Author Topic: 1010Tires  (Read 8579 times)

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
1010Tires
« on: March 22, 2013, 08:49:34 am »
"Well. I googled these V rated Toyo's and found mostly positive comments on the Touareg and BMW X5 forums so I decided to give them a try. 1010tires.com is offering free shipping right now and with that they seem to be competitive with tirerack's prices shipped to a depot in the US and cheaper than tireracks pricing for shipment to Canada. 

Maybe the US price advantage is starting to fade?

I also considered Pirelli Zero Asymmetrical (265/45/20 108H ) and Tirerack was $307.25 freight included to Calais Maine (200 kms roundtrip to pick them up) while 1010Tires was $312 per tire with free shipping right to my door. I didn't check Tirerack price shipped to Canada but I'm guessing it would add at least another 20-25 dollars per tire."

I posted the above in another thread on this board. I was pleasantly surprised to see a tire supplier in Canada finally appear to be competitive with Tirerack and decided to support them. I'm now thinking while they may be competitive on price they have a long way to go on customer service. I placed the order on March 14 around 10 AM (items were shown as "in stock". As of this morning they are still showing as "not yet shipped" Two calls to 1010tires resulted in an automated answering system that led only to voicemail. A third call finally got through Wednesday ( I suspect because I selected "place an order" rather than "check on an order") and was told the order was sent to their Ontario centre and I should see it "sometime next week"  ???
Contrast this with Tirerack's same or next day shipping and 48 hour delivery times to the parcel receiving service I use in Calais Maine. I've also never not been able to speak to a helpful customer service agent anytime I've had occasion to call.

I would prefer to support Canadian business but it seems everytime I try I end up regretting it for one reason or another.  :-\
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
Re: 1010Tires
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 09:26:11 am »
I would prefer to support Canadian business but it seems everytime I try I end up regretting it for one reason or another.  :-\

Canadian business love to understaff and in a lot of instances, have no clue as to how to train or enable their employees to provide top-notch customer service.  Staff are usually hampered by silly rules, scripts, and other nonsense.  When we worked with firms that dealt with retail customers, we typically left the project without the company making any service improvements.

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 10:12:10 am »
I used tiretrends this winter for the blizzacks on my truck.  Prices with shipping for my particular tire couldn't be matched by anyone, including Costco.  The tires were on backorder for a couple of weeks, and in those couple of weeks I called a couple of times to check in on the status and I had no trouble getting a real person on the line.  I was pleased with the customer service.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline SaskSpecV

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +87/-149
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Subaru Forester Touring 6MT, 2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLsport 5MT, 2009 GMC Sierra 2500 6.0L
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 03:35:08 pm »
I used tiretrends this winter for the blizzacks on my truck.  Prices with shipping for my particular tire couldn't be matched by anyone, including Costco.  The tires were on backorder for a couple of weeks, and in those couple of weeks I called a couple of times to check in on the status and I had no trouble getting a real person on the line.  I was pleased with the customer service.

So I'm not the only person in S'toon running DM-V1s from tiretrends on my truck!  Yeah, I thought their customer service was fine (no incidents good or bad), I'd order from them again.

Sailor, I totally agree with your conclusion about tirerack's customer service, it's A++.  There was a specific rim I was interested in for the Elantra (16" MSW I think), but it wouldn't come up on their configurator due to "improper fit for that vehicle".  But the specs of the rim (bolt pattern, offset, etc.) looked like it should fit fine, so I called and asked about it.  A fellow (Jonas? Jonah?) talked to me about it, sent the specs to their CAD techs who double-checked it, and sure enough they confirmed that the fit would be no problem.  They added those rims to their online configurator, I ordered them, they fit great, and I've been really happy with them.  I still try to support the local guys (Kal Tire, who also give really good service -but at an exhorbitant price), but it's hard to NOT support tirerack after customer service like that.

Wasn't 1010tires a forum sponsor for a time?  Whatever happened to that?

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 04:35:31 pm »
"Wasn't 1010tires a forum sponsor for a time?  Whatever happened to that?"

I think they got tired reading posts about how great Tirerack was and about how much better the US prices were.  ;D

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2114
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 04:47:51 pm »
"Wasn't 1010tires a forum sponsor for a time?  Whatever happened to that?"

I think they got tired reading posts about how great Tirerack was and about how much better the US prices were.  ;D

:rofl2: That doesnt sound too far fetched at all.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 01:10:25 pm »
"Well. I googled these V rated Toyo's and found mostly positive comments on the Touareg and BMW X5 forums so I decided to give them a try. 1010tires.com is offering free shipping right now and with that they seem to be competitive with tirerack's prices shipped to a depot in the US and cheaper than tireracks pricing for shipment to Canada. 

