Author Topic: What should I use?  (Read 6248 times)

Tmlgrl

What should I use?
« on: May 30, 2005, 10:18:37 pm »
I have a few scratches on my civic and want to "hide" them Sort of speak.  During the summer time I LOVE working on my car like washing and waxing it so now that the tempature is warming up I'm starting to wash my car more frequently.  I'm looking for suggestions on products to use to hide the scratches or even get them out of sight.  Also, I noticed my paint on the bumper is chipping, is there anything I can use to cover that up too? any help would be appreciated

Hondasalesguy

What should I use?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 10:26:21 pm »
Auto parts stores used to sell color matched buffing wax, you could try that out if its still available.

Barrie1

What should I use?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 11:27:49 pm »
You may be able to pick up a small bottle of matching paint from the dealer. Sometimes they can make it up in a small spray can as well as in the bottle. You can apply either one yourself.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
What should I use?
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 06:48:37 am »
For the BODY Get a paint pen from   www.autovisuals.com  work REALLY well and easier to use than the little bottles. They have practically all factory colours and clearcoat as well

For a plastic bumper? maybe the little bottles or an aerosol can ?
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline The Fuzz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1/-2
  • Will not fix tickets for donuts, carrots or b**bs.
    • View Profile
What should I use?
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 07:40:59 am »
For minor scratches I use Meguiars Scratch-X. Seems to work for me.

(Message edited by City_Pig on May 31, 2005)
Everyone hates us until they need us.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
What should I use?
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 08:00:02 am »
Community Plus, are all your replies going to be of the genre, "give me your car, I'll set it on fire and crash it!" or do you actually want to talk about autos..?

P.S. City, I've heard that Meguiars is very good also.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Tmlgrl

What should I use?
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 11:37:23 pm »
Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it :D