Author Topic: Stupid cops !  (Read 3974 times)

Offline Cord

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +104/-115
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid cops !
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2015, 07:16:03 pm »
Around here, if there are no injuries and the cars are driveable, the police aren't coming anyway. Take a photo and gtfo!

Sometimes I can't believe the extreme danger I see people putting themselves in over a cracked bumper - like standing between the damaged cars on sheer ice, just waiting to be crushed by the next car that slides in.
"If we can just believe something then we don't have to really think for ourselves, do we?" Paul Haggis

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7199
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2015, 07:21:39 pm »
Around here, if there are no injuries and the cars are driveable, the police aren't coming anyway. Take a photo and gtfo!

Sometimes I can't believe the extreme danger I see people putting themselves in over a cracked bumper - like standing between the damaged cars on sheer ice, just waiting to be crushed by the next car that slides in.

If damage is over $1000...you need to call the police here.

And absolutely...stay far away from crashed cars...especially if on a highway.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2015, 04:55:38 pm »
Dealt with Ottawa Police Re an iffy situation, we had moved our cars, but I totally understand the reluctance to do it.

It was a nuisance dealing with insurance and police, that's for sure.

I'm not worried about police...more the insurance company.  Plus if you're driving a 911, it might already be assumed you were driving like a race car driver.  So yea, I'd be reluctant.

Based on my experience, I'm worried about the cops as well as the insurance.   They don't all know the Highway Traffic Act and charge people based on how they feel, not necessarily the law.  The courts will sort it out later, maybe.
Mr Pickypants

Offline JacobBlack

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +440/-499
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Ford F-150
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2015, 05:00:18 pm »

Which is the most arse-backward and arcane rule there is. You should have to REPORT it, sure, but don't people think cops have enough work to pretend to do?

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1424/-2114
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2015, 05:18:04 pm »

Which is the most arse-backward and arcane rule there is. You should have to REPORT it, sure, but don't people think cops have enough work to pretend to do?

And especially given how cars of today are made out unicorn silk, $1000 bucks is nothing.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
Stupid cops !
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2015, 05:22:23 pm »
You have to report it.   Cops won't show up anymore.   If there are no injuries move car and go to a reporting station