Author Topic: Test drive of a petrol car - Tesla Club Sweden  (Read 2553 times)

Offline bye

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +313/-518
    • View Profile
Test drive of a petrol car - Tesla Club Sweden
« on: May 07, 2015, 07:24:28 pm »
http://teslaclubsweden.se/test-drive-of-a-petrol-car/

When we came to a stop the engine continued to run and the car vibrate – even though the car was standing still! The engine continued to burn gasoline without moving the car forward. Can it really be true? Yes, the seller explained, it is so with gasoline cars: the engine is always running and burning gasoline – even when the car is stationary.

LOL!

Very funny.  Imagine a world where electric cars are the norm, and you go out to test drive a gas powered car.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7199
    • View Profile
Re: Test drive of a petrol car - Tesla Club Sweden
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 07:29:41 pm »

When we came to a stop the engine continued to run and the car vibrate – even though the car was standing still! The engine continued to burn gasoline without moving the car forward. Can it really be true? Yes, the seller explained, it is so with gasoline cars: the engine is always running and burning gasoline – even when the car is stationary.

LOL!

Very funny.  Imagine a world where electric cars are the norm, and you go out to test drive a gas powered car.

Not a world I want to live in....
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Online PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 12:57:43 pm »
Heh. Hilarious. It's all what you are used to.

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +478/-1164
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 01:00:00 pm »

LOL!

Not a world I want to live in....

He wrote "where electric cars are the norm"; not that you would be forced to own or drive one...

Offline JacobBlack

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +440/-499
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Ford F-150
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 01:05:58 pm »
I liked this piece a lot! Funny as hell, and also some really good points. I come more and more around to the idea that electric cars will actually be awesome every day. Mostly because some of them already are.

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-388
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 01:09:22 pm »
I ride a motorcycle in a country where cars are the norm. *shrugs*

Online PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 01:23:43 pm »
Having that electric skateboard opened my eyes quite a lot. Light, powerful, instant torque, quick charging and a slim battery hidden in the board itself will take me 20 km at what is a pretty hefty speed for that type of thing.

And electrics just seem to be getting better and better every year.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 05:49:27 pm »
I agree - I think the ICE's days are numbered.  The simplicity of the EV makes SO much sense -and as range increases and charging times go down, they're going to eventually be the norm.  Not in five years or anything, but for off in the future, they will be it.

Regardless of grid fuel, the grid/EV combo is more efficient that an ICE.  And as renewables take over the grid, a combination of renewable generation and auto EVs will be pretty awesome.

Enthusiasts need not to fret.  Tesla shows us that EVs can be awesome.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 07:03:03 pm »
Funny. Just like a child or a teen might ask, when shown a tape recorder, why it's memory cards are so large and have holes in them  :rofl2:

Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.