Author Topic: Latest W5 Hidden Camera Investigation  (Read 6293 times)

Offline nifty6

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-3
    • View Profile
Re: Latest W5 Hidden Camera Investigation
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2017, 02:15:09 pm »
There is a dealer, Hyundai who advertises no commission sales. no hassle, pressure free. Went into their used car inventory list. Had a number of Sante Fe's and Tuscons mostly 2017 but what raised a red flag for me was they were all described as DEMOS. I stopped looking after the 12th DEMO. How can a dealer have so many DEMOS?
He also says 0% is the way to go. Paying cash or with a line of credit is stupid. and don't do it. Why pay cash when 0% financing is like free money. The dealer also has no hassle, one price on used vehicles I believe.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2017, 02:39:42 pm »
There is a dealer, Hyundai who advertises no commission sales. no hassle, pressure free. Went into their used car inventory list. Had a number of Sante Fe's and Tuscons mostly 2017 but what raised a red flag for me was they were all described as DEMOS. I stopped looking after the 12th DEMO. How can a dealer have so many DEMOS?
He also says 0% is the way to go. Paying cash or with a line of credit is stupid. and don't do it. Why pay cash when 0% financing is like free money. The dealer also has no hassle, one price on used vehicles I believe.
most dealerships have demo vehicles with each staff, or he may have purchased a bunch of 1 year lease units (corp demo units)...as long as it actually is a demo, nothing wrong with that.

regarding the 0%...if you can take $40k in cash, and put it into whatever investment option you have (Savings account, TFSA, GIC, Savings Bonds, RRSP, etc), you can make money on that money...when my parents bought their Jetta wagon several years ago, there was no budging on the price of the unit, so the salesperson suggested they simply keep their cash in the bank and use their 0%/36 month deal, which they did...nothing wrong with that (assuming you can't get a discount for paying cash).
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2017, 04:27:21 pm »

if it's a big lot, having the demos is no biggie... hitting target is huge, so they might demo a car to reach target then sell it as used...

or they could be dummies who sell previous rentals as "demos", or "short term lease buy backs", or "executive driven"... some of those are true, but some dealers stretch the true meanings.

a)they have 0% on used? and b) why are they wrong there? if the price is the same, you would be pretty silly to not take the zero percent option.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now

Offline nifty6

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2017, 07:51:08 pm »

if it's a big lot, having the demos is no biggie... hitting target is huge, so they might demo a car to reach target then sell it as used...

or they could be dummies who sell previous rentals as "demos", or "short term lease buy backs", or "executive driven"... some of those are true, but some dealers stretch the true meanings.

a)they have 0% on used? and b) why are they wrong there? if the price is the same, you would be pretty silly to not take the zero percent option.

Not sure if used is 0% financing? So money is free? just saying...

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2017, 03:31:12 pm »
Oh don't get me started on some of the terms people use to sell 0% financing... but it is very true and factual that it is silly not to take the 0% if the financing selling price is no different from a cash price.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +116/-430
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2017, 02:41:42 pm »
Oh don't get me started on some of the terms people use to sell 0% financing... but it is very true and factual that it is silly not to take the 0% if the financing selling price is no different from a cash price.

Theoretically yes if you put the cash saved from 0% financing to work. In reality most just go blow the savings somewhere else. ;D

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2017, 03:48:44 pm »
heck yes...

and most of the people who come in to tell me that they "could" pay cash and ask about that discount, are usually referring to available credit. not that it makes much sense to have a huge amount of money in a checking account, but everyone is now at a point that they think credit=cash... they also see the possible value of their house = cash in hand as well.