Author Topic: Little Things That Irritate Me  (Read 1044575 times)

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
Re: Little Things That Irritate Me
« Reply #1300 on: April 26, 2017, 03:29:17 pm »
;D

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: April 26, 2017, 03:33:12 pm »
Shouldn't the rich pay for their own water pipes? And their own roads for that matter.

That's more of a libertarian point of view.

Utilities are a common good, best run by as a publicly operated monopoly.

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #1302 on: April 26, 2017, 03:34:08 pm »
Shouldn't the rich pay for their own water pipes? And their own roads for that matter.

Someone would complain that they get better water or higher pressure. You just can't win with the unwashed peasants  ;D
Lighten up Francis.....

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +242/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #1303 on: April 26, 2017, 04:54:24 pm »
There seems to be a segment of the population in Saint John that is resentful of success and who delights in seeing people fail. Ignore them Shane and concentrate on moving forward.

This definitely isn't specific to Saint John. New Brunswick in general has this defeatist attitude that makes me sick. I can't tell you the number of times I've heard something like, "that's just the way it is here." Very few people seem to be interested in improving this province or themselves. Even more ridiculous is the sentiment that people here shouldn't have high expectations for their lives.

We need more people like Shane to build businesses that not only employ people but export their products outside of NB.

No kidding, I see that all the time as well.  It's those same people that tell me how "lucky" I am to own a brewery.   ::)

I guess it's a New Brunswick thing, when I lived there I found that anybody who seemed to have money was looked upon with suspicion.   Many people who think nobody else should have move money than them and if they did, they didn't deserve it.
Mr Pickypants

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: April 26, 2017, 09:37:29 pm »

No, the libertarian point of view is that everyone should pay for their own water, from whatever water utilities they choose.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: April 26, 2017, 09:40:00 pm »

Now you're just baiting.
Damn straight. And you took it.

Now you're just baiting.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #1306 on: April 26, 2017, 09:43:26 pm »
There seems to be a segment of the population in Saint John that is resentful of success and who delights in seeing people fail. Ignore them Shane and concentrate on moving forward.

This definitely isn't specific to Saint John. New Brunswick in general has this defeatist attitude that makes me sick. I can't tell you the number of times I've heard something like, "that's just the way it is here." Very few people seem to be interested in improving this province or themselves. Even more ridiculous is the sentiment that people here shouldn't have high expectations for their lives.

We need more people like Shane to build businesses that not only employ people but export their products outside of NB.

No kidding, I see that all the time as well.  It's those same people that tell me how "lucky" I am to own a brewery.   ::)

I guess it's a New Brunswick thing, when I lived there I found that anybody who seemed to have money was looked upon with suspicion.   Many people who think nobody else should have move money than them and if they did, they didn't deserve it.

Unfortunately that sums it up for a lot of folks here. 
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: April 26, 2017, 09:45:39 pm »

Someone would complain that they get better water or higher pressure. You just can't win with the unwashed peasants  ;D

I won't complain...we just have better water.  Straight outta the tap..it's so awesome, and tasteless.  I bathe in that stuff.

So the whole province is like one giant reserve?  No wonder my sis and her family have never held a real job while living there. And I thought it was because they lived on a reserve! (they do - didn't know the whole province fell under the spell.)

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #1308 on: April 27, 2017, 09:54:31 am »
So the whole province is like one giant reserve?  No wonder my sis and her family have never held a real job while living there. And I thought it was because they lived on a reserve! (they do - didn't know the whole province fell under the spell.)

Maybe not the whole province but there's definitely a weird culture here around work, especially in the rural areas.

It's certainly not unique to New Brunswick but the rural areas have been economically decimated. There used to be many mills and mines that have closed over the last few decades. A lot of the people in those areas seem to think they're entitled to living in the same place all their lives regardless of whether or not that makes economic sense. So you end up with people working seasonal jobs, getting laid off as soon as they can draw EI, and perhaps working under the table when possible. Housing is cheap, and as long as they have enough money for some dope, flats of Alpine cans, and an ATV to go hunting with they seem relatively happy.

