Author Topic: Anyone used these guys for Toyota/Lexus parts?  (Read 5952 times)

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
Anyone used these guys for Toyota/Lexus parts?
« on: February 17, 2018, 06:17:26 pm »
https://www.toyotapartsdirect.ca/
I googled a filter element for an imaginable car and it came to just over 6 bucks excluding shipping, which was rather pricey. However when buying in quantities it is a good bargain, almost too good to be true. Is this store for real and are the parts genuine?
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
Re: Anyone used these guys for Toyota/Lexus parts?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 06:42:40 pm »
I've bought a couple things from here and saved quite a bit.  But, you face USD pricing and shipping, so check carefully first.  I bought a rear wiper motor from them and saved a lot, and it was something I couldn't find elsewhere at the time.

https://www.midatlantictoyotaparts.com/

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 06:59:10 pm »
Not the greatest website, but seems legit enough to me. I'd probably try them out with a smaller order first.

Maybe give them a call and see what kind of feeling you get? I wouldn't be surprised if it's just the online sales dept. of an actual brick and mortar dealership.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 09:47:39 pm »
Not the greatest website, but seems legit enough to me. I'd probably try them out with a smaller order first.

Maybe give them a call and see what kind of feeling you get? I wouldn't be surprised if it's just the online sales dept. of an actual brick and mortar dealership.

I'm in no immediate need for Toyota parts, was just wondering how the part costs compare to Hyundai's. Doesn't seem to be a big deal with filters and pads at rockauto.
But this website looks suspicious, as there is no physical address, just an email and phone. Who are they hiding from?
edit: oh, and a bunch of "reviews"  ::)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 09:51:49 pm by EV Dan »

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 09:55:17 pm »
I've bought a couple things from here and saved quite a bit.  But, you face USD pricing and shipping, so check carefully first.  I bought a rear wiper motor from them and saved a lot, and it was something I couldn't find elsewhere at the time.

Yep, great prices, even with conversion.

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +175/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 02:33:30 am »

Yep, great prices, even with conversion.

There’s no physical address for those guys listed on their website, either.

I’m thinking that if a dealership parts department wants to set up a separate online business, they’re not going to want it associated with the physical dealership address. You don’t want people paying full price at the dealer, then finding out online that the same parts are being sold from the same place for half price.

But I did find a P.O. Box address for Toyota Parts Direct in London, Ontario. Only 2 Toyota dealers in London, and I’d bet that one of them is behind this. I’d guess it’s Competition Toyota. Give them a call & see if they’ll admit to it!  :D

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 11:32:45 am »
Thanks for your investigative journalism  ;) I suspect they may not want the rest of brick and mortar toyota dealers finding out about this business model. In the US however regular dealers sell on ebay or through their own websites. I guess they don't have to make 200% profit on parts our dealerships are accustomed to.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 11:54:35 am »
Thanks for your investigative journalism  ;) I suspect they may not want the rest of brick and mortar toyota dealers finding out about this business model. In the US however regular dealers sell on ebay or through their own websites. I guess they don't have to make 200% profit on parts our dealerships are accustomed to.

One of my frustrations with our local Subaru dealers is that they frequently don't even charge MSRP for parts - they often double or triple those prices!

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 12:07:21 pm »

One of my frustrations with our local Subaru dealers is that they frequently don't even charge MSRP for parts - they often double or triple those prices!

When you call one of the Hyundai dealers here for the price of a cabin filter they just tell you something like "50 bucks" regardless of the model. I understand it saves them a lot of time when they are not looking it up, but they definitely lose my business because the next dealer takes time to look it up and tells the actual price, which is usually lower.

Offline carcrazed

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +39/-88
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Forester Touring; 2009 Civic EX-L
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 12:25:22 pm »

When you call one of the Hyundai dealers here for the price of a cabin filter they just tell you something like "50 bucks" regardless of the model. I understand it saves them a lot of time when they are not looking it up, but they definitely lose my business because the next dealer takes time to look it up and tells the actual price, which is usually lower.

Hyundai charges close to $50 for a cabin air filter?  That seems rather high to me.   I used to buy FRAM ones from CT for ~$20 and now get mine from Rockauto for ~$13 each delivered.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 12:37:37 pm »
I used a similar website for Mitsubishi parts. They are in the Miami area, way, WAY, better prices than the dealers in town....oh and they actually have things in stock.
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 12:55:58 pm »
...oh and they actually have things in stock.

Sounds like you've had the same experience as me with Edmonton dealers not really stocking a lot of anything.  The large Toyota dealers aren't too bad, but their prices are high.  The Subaru dealers have abysmal stock levels even on routine service items and of course, their parts prices are "Thank you for shopping here Mr. Gates" high.

I ordered the rear wiper motor for the Highlander from Mid-Atlantic, paid a lot less than I would have locally, and had it in my hands in less time too.  Huh.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 01:20:05 pm »

...oh and they actually have things in stock.

Sounds like you've had the same experience as me with Edmonton dealers not really stocking a lot of anything.  The large Toyota dealers aren't too bad, but their prices are high.  The Subaru dealers have abysmal stock levels even on routine service items and of course, their parts prices are "Thank you for shopping here Mr. Gates" high.

I ordered the rear wiper motor for the Highlander from Mid-Atlantic, paid a lot less than I would have locally, and had it in my hands in less time too.  Huh.

Oh yeah...freaking southside mitsu didn't have a bloody air filter in stock for the Montero. Two feckin weeks lead time. Prices are beyond stupid, control arm from Mitsu, ~$800, from the internets, ~$100 shipped.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2018, 02:10:23 pm »
I used to order from dealers in the states for Honda specific parts, however I have found its not worth it anymore.  Local dealers are competitive (at least the one's in Saskatoon) with the State's pricing.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 03:59:55 pm »
^^^ Dad tells me that the local Honda shop now is competitive on parts for the S2K.  He still says they're expensive, but there's no incentive to shop elsewhere anymore.

Slowly waking up?

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2018, 04:09:13 pm »
Ya, I think so.  I first noticed when we had our CRV a few years ago.   I hit a drift on the highway doing 100km/h and a plastic belly pan was crushed/smashed.  It was about the same price from the local dealer as what prices in the US were showing.  No brainer, and happy to keep my money local.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2018, 04:43:27 pm »
^^^ Dad tells me that the local Honda shop now is competitive on parts for the S2K.  He still says they're expensive, but there's no incentive to shop elsewhere anymore.

Slowly waking up?

Them ain't no ages of yellow pages. Dealers could charge what they wanted when it was between them and the Canadian tire. I'm happy to buy local if I don't have to assume a funny position  :)

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1252/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2018, 01:16:42 am »
Dan,

Sorry I missed this post.

I've used https://www.mylparts.com

An additional 5% off with coupon code CL5.

Have also used https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/

One of the best places I've found to order Lexus OEM parts from a dealer is Bell Lexus.  They also have a huge E-bay page.  https://www.ebay.com/usr/belllexusnorthscottsdale

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 01:18:30 am by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2018, 10:24:55 pm »
Thanks!
Just need a Lexus now  :D