Author Topic: 10 Reasons Not to Drive Your Car (or Truck) Over a Flooded Road  (Read 1023 times)

Offline AutoTrader.ca

• Administrator
  • Carma: +14/-17
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car
What's this river that I'm in?
Read more...

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Re: 10 Reasons Not to Drive Your Car (or Truck) Over a Flooded Road
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 10:41:55 am »
It pretty sad that you need to write about this   :rofl:

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 10:57:03 am »
Anyone see this?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmOmfCBB1nJ/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1ovdgxvafgw6y

"Hey a puddle. Hey a streetcar is half submerged in that puddle, I'm going to drive into it anyway!"

or

"Everybody's offering me $15,000 and the insurance company is going to offer me $25,000, let's make this look like an accident."

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 11:08:55 am »
A half submerged street car is not exactly a common occurrence so brain may not have registered in time...
I love it when a plan comes together.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2114
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 01:21:57 pm »
It pretty sad that you need to write about this   :rofl:

Yeah...every time we have a storm and underpasses flood its amazing to see the amount of window licking morons that think that their little car can ford 4 feet of standing water.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 01:35:04 pm »
I got my old Cherokee stuck in a swamp once... thankfully there wasn't much electronics on the floor of that thing. It did stink for a week & was full of moisture... so the following weekend I took the front seats out, center console and removed all the carpets/under-padding... there was a good 2 - 3" of water still in it, thankfully there were drain plugs that I was able to pop and drain the remaining water. Worst part is we were living in a condo, had to do all of this in the underground parking of our building... then drag the carpets up into our unit (thankfully we were on the ground floor) and put them out on the balcony to dry out, took the whole weekend to dry them out, so we were driving around with no carpets for a bit. The Mrs wasn't too impressed with me, especially since the Jeep was only 6 months old... ooohhhhh the poor bastard who bought that lease return!!  :rofl:
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 02:09:53 pm »
got back from Disney a couple weeks back.. the amphicars they have there as water taxis are awesome! you actually get to load up on land, drive down the ramp and off ya go!

but yeah... we get hydro-locked cars in every year. don't try to go through... and if you do, slow and steady. had a truck get it, and the customer was complaining that the water wasn't even that high... turns out he was trying to make huge splashes and going through the middle of it at high speeds... that sends water all over... including up and into the air intake.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now