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +169/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #1309 on: April 27, 2017, 09:57:37 am »

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: April 27, 2017, 10:01:08 am »

No, the libertarian point of view is that everyone should pay for their own water, from whatever water utilities they choose.

Well, yes. My post was two separate statements. The first the libertarian explanation, the second, is the left wing view that utilities are a common good which should be publicly held.

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
« Reply #1311 on: April 27, 2017, 01:29:53 pm »
Posts on our community Facebook page that go like this annoy the hell out of me:

Little Johnny's scooter was 'borrowed' from our driveway last night.  Whoever 'borrowed' it please return it, it was very special to him.
A basketball disappeared off our front porch last night
Our new whatever game from Costco wasn't there when I went to put the garbage out this morning

Here's a thought:  Instead of going on Facebook and complaining, teach your kids to put their :censor: away, then it won't get 'borrowed' during the night!!!   :banghead:
"This is no Playstation, this.  There is no reset button if you get it wrong.  You just go through the pearly gates...on fire!"   -Jeremy Clarkson

Offline OliverD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +254/-768
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 BMW 328i Touring, 1998 Jaguar XJR, 2024 Mini Cooper S
« Reply #1312 on: April 27, 2017, 03:38:00 pm »

I can't stand how Canadian Tire advertises its sales. That's not #%$&ing 10% off.  >:(

Offline Fobroader

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1423/-2113
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Honda Ridgeline, 2021 Lexus GX460, 2018 Kawasaki Versys X300
« Reply #1313 on: April 27, 2017, 03:43:45 pm »
Posts on our community Facebook page that go like this annoy the hell out of me:

Little Johnny's scooter was 'borrowed' from our driveway last night.  Whoever 'borrowed' it please return it, it was very special to him.
A basketball disappeared off our front porch last night
Our new whatever game from Costco wasn't there when I went to put the garbage out this morning

Here's a thought:  Instead of going on Facebook and complaining, teach your kids to put their :censor: away, then it won't get 'borrowed' during the night!!!   :banghead:

Yeah, we get lots of those on the town pages as well, same thing, maybe teach little Timmy/Sally to put their stuff in the house/garage. My buddies kid left her $300+ scooter underneath my truck behind the rear tires....luckily I saw something between the axle and ground before backing up. She got a blast of $hit from her mom and dad and her scooter taken away for a while, it was great  ;D

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6811
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #1314 on: April 27, 2017, 04:47:52 pm »

Offline Scaerio

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +193/-127
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Volvo C30 T5; all my exes: 2005 Suzuki Aerio SE, '02 Renault Clio, '93 Volvo 850 GLT, '78 MB W-123 230
« Reply #1315 on: April 27, 2017, 05:43:07 pm »

I can't stand how Canadian Tire advertises its sales. That's not #%$&ing 10% off.  >:(

At least it's better than 10%...
I'd rather be car-poor than house-poor...

Offline BWII

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +188/-375
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: April 28, 2017, 10:47:01 am »
My son trying to talk me out of looking at a 2017 F150 - spread sheets and all.

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: April 28, 2017, 10:52:30 am »
My son trying to talk me out of looking at a 2017 F150 - spread sheets and all.

Offline Weels

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +253/-259
  • This is my happy face
    • View Profile
  • Cars: The 5's: 2023 Mazda CX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5
« Reply #1318 on: April 28, 2017, 11:04:25 am »
^ How about a used S550 instead?   ;D

Offline tooscoops

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +325/-227
  • "stealership" employee
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '75 AMC Pacer, '70 Morgan 4/4, '21 Pacifica Hybrid, '21 Wrangler Rubicon
« Reply #1319 on: April 28, 2017, 11:13:05 am »
getting my coffee from tims this morning.. rather than one milk one sugar, they put in one milk..... one cream. brilliant.

what do they think? i'm watching my figure, so rather than 2 cream, i'll save some fat and make one a milk?

meh. it's a free tims coffee... don't really care i guess.
i used to be addicted to soap, but i'm clean now