Author Topic: Bucket List Drive: Exotics Racing Las Vegas  (Read 3434 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Bucket List Drive: Exotics Racing Las Vegas
« on: March 03, 2015, 06:26:25 am »

Nine guys. Las Vegas. A few hours to kill.
Read More...

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
Re: Bucket List Drive: Exotics Racing Las Vegas
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 09:18:16 am »

^^ lolz, what's that doing here ::)

Sounds like a grand experience, and well-worth the money.  Shame about the GT-R, it's a true track monster, but not as exotic.  For $149, I'd take that instead of $499 for what I can only assume is the new Lambo.  I would consider taking the 458 if I never had to look at the gaping maw up front.

A unique experience and one that I hope to go do some day...if autos.ca ever sends me to these things ;D

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 09:51:33 am »

^^ lolz, what's that doing here ::)

Sounds like a grand experience, and well-worth the money.  Shame about the GT-R, it's a true track monster, but not as exotic.  For $149, I'd take that instead of $499 for what I can only assume is the new Lambo.  I would consider taking the 458 if I never had to look at the gaping maw up front.

A unique experience and one that I hope to go do some day...if autos.ca ever sends me to these things ;D

The $149 for the GT-R sounds like an add-on if you've already driven another car. They advertise it at $249 on their web site.

Was going to do this when I was in Vegas last year but we were never sober.  ;D

Offline whaddaiknow

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +185/-4812
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 09:52:40 am »
AWESOME!!!
Bucket list updated.
 :skid:

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 10:00:37 am »
Ok, so do something on the cheap for Lap #1-5, then add 5 laps with the GT-R for the discounted rate ;D

Does the discount apply if you do the $99 ride-a-long first ;)?

Offline lebowski

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +96/-70
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Car: '06 Legacy GT Wagon 5-speed. Rich corinthian leather upholstery. Roof rack. AM/FM/CD.
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 10:56:41 am »
Awesome! Great write-up. I did EXR last July. Dollar-for-dollar, a simply incredible experience. I think it’s a no-brainer for anyone even remotely interested in cars.

Haney, I’m assuming you have magnitudes more road & track experience than me, but even so were you not amazed by the abilities of the Cayenne - or rather the instructors driving it - in the intruductory hot laps?? I was just blown away.

Note for those considering doing this: one thing I regret not ponying up for: driving a second, slower car first. As someone with zero track experience, i jumped straight into the 430 Scuderia, and as amazing as it was - and it *was* amazing - it would've been that much more fun if i'd started off with something a bit more tame. If I had to do it over again, I would've started off with a Cayman, THEN the 430 Scuderia. And I would've ponied up for the GT3 as well. And while we're at it, I wouldn't have let it all ride on 17-Black :P

Offline SaskSpecV

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +87/-149
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Subaru Forester Touring 6MT, 2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLsport 5MT, 2009 GMC Sierra 2500 6.0L
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 12:17:16 pm »
I always see the ad for this company in the back of every Car & Driver, and daydream about which cars I'd take on the track.  Lebowski's advice sounds very wise - start with a less powerful car, then work your way up. 

Cayman, then 458? Or Cayman, then Gallardo? Or Vette then R8? But the Aston Martin looks so pretty too...
And for only $149, can you really afford to NOT add on the GT-R?? ;D
Who's kidding who, I'm too cheap to drop $500+ for a half hour of (ridiculously awesome) entertainment... :'(

Shame that there are no manual transmission options, but it's totally understandable.  I'm sure replacement & maintenance costs are ridiculous enough as is, much less replacing blown up trannies!

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 02:24:46 pm »
plus half of these exotics don't even offer row your own anymore... just not as fast and not as durable sometimes...

looks like fun for sure... 9 guys averaging 500 a pop for what, an hour of entertainment? as ridiculous as it sounds, 4500 could maybe be spent in a more frugal way... but this would provide as many vegas memories as a dead hooker... in a good way... wait, what?

seems like the issue is that a one time thing, it seems justifiable... bucket list stuff... but as everyone i know who has done it can attest.. all it does is make you want to do it again!

hell... i'd be more thinking 400 bones to do double the laps in the gt-r... to me it's not about being in something exotic, it's about going fast.. and the nissan would do a pretty damn respectable job of that... add the extra laps and maybe i could actually make the most of the car.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now