Author Topic: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset  (Read 2312685 times)

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
Re: The things that make me sad, angry, and upset
« Reply #6500 on: April 22, 2017, 02:02:47 pm »
Just saw my neighbour from down the street, he was having a yard sale.  Haven't seen him outside in a while and now I know why.   About 1-1/2 years ago he developed  a severe reaction to UV light, he can't go out uncovered for even a few minutes.  He has to wear long shirts, gloves and a large hat with some sort of facemask/hood  and sunglasses.
Now that sucks.
Mr Pickypants

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #6501 on: April 22, 2017, 02:15:20 pm »
Just saw my neighbour from down the street, he was having a yard sale.  Haven't seen him outside in a while and now I know why.   About 1-1/2 years ago he developed  a severe reaction to UV light, he can't go out uncovered for even a few minutes.  He has to wear long shirts, gloves and a large hat with some sort of facemask/hood  and sunglasses.
Now that sucks.
My neighbors call me "Vampire", as they rarely see me in the day. After having worked midnights for the last 20 years, I'm sensitive to bright sun and pretty much dress as your neighbor does when I know I'll be in the sun.

On a positive note, my skin hasn't aged like my peers because of my lack of sun exposure.

Even so...bummer story.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Lower Level

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +40/-82
  • Roadrash
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale, 1989 Dodge B250 aka The BEAST.
« Reply #6502 on: April 22, 2017, 05:33:19 pm »
This is why it's so infuriating that in Ontario, if a second driver gets licensed in a multi car household they assign one car to the extra driver automatically.

Oh, NO THANKS!
I refuse to pay for someone else's careless driving habits. They want to drive, they can get their OWN cars and their OWN insurance. Is that even possible anymore?
Den
Reporter: "How does it feel being Henry Ford II?"
HF II: "I wouldn't know, I've never been anyone else."

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #6503 on: April 22, 2017, 05:45:45 pm »
This is why it's so infuriating that in Ontario, if a second driver gets licensed in a multi car household they assign one car to the extra driver automatically.

Oh, NO THANKS!
I refuse to pay for someone else's careless driving habits. They want to drive, they can get their OWN cars and their OWN insurance. Is that even possible anymore?

A friend got around it by saying his son was living with his grandmother, which was partially true.  Kind of a gray area though.
 If the second driver does have their own vehicle and insurance they don't go on yours.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #6504 on: April 22, 2017, 08:43:08 pm »
The day the kid gets her license, our insurance goes up dramatically regardless of whether she would be driving our cars or not.  Every legally licensed driver in the household must be on the policy.  Stupid.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #6505 on: April 22, 2017, 11:01:39 pm »
Here in NB, if there are multiple vehicles, they assign one per driver until they run out of drivers or vehicles. No big deal anyway.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: April 22, 2017, 11:14:47 pm »
Here in NB, if there are multiple vehicles, they assign one per driver until they run out of drivers or vehicles. No big deal anyway.

No big deal because NB insurance is cheap, not so in Ontario.  Can add hundreds, if not thousands to your policy cost.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: April 23, 2017, 02:54:58 am »
Sorry...late to the party.  Reading: Refined Carbs...List.
http://www.diagnosisdiet.com/refined-carbohydrate-list/

Table sugar/white sugar (aka sucrose; may be cane sugar or beet sugar)
    Confectioner’s sugar (powdered white sugar)
    Honey (Even though honey exists in nature and isn’t refined, it is a pure sugar that is difficult to obtain in significant quantities without special equipment or risk. Honey affects our health in exactly the same way that other sugars do.)
    Agave syrup
    Corn syrup and high-fructose corn syrup
    Brown sugar
    Molasses
    Maple syrup
    Fructose
    Brown rice syrup
    Maltose
    Glucose syrup
    Tapioca syrup
    Rice bran syrup
    Malt syrup
    Dextran
    Sorghum
    Treacle
    Panela
    Saccharose
    Carob syrup
    Dextrose, dextran, dextrin, maltodextrin
don't know what any of those are so I'm good, obviously I don't eat them.  ;D :banana:
    Fruit juice concentrates

All desserts except whole fruit
        Ice cream, sherbet, frozen yogurt, etc
        Most breads
        Many crackers (100% stone-ground whole grain crackers are less refined)
        Cookies
        Cakes
        Muffins
        Pancakes
        Waffles
        Pies
        Pastries
        Candy
        Chocolate (dark, milk and white). Baker’s chocolate is unsweetened and is therefore an exception.
        Breaded or battered foods
        All types of dough (phyllo, pie crust, etc)
        Most cereals except for unsweetened, 100% whole grain cereals in which you can see the whole grains in their entirety with the naked eye (unsweetened muesli, rolled oats, or unsweetened puffed grain cereals are good examples)
        Most pastas, noodles and couscous
        Jello® (sugar-free varieties exist but it’s much healthier to make your own with unsweetened gelatin and fresh fruit)
        Jellies, jams and preserves
        Bagels
        Pretzels
        Pizza (because of the flour in the dough)
        Puddings and custards
        Corn chips
        Caramel corn and kettle corn
        Most granola bars, power bars, energy bars, etc (unless labelled sugar-free).
        Rice wrappers
        Tortillas (unless 100% stone-ground whole grain)
        Most rice cakes and corn cakes (unless labelled 100% whole grain)
        Panko crumbs
        Croutons
        Fried vegetable snacks like green beans and carrot chips (usually contain added dextrin, a sweet starch)
        Ketchup
        Honey mustard
        Most barbecue sauces
        Check labels on salsa, tomato sauces, salad dressings and other jarred/canned sauces for sugar/sweeteners
        Sweetened yogurts and other sweetened dairy products
        Honey-roasted nuts
        Sweetened sodas
        Chocolate milk (and other sweetened milks)
        Condensed milk
        Hot cocoa
        Most milk substitutes (almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, etc) because they usually have sugar added–read label first
        Sweet wines and liqueurs

::) ::) ::) ::) :fall:

WTF AM I SUPPOSED TO EAT!!  :'(

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6508 on: April 23, 2017, 03:26:42 pm »
It's not so bad. I had to do an elimination diet like that. You get used to it.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #6509 on: April 23, 2017, 04:34:12 pm »

I guess you will just have to eat real food now and not all this manufactured :censor:. Sounds horrible right ;)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6510 on: April 23, 2017, 04:51:48 pm »
Sounds like he could get by easily on a modified Paleo diet or maybe Ketogenic diet depending on his health issues

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6511 on: April 23, 2017, 05:18:19 pm »
There have been some garbage clean ups going on around here and they use a special red bag so the trucks will pick it up. The amount of red bags I've seen over the last few days is sad because it is all preventable. People are pigs.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6512 on: April 23, 2017, 05:24:07 pm »
Red bags?

Who is doing the clean up? Like picking up litter?

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6513 on: April 23, 2017, 05:48:37 pm »
Volunteers cleaning up litter. Probably due to Earth Day.

Ya, they use red garbage bags. My only thinking is it stands out and nobody else uses them so they know what they are for/from.

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6514 on: April 23, 2017, 07:27:23 pm »

I guess you will just have to eat real food now and not all this manufactured :censor:. Sounds horrible right ;)

Sounds like he could get by easily on a modified Paleo diet or maybe Ketogenic diet depending on his health issues

Who said I had health issues?  It was 'cause someone mentioned refined carbs, so I looked, and it's all the stuff I like. I mean ketchup! Really? How would you eat fries then? Or a burger? It's just sad...what's left? Kale and oak leaves?  :P :-\ :'(

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #6515 on: April 23, 2017, 08:30:39 pm »
^ real food is what is left. A plant-based diet can still taste amazing, and you get in touch with the basics again. Food can taste great once you take out all the crap we add to it.
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #6516 on: April 23, 2017, 09:01:12 pm »
^ real food is what is left. A plant-based diet can still taste amazing, and you get in touch with the basics again. Food can taste great once you take out all the crap we add to it.

I eat a plant based diet, because the beef that I eat comes from cows that eat grass.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #6517 on: April 23, 2017, 09:21:15 pm »

I eat a plant based diet, because the beef that I eat comes from cows that eat grass.

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
« Reply #6518 on: April 23, 2017, 09:25:12 pm »

:banghead:

:stfu:

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6519 on: April 23, 2017, 11:53:35 pm »

There is no real food if you can't eat ketchup, or cake...or Jello!  I'm damn near old, and mom still makes Jello ('red' or orange - wish she'd make grape), sometimes with fruit cocktail, sometimes without...my dad's 72 and he still likes Jello.  You can't not like Jello.

Oh, and I like salad...but I like it with a can of Del Monte peaches tossed on top, salad dressing (1000 Island), bacon bits...sometimes I'll do homemade honey dill with chicken and celery, cucumbers, some red or white onions...even some pineapple if we have any, canned or fresh.

...this one was too good to pass up...baby's got too much back for me...but if you like Jello... ;D
All natural too...a vegan treat no doubt.  Except for the meat part.