Author Topic: MLB 2016 Season  (Read 86376 times)

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
Re: MLB 2016 Season
« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2016, 09:11:48 pm »
The AL East is definitely gonna be a tight one.  No doubt will be an interesting month and a half coming down the stretch. 
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7198
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2016, 09:36:54 pm »
The AL East is definitely gonna be a tight one.  No doubt will be an interesting month and a half coming down the stretch.

Blue Jays should win it.  They have the easier schedule of the 3 rival teams coming down the stretch.

Although....if TO and BOS are close...the very last series/game of the season might actually mean something.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2016, 09:49:42 pm »

Blue Jays should win it.  They have the easier schedule of the 3 rival teams coming down the stretch.

Although....if TO and BOS are close...the very last series/game of the season might actually mean something.

Well like I've mentioned before, in a tight division like it is, and has been all season, every game means something and can/will make a difference.  I'm obviously rooting for the Jays, but my gut tells me the Sox take the division.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2016, 09:40:34 pm »

Do ya still feel that way that the Jays will take it?   ;D

My god they've been playing some terrible ball the last few weeks.  Some games have been just painful to watch, especially against teams they should win against.    I'll go still go with my gut and say the Sox take the AL East. 

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2016, 06:05:53 pm »

Do ya still feel that way that the Jays will take it?   ;D

My god they've been playing some terrible ball the last few weeks.  Some games have been just painful to watch, especially against teams they should win against.    I'll go still go with my gut and say the Sox take the AL East.

My view was based on logic.   Boston and Orioles had the most inter-division games in the last month.  So much more chance of a swing.

Also...I didn't think the Jays would suck as hard as they are down the stretch.

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +172/-99
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: A Beater and an Ascent
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2016, 09:30:31 am »
Yeah, been a crazy couple of weeks. The Jays have been sucking hard-core and Boston just exploded out of their mediocrity. The craziest situation though has to be the wild card. New York, Detroit and Seattle all went on huge streaks and looked poised to pass Toronto and/or Baltimore. But now New York and Detroit have gone in the tank and Seattle could be in trouble if they don't take the next two against Toronto.

Looking more and more like Boston has the AL East and BAL/TOR will be in the wild card, but BAL and TOR need to start winning a bit more.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2016, 09:56:19 am »
Go DBacks!   :(

It's been a long season.
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2016, 10:52:50 am »
Go DBacks!   :(

It's been a long season.

Yes, this weekend, go D-Backs! Get the Sweep!

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2016, 08:20:09 pm »
Yeah, been a crazy couple of weeks. The Jays have been sucking hard-core and Boston just exploded out of their mediocrity. The craziest situation though has to be the wild card. New York, Detroit and Seattle all went on huge streaks and looked poised to pass Toronto and/or Baltimore. But now New York and Detroit have gone in the tank and Seattle could be in trouble if they don't take the next two against Toronto.

Looking more and more like Boston has the AL East and BAL/TOR will be in the wild card, but BAL and TOR need to start winning a bit more.

Pretty much bang on.  Boston has been on a tear lately, and still is, while the Jays continue to have have issues in pitching. batting, defence, etc.   They really need to turn this around quick.  Even if the post season started today and the Jays secured a wild card spot, I'm just not confident that they'd make it by the first round with the way they are playing. 

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2016, 08:24:14 pm »

Detroit is only 2.5 games back and Seattle and Houston 3.  With most teams having about 12-14 games left, I'd hardly say it's decided.

Would LOVE to see Detroit beat Toronto in the wildcard game!!   ;D

Still been rooting for Boston because of Porcello.  He might even win the Cy Young.  Detroit were complete idiots for not re-signing him.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 08:25:46 pm by rrocket »

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2016, 08:30:37 pm »

Detroit is only 2.5 games back and Seattle and Houston 3.  With most teams having about 12-14 games left, I'd hardly say it's decided.

Still been rooting for Boston because of Porcello.  He might even win the Cy Young.  Detroit were complete idiots for not re-signing him.

Oh yeah, the second wild spot is certainly still up for grabs, although you know I'm rooting for the Jays.   As for Porcello, I can't imagine him not winning the Cy Young. 

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2016, 10:05:52 pm »
  As for Porcello, I can't imagine him not winning the Cy Young.

Stanger things have happened.  But I'd hope he'd win it.

21-4, 14-1 at home. Only 20 game winner.  3rd best ERA.  best WHIP, most IP, most quality starts.

Fingers crossed!

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2016, 11:33:52 pm »
It appears that easily 50% of fans in Seattle appear to be Jays fans.  Only fans doing the WAVE.  :rofl2:   Would not be possible without Stubhub.

Offline Bubba

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +381/-442
  • Vice President, Autos.ca Arizona Operations
    • View Profile
    • My photo site
  • Cars: 2013 Toyota Corolla LE
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2016, 08:21:03 am »
It appears that easily 50% of fans in Seattle appear to be Jays fans.  Only fans doing the WAVE.  :rofl2:   Would not be possible without Stubhub.

It sounded like a home game for the Jays on the radio.

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2016, 09:01:28 am »

It sounded like a home game for the Jays on the radio.

My parents went to Cleveland for the entire Jays 3 game series. At least half the stadium there was Jays fans as well. And that was a first place teams' stadium. Say/hate as you will on the Jays, but they sure do have a huge fan base.

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2016, 09:02:07 am »

Yeah, Baltimore is beginning to look determined to give up the second wildcard spot.

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2016, 10:05:43 am »
  As for Porcello, I can't imagine him not winning the Cy Young.

Stanger things have happened.  But I'd hope he'd win it.

21-4, 14-1 at home. Only 20 game winner.  3rd best ERA.  best WHIP, most IP, most quality starts.

Fingers crossed!

Happ has now joined him with 20 wins, but I agree Porcello should be the easy favourite.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2016, 08:03:54 pm »

My parents went to Cleveland for the entire Jays 3 game series. At least half the stadium there was Jays fans as well. And that was a first place teams' stadium. Say/hate as you will on the Jays, but they sure do have a huge fan base.

Yes indeed...they sure have a huge bandwagon fan base.

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2016, 11:03:01 pm »

Yes indeed...they sure have a huge bandwagon fan base.

So what? Who cares? People want to get behind the team when they win, so be it. Same in every city with every team. I'm a diehard Jay fan and welcome the band wagon fans. I know they'll leave once the team loses again in years to come but what's it matter to me or anyone else?

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2016, 11:18:55 pm »

So what? Who cares? People want to get behind the team when they win, so be it. Same in every city with every team. I'm a diehard Jay fan and welcome the band wagon fans. I know they'll leave once the team loses again in years to come but what's it matter to me or anyone else?

It's definitely not the same in every city.  Some teams sell-out (or close) year in, year out regardless of how the team is doing...they are constantly Top 10 for attendance.  Those are hardcore fans.