Author Topic: Wheel caps doesn’t fit  (Read 3582 times)

Offline Dumonti

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +1/-1
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Toyota Corolla 2012
Wheel caps doesn’t fit
« on: May 25, 2023, 08:58:04 pm »
Hello, my tires are 15 inch and I bought 4 wheels caps on kijiji who I was told were 15 inch. But they are two big. Is there a way to know, for sure, what is the size of the wheel caps I bought so I can sell them again on kijiji. The metal ring inside the wheel cap are 15 and 3/16 inch when I measure them.
Thank you.

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
Re: Wheel caps doesn’t fit
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2023, 10:24:56 pm »
Hello, my tires are 15 inch and I bought 4 wheels caps on kijiji who I was told were 15 inch. But they are two big. Is there a way to know, for sure, what is the size of the wheel caps I bought so I can sell them again on kijiji. The metal ring inside the wheel cap are 15 and 3/16 inch when I measure them.
Thank you.

15"  :)
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline Dumonti

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +1/-1
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Toyota Corolla 2012
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2023, 04:23:01 pm »
My question is how can I know the size of the wheel cap because there is no size on it. Since they are to big I guess they are 16 inch but how can I be sure because I want to put it on kijiji but I need to know the size.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2023, 07:08:33 pm »
I just measured a 16" steel wheel I have and it appears to be about 15-5/8" to where a wheel cover would clip.     I don't have a wheel cover to measure.

I'd guess yours is a 16".   Go to CanadianTire and measure some on the shelf is another option
Mr Pickypants