Author Topic: Problem with www.autopartsway.ca  (Read 106006 times)

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
Re: Problem with www.autopartsway.ca
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2010, 07:19:08 pm »
Needed to replace a front main seal, timing belt and tensioner, dist cap and rotor, and a leaking fuel pump. Total cost from autopartsway was 82.10. UAP was approx triple the price at 217.00. CT was about double but couldn't get the tensioner. Both had to order everything in.

So for that price difference I tried them out. Ordered on Tuesday night, everything but the dist cap arrived Friday.

Stuff seems good, I'll see if it fits.

All my parts were made in Germany or made in Japan, fit, and has been working well so far.

borispiedra

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2010, 03:30:23 pm »
I have ordered for the first time a part from this website.  Everything seems to be good, but when I’ve received the part: 1st surprise wrong part, not the same as showed in their website; 2nd surprise I don’t how but I’ve been billed twice in my credit card for the same order. First call autopart to ask an RMA (customer service not very gentle), once I have my RMA, UPS picked up the part, looking the tracking number provided by UPS, my part is sending to the other side of the country; two weeks after I’ve received the new part and SURPRISE, not only wrong part again but the same part I’ve returned (I mean, same box with the duck-tape I’ve used to close the box); call again autopartsway and talked with a guy (amazing, gentle this time): a second RMA will be send to me and he will see for my extra bill in order to be refund; one week after no refund, no RMA; call again for refund; finally I got the refund by Paypal, but 2$ missing, commission for Paypal: they made a mistake and I have to pay 2$ for that (:censor: the 2$, finally I’ve recovered almost 52$). What about RMA? Call again (not gentle as usual), finally I have my RMA and I have to wait +/- 2 weeks for refund (I sure I’ll have to call them). This was my first and last time

ovsa

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2010, 10:34:59 pm »
the problem with autopartsway is their return policy. if they screw up and send you the wrong part ,YOU have to pay for the shipping to return it. If the part is big and heavy enough it can be about $100. Sometimes more than the part itself.  Pretty lousy return policy if you ask me

DMM

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2010, 08:39:40 am »
Autopartsway - SCAM way, RIP-OFF way: They ship you a wrong item despite all series of the parts are correct for your car. Then they give you a RMA # and the shipping address after at least 1 month of hassle.  WARNING: WHEN YOU RETUNRN THAT ITEM THEY REFUSE TO RECEIVE IT FROM THE POST. Be aware about that and think twice before you order something: what you are going to do in such a case? How many times will you being able to ship your wrong item to get your money back - if they ever give you your money back?! [I can prove this warning with documents].

gryphon1958

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2010, 08:53:20 am »
I priced out a wheel hub assembly for my van and it was $80.00 more than my local parts store.

I thought they were suppose to be cheaper. There was also a big difference between their American site price and Canadian site price.

DMM

« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2010, 05:28:25 pm »
Hi everyone! It looks that AUTOPARTSWAY IS ABLE TO FIX THEIR MISTAKES AS LONG AS WE CONTACT ONE OF THEIR MANAGERS. They finally received/  pickup the parts from the post office and refund me a part of the money I paid. [Their representatives had refused/ avoided receiving the parts from Canada Post till I talk with one of their managers, so I couldn't see my money back anymore]. I'm still waiting for the rest of my money. I have the filling they are double checking that their parts had different sizes and shapes than my current parts of my car, despite I ordered the right serials numbers from their website, and then they will send me the rest of my money. I proved that with all necessary pictures. According to their refund policy, they do not apply restocking fees for wrong items as in my case. My advice: if your parts don't fit, make sure you provide them a lot of relevant pictures and try to contact their managers. [It seems that they are very responsive and work to help you out right away, as far as I could see in my case.]Then manage to sent your returns in the original boxes with tracking numbers and confirmation of receiving. [I can prove all the story above with documents]

