Author Topic: Test Drive: 2012 BMW M6 Cabriolet  (Read 6481 times)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Re: Test Drive: 2012 BMW M6 Cabriolet
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2012, 06:49:49 am »
Was in Dubrovnik last year and inside the wall the public wc was a hole in ground, it was made of stainless steel  :rofl2:

Offline tinnemeneer

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +12/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2012, 10:11:55 am »
Was in Dubrovnik last year and inside the wall the public wc was a hole in ground, it was made of stainless steel  :rofl2:

I suppose Canadians are using hole-in-soil during the summer (which week was that this year ?) and hole-in-ice during winter but you have to admire the croatians for at least trying to give you that right at home feeling. :P

Or more serious; these kind of toilets are not uncommon in France, Italy and Croatia but modern toilets are almost always 'normal'.

If the toilet is the only thing you remembered you are a strange person. :)

Offline tinnemeneer

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2012, 10:23:19 am »
"High maintenance girlfriend " is an archetype. The term is interchangeable with "supermodel"  or in England "WAG"
The French Riviera is also an archetype for a lifestyle that 99% of us cannot hope to attain without breaking the bank for the rest of living!
 I have no problem with the 6-series but I wouldn't buy one for myself as I am not  a convertible car person.

As for Croatia.  I remember friends in the UK used to go to Dubrovnik and reckoned it was a great place but it was Yugoslavia in those days.   Me, I am a French Pays Basque person... that is my idea of a perfect holiday, in a rented or owned villa/apartment, not a hotel ( I hate all hotels)

A rented villa.. that's like so high maintenence :)

I understand what you meant, but my point is that my wife is not a supermodel and we certainly cannot afford the St. Tropez lifestyle but that's not stopping me from enjoying every second in my cabriolet V8.
I was never into convertibles until I drove one 2 years ago on a freezing misty day. That was fun and terrible but mostly fun. :)
Try it, you might be surprised.

I love Basque but I prefer sunny weather when on vacation. Probably a tent/cabriolet thing. :)

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2012, 11:15:44 am »
Tinnemeneer,  I come from the UK. I owned a bug-eye Sprite and an MGB. I know all about driving convertibles in rain,mist,fog and even snow and I choose not to do it any more.  I am glad you love your 645...really just not for me. In the price range that 6-ers cost in Canada I'd rather have  an M3 coupe .

I like the scenery around me to stay green even in late August and as I don't camp ( tried that as well in the UK and Canada) I don't really mind some rain....after all I was brought up with rain, it is an essential  part of vacation in the UK.  ;D
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline tinnemeneer

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2012, 04:51:51 pm »
Tinnemeneer,  I come from the UK. I owned a bug-eye Sprite and an MGB. I know all about driving convertibles in rain,mist,fog and even snow and I choose not to do it any more.  I am glad you love your 645...really just not for me. In the price range that 6-ers cost in Canada I'd rather have  an M3 coupe .

I like the scenery around me to stay green even in late August and as I don't camp ( tried that as well in the UK and Canada) I don't really mind some rain....after all I was brought up with rain, it is an essential  part of vacation in the UK.  ;D

Fair enough :)
I was brought up with sunny vacations in Tsjechoslowakia and Yugoslavia and rain for the rest of the year so for me seeing the sun equals vacation. When the surroundings are green when on holiday, I'm often worried. :)

Another thing though; I have friends with an MX5 and Honda S2000 and I think they share your MGB and Sprite experience. The 645 is for woosies; the air conditioning/heater is so powerful that even with 15 degrees Celcius I can drive it in a t-shirt and the soft top closes automatically making it as comfortable as any normal car.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 05:22:19 pm »
The MGB had a heater that worked. The Sprite had a tap under the hood, you turned it on in the fall and off in the spring!

Putting on or taking off the Sprite top involved getting out from behind the seats, finding the metalwork there also and erecting it...needed some strength when the material was cold and took a few minutes at any time. Then clip the side windows into place on the doors.  The MGB was at least always attached to the car.

Don't tell anyone but if we had done our exploratory trip to Canada and arrived in TO in July instead of December we might never have come to live here. It is usually too hot for me...I am like a Germanium transistor, like a steady cool temperature.

Offline tinnemeneer

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2012, 02:49:02 am »
It is usually too hot for me...I am like a Germanium transistor, like a steady cool temperature.

You should buy a 6 series and crawl into in, you can't imagine how many transistors already did. :)

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2012, 05:21:53 am »
If I am ever in Holland again I will look you up and buy you a drink.  :cheers:  Everybody knows that BMWs are full of  Silicon transistors that can stand the heat when the AC breaks.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2012, 08:15:22 am »

I suppose Canadians are using hole-in-soil during the summer (which week was that this year ?) and hole-in-ice during winter but you have to admire the croatians for at least trying to give you that right at home feeling. :P

Or more serious; these kind of toilets are not uncommon in France, Italy and Croatia but modern toilets are almost always 'normal'.

If the toilet is the only thing you remembered you are a strange person. :)
A hole in ground in the bush is one thing , to have in a city is another thing
The thing that stands out about the old city of Dubrovnik , beautifully rebuilt ,  is what a tourist caught it is
Reebok store , Nike stores in 1000 year old buildings  ::)