Author Topic: Test Drive: 2017 Honda Ridgeline  (Read 6465 times)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Re: Test Drive: 2017 Honda Ridgeline
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2016, 05:24:15 pm »
I really like the new RL.  Now that the flying buttresses are gone, styling is fine.  And the functionality is still top-notch.

More than ever I'm gravitating towards the midsize truck class - especially RL and Coloranyon.  Right sized cabin, more than enough capability for most ppl, and the narrower width (and shorter height) appeals to me.  The 2500 is so awkward in comparison - a beast to get the kids in and/out of, rough riding, has little room in the back, such a fuel pig, etc. 

But damn can it tow 9000+ lbs of horse & gooseneck trailer!

Holy $hit! Twice in a day!  Never done that.  Ya I know, I don't drive an HD truck....Or a tank!

My last work truck was a 2007 2500HD and it did haul well, and liked to swill gas for sure. It also had a small tank, so I was filling up almost daily, and often twice.  Great sounding engine though!  ;D

The seats were some of the worst I've ever sat on though, which made it uncomfortable as hell on a long trip.  :P

The flying buttress was the achillies heel of the last design for me, so nice to see that gone, and this one looks much better in the flesh.

Not hard to do when hauling 7000 lb trailer a few hundred kms and back the same day.
If a work truck is getting filled up a lot, it means you busy and making money

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2016, 05:57:06 pm »
I really like the new RL.  Now that the flying buttresses are gone, styling is fine.  And the functionality is still top-notch.

More than ever I'm gravitating towards the midsize truck class - especially RL and Coloranyon.  Right sized cabin, more than enough capability for most ppl, and the narrower width (and shorter height) appeals to me.  The 2500 is so awkward in comparison - a beast to get the kids in and/out of, rough riding, has little room in the back, such a fuel pig, etc. 

Holy $hit! Twice in a day!  Never done that.  Ya I know, I don't drive an HD truck....Or a tank!

My last work truck was a 2007 2500HD and it did haul well, and liked to swill gas for sure. It also had a small tank, so I was filling up almost daily, and often twice.  Great sounding engine though!  ;D

The seats were some of the worst I've ever sat on though, which made it uncomfortable as hell on a long trip.  :P

The flying buttress was the achillies heel of the last design for me, so nice to see that gone, and this one looks much better in the flesh.

Not hard to do when hauling 7000 lb trailer a few hundred kms and back the same day.

Well, busy for sure!  ;D

We now have to submit gas receipts via this shitty little app that crashes all the time, so the less I have to fill, the better.  The f-150 has a much bigger tank than the old Sierra.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 05:59:21 pm by KDS2K »

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2016, 06:00:39 pm »

Well, busy for sure!  ;D

We now have to submit gas receipts via this shitty little app that crashes all the time, so the less I have to fill, the better.  The f-150 has a much bigger tank than the old Sierra.
No gas card ?

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2016, 06:13:16 pm »

Well, busy for sure!  ;D

No gas card ?

Yes, but I have to submit a photo of my receipt and save the hard copy as well.  Also, my gas, corporate and personal cards all look the same, which can be confusing sometimes.   :P.