »
.  That being 4/5s the size of regular size unit. 

100 percent false.

Larger than your F-150 in several dimensions.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2024, 04:10:20 pm »
Toyota really fooked the dog on this vehicle.  It's a throw back to the 2006 circa series.  That being 4/5s the size of regular size unit.  No one's buying them.  I test drove two different ones over night when they first hit the market. $80K plus and no auto 4wd?  It's a cheap machine at premium prices.

In contrast to the previous Tundra; very disappointing.  And it looks toy like.  :P

4/5ths the size?  Where do you get that from? 

I agree sales aren't good in comparison to the big three, but 2023 was one of their best years since gen I. 

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2114
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2024, 04:17:25 pm »
Uhhh, yeah, I don't know what Tundra you were in, but those new ones are massive.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7199
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2024, 04:49:58 pm »
Uhhh, yeah, I don't know what Tundra you were in, but those new ones are massive.
It must be Beer O'clock at Steve's! LOL [emoji38]
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 05:15:25 pm by rrocket »

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2024, 06:00:13 pm »
 Yes  he is on the Ford bandwagon now. ;D
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2024, 06:03:32 pm »
 :think: I see tons of them on the road here as well. 

My bil has one.  His third Tundra.  Said it's is a much better tow vehicle that his former 2017 model.  Hauls his 26' Robalo with ease. 

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2024, 07:11:19 pm »

After driving two around for a couple of days in 2 different trim versions.   They reminded me of the 2006 version.  The front interior is cramped.

I agree sales aren't good in comparison to the big three, but 2023 was one of their best years since gen I.

Well of course they never were going to come close.  They limited production to 100K units more or less.  Currently, first year after Covid Toyota buyers were nuts about these things so of course sales are at maximum.  Taco demand will be ultra crazy.

Listen, I drove at least 10 new loaded Tundras as a dealer vehicle post 2005.  I was appalled at this new one.   Tell me; to repair the left side waste gate/turbo is it still a body off frame experience  ???  Anyone have knowledge to the contrary?

Safe to say none of you people have driven one?  The nav and remote start is subscription.  The remote start on that silver one in my above pics was inoperative because the lads could not figure out how to initiate the subscription.  It's for suckers.  :P

So looking forward to all of your new Tundra show and shines.  :)

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2024, 08:14:53 pm »

After driving two around for a couple of days in 2 different trim versions.   They reminded me of the 2006 version.  The front interior is cramped.

Well of course they never were going to come close.  They limited production to 100K units more or less.  Currently, first year after Covid Toyota buyers were nuts about these things so of course sales are at maximum.  Taco demand will be ultra crazy.

Listen, I drove at least 10 new loaded Tundras as a dealer vehicle post 2005.  I was appalled at this new one.   Tell me; to  ;Drepair the left side waste gate/turbo is it still a body off frame experience  ???  Anyone have knowledge to the contrary?

Safe to say none of you people have driven one?  The nav and remote start is subscription.  The remote start on that silver one in my above pics was inoperative because the lads could not figure out how to initiate the subscription.  It's for suckers. 
So looking forward to all of your new Tundra show and shines.  :)

Nobody argued it’s a truck that’s  leading the pack. Your statement that it’s 4/5 the size is delusional. The rest of your argument wasn’t mentioned in your original post. Get a hold of yourself. I don’t give an eff how many you drove.

Offline warp

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +22/-39
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 VW GTI, 2024 Toyota Grand Highlander, 2024 VW GLI
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2024, 11:04:57 pm »

Safe to say none of you people have driven one?  The nav and remote start is subscription.  The remote start on that silver one in my above pics was inoperative because the lads could not figure out how to initiate the subscription.  It's for suckers.  :P
Toyota's Remote Connect which allows you start and shut down the vehicle via the phone app (from anywhere) is complimentary for the first year and then a $9.95 monthly charge if you opt for it. The Services Connect app which includes some additional features including navigation (I think) is $19.95 month. But why would you go for that with Android Auto and Apple Carplay functionality built in?  But if all that you need is a remote start, that is available for free via your fob. However unlike most other fobs with remote start capability, Toyota which has recently introduced this does not have a separate remote start button on the fob, where the sequence is typically LOCK-LOCK-HOLD DOWN REMOTE START, for Toyota it is LOCK-LOCK-HOLD DOWN LOCK, to remote start the vehicle.