I also considered Pirelli Zero Asymmetrical (265/45/20 108H ) and Tirerack was $307.25 freight included to Calais Maine (200 kms roundtrip to pick them up) while 1010Tires was $312 per tire with free shipping right to my door. I didn't check Tirerack price shipped to Canada but I'm guessing it would add at least another 20-25 dollars per tire."

I posted the above in another thread on this board. I was pleasantly surprised to see a tire supplier in Canada finally appear to be competitive with Tirerack and decided to support them. I'm now thinking while they may be competitive on price they have a long way to go on customer service. I placed the order on March 14 around 10 AM (items were shown as "in stock". As of this morning they are still showing as "not yet shipped" Two calls to 1010tires resulted in an automated answering system that led only to voicemail. A third call finally got through Wednesday ( I suspect because I selected "place an order" rather than "check on an order") and was told the order was sent to their Ontario centre and I should see it "sometime next week"  ???
Contrast this with Tirerack's same or next day shipping and 48 hour delivery times to the parcel receiving service I use in Calais Maine. I've also never not been able to speak to a helpful customer service agent anytime I've had occasion to call.

I've ordered one set of winter tires and a set of winter tires and rims from them.  I recall it was very hard to get a human being on the phone, too.  The price was right and they were reasonably speedy in the delivery process though.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 01:38:13 pm »

I've ordered one set of winter tires and a set of winter tires and rims from them.  I recall it was very hard to get a human being on the phone, too.  The price was right and they were reasonably speedy in the delivery process though.

One thing I have noticed is that their shipping charges in Canada are about half of what Tirerack charges for orders within the US ....unusual.  I'm guessing they must use some sort of ultra economy (really slow) service vs TR's 36-48 hour delivery times anywhere in the lower 48.

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +70/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Honda CR-V (The Green Machine)
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 07:47:44 pm »
Wasn't 1010tires a forum sponsor for a time?  Whatever happened to that?

First it was Tire Trends then 1010tires took over after TT stopped frequenting the forum.  It looks like 1010 has flown the coop as well.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 07:35:24 pm »
So.......the tires showed up on Thursday....14 days after I ordered. 1010tires actually took 11 days from when I placed the order until they shipped. Not what I would call stellar service. 

To top it off I have since found another US online seller (Tirerack doesn't offer these Toyos) selling the same tire for about $90 less per tire  (about $60/tire less after shipping)

I guess the Canadian sellers aren't getting more competitive.  :-[

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 08:09:34 pm »

To top it off I have since found another US online seller (Tirerack doesn't offer these Toyos) selling the same tire for about $90 less per tire  (about $60/tire less after shipping)

Name some names dood...

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 10:02:07 am »

Name some names dood...

Treaddepot.com

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 01:07:44 pm »
Anyone have any recent experience with 1010tires?

Looking for wheels and tires for Mrs. BC's MDX.  I'd like to buy locally but out of the 3 tire shops I went to they are at least $500 more expensive.  Costco is a no go as they don't sell any winters with the same speed rating as the MDX, and hence won't mount them.  Unless I just buy they tires and wheels from them and get them mounted elsewhere. 

I should mention that I did call 1010tires as I had a question about the TPMS sensors they sell, and I did get a human on the line right away.  That was a positive.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 02:39:13 pm »
They did annoy me last year when I was going to buy some wheels from them, I had them picked out and was waiting on winter tires, when the tires finally came in I ordered the wheels from 1010, that's when they told me they didn't have sufficient weight ratings so couldn't use them, even though they are still listed on their site to this day as fitment for a Cayenne.

So, don't expect them to actually have what you want until you order, then they check. 
Pi$$ed me off as I had to put my new summer tires on my winter rims.
Mr Pickypants

Offline craigq

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +12/-9
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 17FozXT, 18MiragePOS
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2016, 05:06:05 pm »
Edit: forgot, the below was 1010Tires last fall...

They shipped the wheels/tires without emailing shipping information prior to it, I explicitly asked for it so I could be home when the shipping company knocked on the door. I wasn't, so I had to go to the depot halfway across town to collect them, negating one of the two benefits versus picking something out locally.

They also shipped me the wrong hub-centric rings for Subaru/Enkei's, I emailed them, their customer service rep shipped out the proper ones.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 06:43:29 pm by craigq »

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2016, 06:40:20 pm »
Friend bought Enkei rims for his Golf R...everything was packed nicely and they arrived on time, no surprises!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2016, 06:58:43 pm »
These guys seem to have good prices!

https://www.4tires.ca

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....