bdearborn

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2010, 05:18:20 pm »
I'm just a little worried now.  Ordered a radiator for a 1980 Rabbit convertible (wife's car) after removing the old one and comparing to the picture on this website.  These are pretty unique things and the picture is the correct one so I'm crossing my fingers to see what (or if it) shows up after reading all of the issues people have had with this company.  I'm thinking I could be ok as long as I don't have to return anything.
Will try and remember to provide an update on how this turns out.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 03:04:53 pm by bdearborn »

bdearborn

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2010, 03:13:28 pm »
Update to yesterday's post:  The rad and hose showed up around 2 PM EST today, one working day after ordering since the order was entered on Sunday afternoon.

Although you certainly can tell it is an aftermarket product, the plastic screw cap from the old rad fits and the mounting holes look correct.  The lower hose is also correct.

Installation will tell the entire story.

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +12/-35
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Acura RDX Elite, 1995 Porsche 993 Carrera, 2015 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS and a slew of motorcycles.
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2010, 09:33:06 am »
I priced out a wheel hub assembly for my van and it was $80.00 more than my local parts store.

I thought they were suppose to be cheaper. There was also a big difference between their American site price and Canadian site price.

Which is why I don't even bother checking prices up here before I buy, anymore.

I get OEM parts south of the border cheap enough that it isn't worth buying aftermarket parts up here.
What you won't find in my car is a coffee, cigarette and a cell phone. What you will find is a driver; imagine that, a driver in a vehicle. What an effing concept!
A car has to do more than just perform; it has to stir your soul!
A true driver's car does not have cup holders.

Murano2005

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2011, 05:12:50 pm »
Hey guys, I don't participate in these forums much, but I read them quite often and I felt I needed to throw in my two cents.  I placed a few orders form autopartsway.ca in the past and only had a problem once, but it was actually my fault since I just selected my vehicle and didn't look at the specific application notes under the part.  Anyway, "Mark", who I think is one of their senior customer service reps took care of the whole return and exchange for you very quickly.  I suggest just asking him for any help.  Other then this one time, I never had a problem.  I use autopartsway for quality brand stuff, none of those cheap brands.  And by the way, I shop for more then one car, so I very much like their new website design that saves all my vehicles.  I can just get parts by selecting one drop down to choose my previously shopped for car.  Very easy.

JURASSIC

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2011, 09:37:27 am »
I would like to add my story to this forum. I have had 3 orders through Autopartsway over the last 2 years. There have been no problems until my 5 item $110 order of February 27 2011. The first issue was the 2 cans of paint I ordered that I was later notified was out of stock. (A week later I checked and was able to add 135 cans of this paint to my cart with no indication they were out of stock). Then when the parts arrived, the engine oil filter had a large dent in the bottom so I called them and they sent out a replacement. I tried to install the Classic car Trico wiper blades I had also purchased and found one of them was missing the spring clip normally riveted to the arm to lock the blade in place. Then the fiasco started. After completing the return request I was advised on March 14 that they were reviewing my request and would make a decision within 72 hours. On March 16 they said I would have to ship it to them on my dime. I phoned them and they changed their mind that I should have to pay. I also emailed them photos of the damaged oil filter and Trico wiper blade so there was no question of me trying to rip them off as things seemed to imply. On March 17 I received an email advising me they were reviewing my request to return all the parts I had ordered. I called them again and after much explaining, I was assured the correct email would be sent to me. On March 23 I had to email them again as they had not sent me the RMA return label and on March 28 they replied it was in the mail. On March 29 they sent me instructions which included returning the oil filter which they had previously said to discard (thankfully it was in the body of an email). Again this email stated that it was my responsibility to pay to ship it to the. I phoned them for the umteenth time and they apologized and would send the correct procedure. They emailed me March 30 to advise an RMA return shipping label had already been mailed to me. I had to email them again on April 6 as I had not yet received the shipping label and was told that the label had been mailed to me. Finally on April 15 the label arrived, having been mailed to me on APRIL 8, not March 28 like they insisted. I tracked the blade return by Purolator and it was received by them on April18 at which time they were to "immediately send out the replacement blade". Today is May 4, the blade never came and I have emailed them twice and got no reply. I did notice something interesting on the Purolator shipping label as it was to be billed to "Canadian Tire c/o Keystone EDI.....44 Tunkhannock Ave, Exeter PA. 18643. During my numerous phone calls to Autopartsway since my order back on February 27th I have been given so many different stories and excuses that I cannot believe anything they tell me. If there are no problems with your order the process is very smooth and there are savings. But heaven help you if there are any issues. I guess you will have to make up your mind. A further note to anyone who is purchasing performance parts from Jegs or Summit or even these guys. There is a company out of Tenessee that has warehouses in Canada and charge the same prices but there are no brokerage fees just a $19.95 shipping charge. I ordered 2 Edelbrock carburetors (for the same price as Jegs/Summit) at 3:00 pm and they arrived less than 24 hrs later by courier. The company is called Performanceparts.   

