Author Topic: What happened to Trainman.  (Read 1881 times)

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-436
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
What happened to Trainman.
« on: September 17, 2019, 11:42:20 pm »
Hasn't been here all of 2019. New Years Resolution?

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
What happened to Trainman.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 09:20:05 pm »
Interesting question.  He was last active on the site on December 24, 2018, according to the member web page.

It seems we lose a few members every year, sometimes for a while, sometimes permanently.

Another is No-San.  I haven’t seen him on the site in over a year, or so it seems to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7199
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to Trainman.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 09:50:55 pm »
Interesting question.  He was last active on the site on December 24, 2018, according to the member web page.

It seems we lose a few members every year, sometimes for a while, sometimes permanently.

Another is No-San.  I haven’t seen him on the site in over a year, or so it seems to me.

Didn't his departure coincide with his marriage?   :rofl: :rofl2:
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 10:57:44 pm »

He was already married for a year , maybe something to do with the tires he bought  ???

Didn't his departure coincide with his marriage?   :rofl: :rofl2:

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 09:28:03 am »
No-san was pretty tied up with work, the last I heard. I'm pretty sure that he was getting sick of being badgered too.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2019, 09:40:46 am »
No sign of mmret recently either...but he has multiple kids and is probably busy getting rich...good man.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2019, 01:14:11 pm »
No-san was pretty tied up with work, the last I heard. I'm pretty sure that he was getting sick of being badgered too.
He's pretty busy with work & helping out his buddy who inherited the Buick, who's going through some health issues. I hear from him now & then. He was in Ottawa back in late July, but we never gotta chance to catch up for a beer.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2019, 05:24:37 pm »
Our friend LowerLevel (Den) with the heart problems never logged back in after his surgery a few years ago.  I often wonder what happened to him.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2019, 06:19:23 pm »
Our friend LowerLevel (Den) with the heart problems never logged back in after his surgery a few years ago.  I often wonder what happened to him.

Yeah, I think he was in Owen Sound, but nobody knew him IRL.   

Sadly, I can only assume what happened.
Mr Pickypants

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2019, 07:52:53 pm »

I always liked his posts.
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7199
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2019, 08:00:03 pm »

What about that other guy....who used to have the remote control boats and frequently posted about his DVD purchases and interesting models and sci-fi toys?

I forget his name now...but did try contacting him after he didn't turn up for a bit...but was unsuccessful.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2019, 09:00:19 pm »

What about that other guy....who used to have the remote control boats and frequently posted about his DVD purchases and interesting models and sci-fi toys?

I forget his name now...but did try contacting him after he didn't turn up for a bit...but was unsuccessful.

Dexer wasn't it? IIRC, he had some health issues, although I can't recall what they were.

Too bad Northernridge and SaskspecV don't post any more either.  I routinely don't post for weeks at a time, but I'll still pop in every so often.
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing