Author Topic: Find of the Week: 1997 Alfa Romeo Spider  (Read 3047 times)

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
Re: Find of the Week: 1997 Alfa Romeo Spider
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2017, 11:04:08 pm »
^^^ I'd love to have a 69-ish Spider.  They're not fast or anything, but timeless body lines and actually not terrible to keep running.  I've often bandied about the idea of old Spider, but just want to own a car I can drive all the time no issues, hence the Miata.  But, man, those Spiders are gorgeous.

Offline ChaosphereIX

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +187/-377
  • Wont run with the pack
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Jaguar XJR-L
Re: Find of the Week: 1997 Alfa Romeo Spider
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 01:20:26 am »
^^^ I'd love to have a 69-ish Spider.  They're not fast or anything, but timeless body lines and actually not terrible to keep running.  I've often bandied about the idea of old Spider, but just want to own a car I can drive all the time no issues, hence the Miata.  But, man, those Spiders are gorgeous.

you are right: they are cheap, parts are plentiful, and are fairly reliable [especially the mechanical side]. With the age of them, the most complaints I hear at meets is about the upholstery and other cosmetic bits that just don't hold up to 25+ years of age
If driving an Alfa does not restore vitality to your soul, then just pass the hospital and park at the morgue to save everyone time.

Now drives a Jaaaaaaag...and thus will not pay for anything during an outing...but it is OK, because....I drive a Jaaaaaag.