Author Topic: Kia Fort coupe 78 overall sore VS Honda Civic 66/67 in CS Report  (Read 1491 times)

Offline CarFly

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +5/-6
  • Cars: Good times:) Bad investment ;/
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MG Midget, Ford Falcon, Mazda RX-experimental rotary engine, Pontiac Firebird 350, Yamaha 500cc, Yamaha 850cc, Harley-Davidson LowRider 1340cc, VW Beetle, Mazda 3, Pontiac Sunfire 2.4 GT Coupe
In the latest CR reports Magazine I was surprised to hear that the Kia Forte gets a much better rating than the the Honda Civic (Kia Fort 78 vs Honda Civic 66/67)
I have been thinking about buying a Civic Coupe with a turbo but it gets a bad score for reliability and other systems in the car.

The Kia Forte gets splendid ratings all around, I imagine that the coupe would be just as good, there are two Turbo versions of it. That being said "customer satisfaction" is average?

I would appreciate your opinions... Are the Civic turbo(s) as bad as CS says they are, and are the Kia Fort coupe turbo(s) as good as CR says they are?

I would be interested to know how the people who who have bought and drive the new generation of Hondas feel about them... Have you had an undue amount of problems with them or are they good dependable cars as you would expect from a Honda?

Thanks' in advance for your opinions, I really appreciate it.
LETS' DO THE "TIME WARP"... AGAIN!!!

Offline conwelpic

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +85/-815
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2020 Mazda CX-30 GS FWD - Snowflake white
Re: Kia Fort coupe 78 overall sore VS Honda Civic 66/67 in CS Report
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 10:27:13 am »
the Kia Forte Koup was discontinued in 2016 (that year the EX came with 2.0L and the SX a 1.6L turbo, both with either 6 speed manual or 6-spd auto).

You didn't mention what year these figures in CR related too.  Depending on the year, if you buy you may get the balance of the warranty which in the case of the Kia is 5 yrs or 100k km - all the vehicle, whereas the Civic warranty is 3 yrs or 50k, but 5 yrs or 100k km on the powertrain.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 10:30:23 am »
unless it is a serious defect in the car, dont worry about a few points of reliability rating - doesn't mean much, especially with modern cars

get what makes you happy and what makes you want to drive the car...that is more important than anything else
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline 84im

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-81
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 BMW X1, 2003 Chevy Tracker, 1974 VW Dune Buggy, and 1974 VW Thing
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 10:59:08 am »
I put some merit into results from Consumers Report, but I wouldn't buy a vehicle solely based on their ranking.

Both are very good choices.  Base your decision on a lengthy test drive.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.