Author Topic: Did you buy a used car recently?  (Read 58454 times)

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
Did you buy a used car recently?
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2013, 04:18:00 pm »
But they cannot change the owner of the vehicle on the records from the Manufacturer, yes they can find out recalls, but you are not going to get a letter in the mail from Nissan Canada or whom ever if you bought a used vehicle.

I've bought many used vehicles, never bothered to register them with the manufacturer and never received anything (despite visiting a dealer for repair / etc).  If you call the manufacturer they will have you on record as the owner for future problems that could come up.
when I bought my used outback, the local dealer updated subaru's records, because I started getting stuff from Subaru Canada.

So maybe they 'can't' do it, but obviously they 'do' do it.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
Re: Did you buy a used car recently?
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2017, 07:51:27 am »
Yes, I did try. I bought an used car from Japan
It is a BMW 3 Series 2007 white color. Except Japanese instruction, I think it is all great condition. The cost is not expensive.

This is the electronic equivalent of finding pamphlet slotted in your door handle or under a wiper blade...useless and anoying
I love it when a plan comes together.

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
Re: Did you buy a used car recently?
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2017, 08:36:08 am »
Yes, I did try. I bought an used car from Japan
It is a BMW 3 Series 2007 white color. Except Japanese instruction, I think it is all great condition. The cost is not expensive.
^^SPAM
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?