Author Topic: MLB 2016 Season  (Read 86373 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
Re: MLB 2016 Season
« Reply #180 on: October 05, 2016, 12:22:24 am »

Dude, you're hatred for the Jays is obvious......and whatever man, that's your opinion.  But do you honestly think that the exact same thing that you :censor: about doesn't exist with other teams and ballparks?  C'mon man, get real.

Seems like it's more of a thing with Jay's fans lately.  Disgraceful behavior DURING A PLAYOFF GAME...2 years in a row now? And the fact that some other fans have done it (Braves comes to mind IIRC) doesn't give garbage Jay's fans a pass.

But keep on being a good Jay's fan shrugging it off as nothing.

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #181 on: October 05, 2016, 12:28:27 am »

Dude, you're hatred for the Jays is obvious......and whatever man, that's your opinion.  But do you honestly think that the exact same thing that you :censor: about doesn't exist with other teams and ballparks?  C'mon man, get real.

Seems like it's more of a thing with Jay's fans lately.  Disgraceful behavior DURING A PLAYOFF GAME...2 years in a row now? And the fact that some other fans have done it (Braves comes to mind IIRC) doesn't give garbage Jay's fans a pass.

But keep on being a good Jay's fan shrugging it off as nothing.

Oh FFS Ron, do you really think that the behaviour of one or two fans is indicitive of of the entire Roger's Centre?   ::)   
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 05, 2016, 12:33:47 am »

Oh FFS Ron, do you really think that the behaviour of one or two fans is indicitive of of the entire Roger's Centre?   ::)

Watch the game from last year and get back to me and let me know if you see only "one or two" piece of trash on the field.   ;)

Man...falling on the sword for your fellow Jay's fans, eh?   ;D

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #183 on: October 05, 2016, 12:39:28 am »

Watch the game from last year and get back to me and let me know if you see only "one or two" piece of trash on the field.   ;)

I'm talking about tonight, not last year.  Nice try.  What's your favourite team btw?

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 05, 2016, 12:46:09 am »

I'm talking about tonight, not last year.  Nice try.  What's your favourite team btw?

Well you can't talk about tonight without remembering a similar, ugly episode from last year's playoffs too.  At least I can't.

You watch enough baseball.  Off the top of your head, can you remember fans from the same team 2 years in a row acting like garbage in a playoff game?  I can't....Can you?

That might make a good trivia question.

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #185 on: October 05, 2016, 06:59:48 am »
The game itself was beautiful. What more can you ask for in a wildcard playoff game, no matter who won.

As far as the fan behaviour, yes it was an embarrassment, and needs to be improved. Some commentators said Toronto fans don't know baseball, and to a certain extent they may be right. The past two years has seen a huge influx of new fans, call them bandwagon hoppers if you'd like, but they are the next generation. They need to learn.

Go Jays go!
I love it when a plan comes together.

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +172/-99
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: A Beater and an Ascent
« Reply #186 on: October 05, 2016, 08:47:50 am »
What a great game. Intense. Well-deserved walk-off for Edwin who has been the Jays' most (only) consistent hitter this year. Rangers vs Jays series is going to be awesome after what has happened this past year.

Curious if Bautista will get the larger boo in Texas or if Odor will in Toronto.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 05, 2016, 10:23:49 am »
Fans of all professional sports act the same way.

I don't get this whole belief that there is some gentlemanly code of conduct for fans (or even players); this isn't minor hockey.  It's pro sports.  The stadiums sell beer, and encourage the fans to yell and get rowdy. 

My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #188 on: October 05, 2016, 11:01:23 am »

I knew you'd be the first to post that one.

You think a Jay's fan would post that?  I'm probably going to hear the local slappies say how "great" it was.... :shake:
Bah, it was a good game & a great pitching duel! 1 fan fackin up doesn't ruin the game, don't be too dramatic now, ha, ha, ha!

Garbage fans.....remember the incident from last year's playoffs?  Throwing garbage on the field, pelting a baby too?

