Author Topic: Car flooded by parking garage sprinkler  (Read 9408 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
Re: Car flooded by parking garage sprinkler
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2018, 05:37:30 pm »
Posting a lot Gifs do not always make your point, but it does makes you look silly   ;D

Come on...be honest...he looked silly before the posting of any GIFs.   :rofl: :rofl2:
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Noto

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +774/-2131
  • This forum is making me almost as bitter as SirO
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '23 Mazda CX-50 Turbo; '11 Fozzie XT
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2018, 05:54:15 pm »
Congratulations.  You've now learned how to internet.
I learned from you, oh Master...

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2018, 06:12:38 pm »
Posting a lot Gifs do not always make your point, but it does makes you look silly   ;D

Come on...be honest...he looked silly before the posting of any GIFs.   :rofl: :rofl2:

You are right again  ;D

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +59/-95
    • View Profile
  • Cars: VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT ;Dearly Departed 2015 Honda Fit EX 6MT
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2018, 10:08:28 pm »
I've been told to start looking at my car replacement options but not to sign anything quite yet...

Thinking about many options. Including not having a car. Or A CT200h. Or a Clarity. Or a Corolla. Or a stickshift jetta TDI post-fix. Or a Clarity. Or a GTI. Mix of used and new too.

I doubt I'd get another fit. I loved it but life is too short to own the same thing twice!

Offline Great_Big_Abyss

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +267/-457
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2019 Mazda CX-5
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2018, 08:56:36 am »
Get a PowerWagon.  Chances are it's too big to fit in your parking garage, so you'll never have this problem ever again.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2018, 11:48:28 am »
Gdo you have  access to a plug ? Maybe a Leaf or volt

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2018, 12:11:37 pm »

Highly doubt he has a plug...a regular hybrid is his best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2018, 12:54:28 pm »
Gotta love depreciation waivers  ;D

Have fun shopping!
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2018, 04:11:09 pm »

I will confirm but I had inquired about the plug and they seemed willing when I asked 3-4 months ago.

Volt is too small for me to sit comfortably; it really seems to be designed for people around 5'8 or so. Forget sitting in the back if you have a longish torso.
I want to be able to make road trips out east so I think Leaf is out. I did check one out at the auto show and it is quite nice.

I think I'll put the deposit on a clarity and look at other options in the meanwhile.

Get a PowerWagon.  Chances are it's too big to fit in your parking garage, so you'll never have this problem ever again.

I had come close to buying a RAM1500 last year when they had the insane lease offer. But unless you can offer me a free parking spot in downtown Ottawa the power wagon is out  ;D

How many KM you put on a year?

Last year 30 000, and I don't commute by car to work. This year probably in the 20k mark.

Have fun shopping!

Best was I got a depreciation waiver on a used car  ;D. Indeed loving it. Though in my case I suspect the offer would have been similar to what I paid last year, but this erases any doubt.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2018, 05:26:37 pm »
I thought that was a used car.  Purchased in Toronto and driven back to Ottawa?  How long ago was that?

Your Ins. Co. is going to pay you the same amount you paid originally minus the $1K.

Offline pi314

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2018, 06:14:02 pm »
Yup. Just over a year ago.

Offline smallbutmighty-lady

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
  • smallbutmighty-lady
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Hyundai Elantra
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2019, 09:08:38 pm »
Who’s garage was it? Definitely call your auto insurance company to make a claim for your car and if you have property insurance your contents in the vehicle can be recovered as well. If the garage was owned by your landlord, you would get their insurance information for their property policy and give this info to your auto insurance company, they will subrogeate on your behalf. Basically whoever owns the garage, go ask for their insurance information. If they refuse, I would get a lawyer. They’re liabile for your damages.

Offline EV-Light

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +125/-1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2019, 10:20:22 pm »

I will confirm but I had inquired about the plug and they seemed willing when I asked 3-4 months ago.

Volt is too small for me to sit comfortably; it really seems to be designed for people around 5'8 or so. Forget sitting in the back if you have a longish torso.
I want to be able to make road trips out east so I think Leaf is out. I did check one out at the auto show and it is quite nice.

I think I'll put the deposit on a clarity and look at other options in the meanwhile.

I had come close to buying a RAM1500 last year when they had the insane lease offer. But unless you can offer me a free parking spot in downtown Ottawa the power wagon is out  ;D

Last year 30 000, and I don't commute by car to work. This year probably in the 20k mark.

Have fun shopping!

Best was I got a depreciation waiver on a used car  ;D. Indeed loving it. Though in my case I suspect the offer would have been similar to what I paid last year, but this erases any doubt.

Buy a Mini PHEV :-p

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2019, 07:18:37 am »

Have fun shopping!

Buy a Mini PHEV :-p

He bought a real car