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2011, 02:06:25 pm »
 :thumbup:

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +12/-35
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Acura RDX Elite, 1995 Porsche 993 Carrera, 2015 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS and a slew of motorcycles.
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2011, 11:23:34 am »
I noticed that APW has a US outlet as well. Not a surprise but pricing is vastly different; same part, same brand at both their outlets. The Honda item is another brand. I went with OEM Honda.

APW Canada:    CA$104.33,  CA$65.33
APW USA:          US$71.26,  US$49.31
OEM Honda US:   CA$79.42, CA $54.01

Michel1966

« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2011, 07:05:45 pm »
I bought parts from these people for many years without major issues but starting about a year ago they have been pretty unreliable posting and sending wrong parts. On my last order, a part associated with my truck was definitely wrong and couldn't fit on any version of the vehicle. It was definitely there mistake as even the description of the item on their invoice states that it is for that specific truck.
So I wasted a lot of time trying to have someone understanding this but failed...

As far as I am concerned I will never do business with them again as they have become chronically unreliable.

I really appreciate this post as it allows me to relieve some frustration and maybe prevent someone else from being ripped off.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2011, 07:06:33 pm »
I bought parts from these people for many years without major issues but starting about a year ago they have been pretty unreliable posting and sending wrong parts. On my last order, a part associated with my truck was definitely wrong and couldn't fit on any version of the vehicle. It was definitely there mistake as even the description of the item on their invoice states that it is for that specific truck.
So I wasted a lot of time trying to have someone understanding this but failed...

As far as I am concerned I will never do business with them again as they have become chronically unreliable.

I really appreciate this post as it allows me to relieve some frustration and maybe prevent someone else from being ripped off.

Try RockAuto next time......
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2011, 10:37:18 pm »

Amazing prices.  Any importation issues?

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1253/-7197
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2011, 10:57:09 pm »

Never.  Occasionally you might order something that weighs a TON...so shipping might be high.  But even with shipping, it's still cheaper.  They actively advertise with billboards in Canada, so they know exactly what they are doing with regards to their Canadian customers.

And fast too!!

Offline Erik

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +60/-374
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2000 Honda Insight
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2011, 08:14:36 am »

Never.  Occasionally you might order something that weighs a TON...so shipping might be high.  But even with shipping, it's still cheaper.  They actively advertise with billboards in Canada, so they know exactly what they are doing with regards to their Canadian customers.

And fast too!!

Rock Auto is fabulous. Great customer service and incredible pricing. Wish brake rotors weren't so expensive to ship!
"The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive." - Sir William Lyons

Jack-0-Trade

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2012, 08:30:17 am »
I like autopartsway.ca.  I never had a problem with them.  parts are great quality and delivered quickly.  had a warranty issue once and was pleasantly surprised that warranty is included in all their parts for 1 year and they handle the exchange very quickly.

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +70/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Honda CR-V (The Green Machine)
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2012, 08:53:32 am »