Author Topic: I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.  (Read 349075 times)

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
Re: I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.
« Reply #1360 on: May 31, 2017, 11:05:57 am »
How many kms are on the ML? 

It would be interesting to go back and sum up the costs of all the warranty repairs.

144 and change

I can't imagine the repair costs at retail but I have to think it's in the 10's of thousands.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 07:53:47 pm by sailor723 »
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #1361 on: June 08, 2017, 07:54:58 pm »
Traded the ML in this morning.... I felt kind of bad leaving it there all alone on that nasty BMW lot   :(

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #1362 on: June 08, 2017, 08:01:08 pm »
Traded the ML in this morning.... I felt kind of bad leaving it there all alone on that nasty BMW lot   :(

I get that.  While I never felt guilty about trading the Suzuki, I did recognize that it had been reliable and incredibly practical.  Every time I see an Aerio hatch on the road, especially one the same colour as mine, I smile.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 03:37:23 pm by Scaerio »
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #1363 on: June 08, 2017, 09:14:45 pm »

I get that.  While I never felt guilty about trading the Suzuki, I did recognize that it had been reliable and incredibly practical.  Every time I see an Aerio hatch on the road, especially one the same colour of mine, I smile.

Me too!  I had unexpected pangs of regret when I traded in the Fusion a few weeks ago.  That car was dead reliable, did everything really well, and it enabled some very good times!  Never once stranded us, and that's a first for any of the 30, or so vehicles I've owned to date.  Just like a good old friend!  :-\

Offline Solstice2006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +245/-468
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Hyundai Entourage, 2007 Buick Lucerne
« Reply #1364 on: June 08, 2017, 10:03:36 pm »

I get that.  While I never felt guilty about trading the Suzuki, I did recognize that it had been reliable and incredibly practical.  Every time I see an Aerio hatch on the road, especially one the same colour of mine, I smile.

Me too!  I had unexpected pangs of regret when I traded in the Fusion a few weeks ago.  That car was dead reliable, did everything really well, and it enabled some very good times!  Never once stranded us, and that's a first for any of the 30, or so vehicles I've owned to date.  Just like a good old friend!  :-\

That's a first?  I have never been stranded out of the 12 vehicles I have owned. 

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #1365 on: June 08, 2017, 10:14:48 pm »

That's a first?  I have never been stranded out of the 12 vehicles I have owned.

Well, I lied.  ;D  Neither of the four Hondas I've owned in the past ever failed, and probably a few others, but let's just say the last few before the Fusion left me stranded.  My OBW before the Fusion stranded me twice and I only had it for 3 years!

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: June 08, 2017, 10:49:47 pm »
I loved my TSX, however it did leave me stranded one day (dead starter). Luckily I was at home.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #1367 on: June 09, 2017, 07:33:47 pm »
i've likely owned 20ish vehicles over the 30 years i've been driving...i have only been stranded once, and it was a dead battery...i had a feeling the battery was on its way out, but one day when i tried to start it, it just wouldn't turn over...had it towed to a local garage (few kms)...they tested the battery and confirmed it was gone (original battery in the Ford Taurus), popped in a new one, and never had an issue since...the battery was something like $110.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: June 10, 2017, 12:03:07 pm »
When a coil failed on my Legacy, it left me stranded a couple of times, not enough power to get up the street.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #1369 on: June 10, 2017, 03:22:28 pm »
i spoke with a business acquaintance yesterday...we like to talk about cars when we see each other and he really likes his nice cars...he mentioned he just bought a 2013 535 and picks it up this Tuesday...i figured he liked his previous car so much, he simply decided to upsize...his previous car was a 335d, which he raved about whenever i saw him...it was only about 5-6 years old (it was already about 2-3 years old when he bought), but figured maybe he was keeping it for his wife or something, so i asked what he was doing with it...turns out there was some problem with the emissions system, and it was going to $6k to fix it...so he traded it in and walked away from it...likely why diesels are probably on the way out, and why i advised my parents against getting their TDi modded to comply with emissions (told them to just take the cash and move on).

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: June 10, 2017, 04:09:05 pm »
i spoke with a business acquaintance yesterday...we like to talk about cars when we see each other and he really likes his nice cars...he mentioned he just bought a 2013 535 and picks it up this Tuesday...i figured he liked his previous car so much, he simply decided to upsize...his previous car was a 335d, which he raved about whenever i saw him...it was only about 5-6 years old (it was already about 2-3 years old when he bought), but figured maybe he was keeping it for his wife or something, so i asked what he was doing with it...turns out there was some problem with the emissions system, and it was going to $6k to fix it...so he traded it in and walked away from it...likely why diesels are probably on the way out, and why i advised my parents against getting their TDi modded to comply with emissions (told them to just take the cash and move on).

Heh...funny. It's like that with all my friends who own FGC. They'll rave about them. But keep pressing and the truth comes out about how much of a PITA and money pit they become.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...