Author Topic: 2007 Hyundai Entourage Winter Tires  (Read 2870 times)

bizzy928

2007 Hyundai Entourage Winter Tires
« on: February 01, 2008, 09:52:52 pm »
Hello all,

The current stock Kumho Solus OEM tires on the Entourage are not cutting it snow. I was looking on TireRack.com and saw a set of "Winterforce M+S" on closeout for $62 usd. Shipped to Canada will be about $100 total after all taxes, duties, and shipping fees. For a tire of this size, I find it a great deal.

I have two concerns:

1) As a "close-out" tire, does that mean its being discontinued? If so, I wouldn't like to get the set because if I blowout one tire/get a irreplaceable flat, then the whole set is garbage. Does anyone know the manufacturer of Winterforce M+S? I would like to call them and ask.

2) Does anyone know where I could get steel wheels for this vehicle? I have searched many places with no success. It probably has to do with its sizing, and the fact that its a 6-bolt pattern.

Thanks!

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
Re: 2007 Hyundai Entourage Winter Tires
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 11:11:53 pm »
"Close out" might simply mean that they are getting ready for spring time.  Stocking new inventory means clearing out old inventory and as winter is now more than half over it seems a reasonable situation.  Of course you are right to ask the question.

Why not email Tire Rack?

EDIT:  I just checked the available winter tires for my vehicle and it lists almost all choices as "close out", including the Michelin X-Ice.  Given that, I would think you are safe with the Winterforce.  However, contact them to be sure. :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 11:15:46 pm by random006 »
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +70/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Honda CR-V (The Green Machine)
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 11:40:17 am »
Firestone makes the Winterforce.  A few tires shops in my area sell them.  For the price they do the job fairly well.  A bit noisy, however.

morty

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 12:30:29 am »
Winterforce is a current tire and think it will be available next season. Haven't heard anything about it being discontinued.