:rofl2:

Ron stop being such a tool.  I have no idea why your internet persona and real life personality are so different.  :P

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #189 on: October 05, 2016, 11:02:55 am »
:rofl2:

Ron stop being such a tool.  I have no idea why your internet persona and real life personality are so different.  :P

Good to know... cause I was beginning to wonder...  :rofl2:
You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #190 on: October 05, 2016, 11:15:22 am »
ditto.

because it's as if you don't realize that your words are labeling all of us as garbage. to me, that is EXTREMELY offensive. i can deal with jabs at car sales and what-have-you, but these comments are just rude, false and insulting.

do you not think we all think the person who did it sucks? my lord... when they panned the crowd after, you can see a large % of the people in that area pointing to the person... no one was proud of it and i'm sure 99.9% of the "fans" agree the person is garbage for their actions.

what you are doing is generalizing an entire group of people based on the wrong actions of a minute portion of that population. sound like the kind of guy you are? hope not.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +706/-12356
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #191 on: October 05, 2016, 11:17:07 am »
I'll admit to being an "October fan" of baseball in general.  I don't have 160 games worth of love for the sport.  But holy crap that was some kind of awesome game last night.  :o Loved the way the outfield camera was shaking with all the fans going facking bonkers on that walk off homer.  ;D
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 05, 2016, 11:27:44 am »
I'll admit to being an "October fan" of baseball in general.  I don't have 160 games worth of love for the sport.  But holy crap that was some kind of awesome game last night.  :o Loved the way the outfield camera was shaking with all the fans going facking bonkers on that walk off homer.  ;D

You are smart. I often question why I willingly participate in the 162 game roller-coaster that dominates my summers most years.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #193 on: October 05, 2016, 11:28:04 am »
yeah... i obviously watch more come the end... but i'm the same with all sports.. get towards the key games and my interest intensifies... make it "my" team or the local team and again... intensified.

my wife gave me stink eye for watching the game.. she said i "hardly ever watch", so why is it important?... yep.. only all sunday games, when i get home after the game and can watch blue jays in 30 other days, in between shows i jump to check scores, have a laptop open to nhl.com and mlb.com while she is watching things and put on sports center every morning before i even run down to shower (so i can rewind and catch the important stuff!)

but yep.. i have only sat and watched like 5 games start to finish this year (other than the 2 i went to). i don't think that makes me a bandwagon jumper or "not a fan" though.

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 05, 2016, 11:31:52 am »
Anyone at the game last night? I'll be at game 3 or 4. Need to still talk to my family about who is taking which tickets.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-516
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Honda Passport Touring, 2006 SLK 55 AMG
« Reply #195 on: October 05, 2016, 11:42:23 am »
yeah... i obviously watch more come the end... but i'm the same with all sports.. get towards the key games and my interest intensifies... make it "my" team or the local team and again... intensified.

my wife gave me stink eye for watching the game.. she said i "hardly ever watch", so why is it important?... yep.. only all sunday games, when i get home after the game and can watch blue jays in 30 other days, in between shows i jump to check scores, have a laptop open to nhl.com and mlb.com while she is watching things and put on sports center every morning before i even run down to shower (so i can rewind and catch the important stuff!)

but yep.. i have only sat and watched like 5 games start to finish this year (other than the 2 i went to). i don't think that makes me a bandwagon jumper or "not a fan" though.

I'm the same with the Jays, was never a HUGE fan, but always followed them.  At least the last 2 years have been more entertaining to follow.  In 92 when they won their 1st world series, I was at a Leaf pre-season game at the Gardens, after the game was done we hit a bar to catch the rest of the Jays game & watched them win it & then proceeded to party with everyone on Yonge St. until about 4am afterwards... GREAT times!!

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 05, 2016, 01:04:21 pm »
(add to my post about unruly fans:)   Fans who throw stuff and make racial slurs should be banned from the facilities for a year for each offense, however.  And forced to apologize on FB and Twitter.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #197 on: October 05, 2016, 01:44:03 pm »
They should ban beer in CANS !!!!  like some other ball parks in the US.

Blame this one on ROGERS.  It's idiotic to allow those cans, tall boys at that, in tiered stadiums.

Not a lick about the use of cans in the press.  I dunno  ::) :P

Offline tortoise

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +235/-453
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 05, 2016, 01:52:29 pm »
Cans don't hurt people.

People with cans hurt people.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 09:00:19 pm by tortoise »
Only the slow and dim know where they're going in life, and seldom is it worth the trip. - Tom Robbins.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #199 on: October 05, 2016, 02:04:34 pm »
Cans don't hurt people.

People with cans hurt people.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

;D
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken