Author Topic: 2023 Volkswagen Tiguan Comfortline R-Line Black  (Read 1531 times)

Offline Patrick_D1

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +100/-103
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 GTI, 2024 Tiguan R-Line Black
Re: 2023 Volkswagen Tiguan Comfortline R-Line Black
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2023, 09:47:59 am »
So I was browsing car care products at CTC and hear somebody call up my name. Turns out it was an auto journo colleague that also lives in my 'burb. We had a chat and it turns out he was driving this same Tiguan at the time, and he also noticed the hesitations when cold. Furthermore, the back-up camera conked out and never came back after a few "reboots". Fun.

Really thinking there might be something wrong with that particular unit. Having spent a lot more time in my wife's, in similar conditions, I've not experienced anything resembling the hesitation you did. Not suggesting your experience was invalid, just that perhaps this particular unit has a mechanical issue.
Manual gearbox evangelist. Die-hard automotive and motorsport enthusiast. Often found covered in mud.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +110/-454
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2023, 09:50:16 am »
So I was browsing car care products at CTC and hear somebody call up my name. Turns out it was an auto journo colleague that also lives in my 'burb. We had a chat and it turns out he was driving this same Tiguan at the time, and he also noticed the hesitations when cold. Furthermore, the back-up camera conked out and never came back after a few "reboots". Fun.

Really thinking there might be something wrong with that particular unit. Having spent a lot more time in my wife's, in similar conditions, I've not experienced anything resembling the hesitation you did. Not suggesting your experience was invalid, just that perhaps this particular unit has a mechanical issue.
Hey Patrick, any comment on the future of manuals at VW in Canada?  Is this the last generation of manuals in the GTI, GLI, and Golf R?

Offline Blueprint

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-232
  • member since way back when
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Mazda CX-90 GS-L PHEV, 2022 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, 1975 Triumph TR6
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2023, 09:59:35 am »

I suggest you pull it for a full diagnostic at a dealer. If there's an issue found, and a correction made, we can update the review. To be fair, I also reported all the glitches in various press vehicles, including infotainment crashes in Honda and Toyota products - it happens!
Traffic engineer/project manager & part time auto journalist

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-436
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2023, 10:19:09 am »

It might be the same unit I test drove earlier this year in Calgary with the same symptoms.  ;)