Author Topic: First Drive: 2014 Ford Fiesta ST  (Read 30552 times)

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
Re: First Drive: 2014 Ford Fiesta ST
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2013, 10:08:07 am »
if forced induction, run premium. Even if it is designed for 87, it will run better and stronger on premium. I am sure Jaeger could do an experiment with his Sonata 2.0T and a dyno/ fuel mileage calc. My Saab certainly loved premium when not tuned, and was rated at 87 octane.

Also never ever put ethanol in a high compression or forced induction engine, unless it is tuned for it. Will eat injectors after a while and causes turbo cars to suck.

V Power rocks, only gas I fill the picky Saab and super picky Alfa with. No ethanol 91 octane.

Depends on if your injectors are compatible with ethanol.  I know on my 300zx, the early style injectors were not and would die rather quickly, but later style injectors are.  How does ethanol cause turbo cars to suck? If you are tuned for 94 ethanol, it makes a nice difference on power / torque versus the non-ethanol 91.  But I would only run it if you are tuned for it.

like I said, only run it if you are tuned for it...like I said. Otherwise agree.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline Neely2005

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +1/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Fiesta ST
« Reply #101 on: May 02, 2014, 03:09:47 pm »
So this thing drinks premium and still uses semi independent rear torsion beam suspension?

The Owners Manual says 87 Octane (it's direct injection) the Owners Manual also says that you can use higher Octane for more power.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 03:13:52 pm by Neely2005 »

Offline Neely2005

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 02, 2014, 03:17:20 pm »
Ford Canada website lists premium as recommended for the Fiesta ST. However, in the technical specs provided to media, 87 octane is the minimum. 91+ is only recommended.

The Owners Manual (and the Fiesta ST Supplement) don't use the word "recommend". They both say 87 Octane and they both say that you can run higher Octane for more power.

Offline Neely2005

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2014, 03:27:21 pm »
FRS?

200 horses, RWD.....no problem with premium in that.

Your money... FRS or Fiesta ST?

FRS...no ifs, and or butts about it. It would be a great little toy for the weekends. While I really like the little Fiesta....the FRS is rwd, that makes it inherently better. Not saying the Fiesta is a POS, but the FRS would be more fun, IMO anyways.

Fiesta ST beat it on the track. Search YouTube for:

Ford Fiesta ST vs Toyota GT86 | evo TRACK BATTLE

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2014, 03:41:15 pm »
Welcome new user who came to be butthurt about Fiesta ST comments! ;D We've been waiting. Yes, our comments were directly targeted at you.